The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   forget to shut the sunroof... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34726)

craftylandshark 08-13-2006 12:48 PM

forget to shut the sunroof...

... and get jacked. That's the lesson I learned last night. Sony XPlod receiver, the metal harness AND the dash concealement door... GONE. How I didn't hear anything when the car was parked literally 20 feet from my bedroom window is beyond me, but hey, add it to the repair/replace list along with my transmission and engine seals :mad: Anyone have a stock SVX CD/Tape Deck they're looking to unload cheap?

greggbzz 08-13-2006 01:02 PM

I'll ship you mine if you pay for shipping. I'm moving and the less I have to move the better.

The CD player is very tempremental though.

craftylandshark 08-13-2006 01:07 PM

I think I may take you up on that. On my first SVX, god rest her soul, the CD player never really worked... I just ran my iPod through the tape deck and I was more than happy. I'll PM you in a day or two and hopefully we can set something up.

<edit> You don't happen to have the harness and the door to spare too do you? lol

Bwana 08-13-2006 09:59 PM

I have a woodgrain cage. I also have a couple stock radios (at my parents house...in texas :p )

edit: no CD players though

Alycone 08-15-2006 01:05 PM

:( Ouch! :(

AppStateSVX 08-20-2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftylandshark
... and get jacked. That's the lesson I learned last night. Sony XPlod receiver, the metal harness AND the dash concealement door... GONE. How I didn't hear anything when the car was parked literally 20 feet from my bedroom window is beyond me, but hey, add it to the repair/replace list along with my transmission and engine seals :mad: Anyone have a stock SVX CD/Tape Deck they're looking to unload cheap?

hey man, I still have the stock radio/cassette at home, If you want I can pick it up for you this weekend when I go home. that sucks man, hate to hear that the radio got jacked. I'll give it to you for free, I don't need it. The CD player part doesn't always work, but sometimes does

Suby Fan 08-20-2006 11:09 AM

what kind of crack head thef jumps though a sun roof????

nsm484 08-20-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suby Fan
what kind of crack head thef jumps though a sun roof????

you answered yourself :)

That sux man... I hate to hear about cars getting broken into just for the radios... and why in the hell did they take the door? Alwell... Hope you can
find a replacement soon

Just think, atleast they didnt take the whole car! :)

AppStateSVX 08-20-2006 07:35 PM

did they take the entire door frame? ****in a that sucks