The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   limp home feature (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14795)

Noir 12-02-2003 02:34 PM

limp home feature

i was looking at a svx info site and saw there was a 'limp home' feature. anyone know what that is? i did a search on 'limp home' and found nothing. thanks.

i guess a limp is better than crawl. :)

nubs 12-02-2003 02:39 PM

Explanation

A generic limp mode explanation can be found HERE

The SVX probably has this or something similar.

GreenMarine 12-02-2003 02:45 PM

Cool, That's handy to have!!! :):D:cool:

lee 12-02-2003 02:48 PM

when my gear position sensor (on the side of the tranny) broke, it went into a limp home mode. Selecting manual, or 3rd, or 2nd, or whatever had no effect. The auto shifting worked fine, just no other features. I really noticed it because the dash indicator never moved.

Noir 12-02-2003 03:49 PM

that's good. if i ever have a bad sensor or some abnormality in a particular function related to the drivetrain, i can 'limp' home.

BackWoodsBob 08-01-2013 08:11 PM

Re: limp home feature

Bump

I'm stuck in limp home mode, but via ECU and not the TCU. Any ideas on resetting it? I've unplugged the neg terminal and no joy. I've pulled the codes and only getting a code 24 for the aux air con valve. Which I've had for over a year. AND the car idles perfectly. Runs fine till 1500rpm.

ANY ideas would be appreciated!

bishop 08-01-2013 08:15 PM

bumped a thread from 10 years ago bud.

BackWoodsBob 08-01-2013 08:19 PM

I'm pretty desperate, need my car for work :(

oab_au 08-01-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob (Post 726592)
Bump

I'm stuck in limp home mode, but via ECU and not the TCU. Any ideas on resetting it? I've unplugged the neg terminal and no joy. I've pulled the codes and only getting a code 24 for the aux air con valve. Which I've had for over a year. AND the car idles perfectly. Runs fine till 1500rpm.

ANY ideas would be appreciated!

Well Bob, there is no "limp home" mode. What happens is if a unit is having problems that the ECU cannot use, it then runs a set of tables for that unit so that the car will run.
If it runs OK till 1500, I would say that the Mass Air Flow sensor is not operating, and the ECU is running an set "idle" of tables that unit.
Can't think of any other unit that would cause it.

Harvey.

BackWoodsBob 08-01-2013 09:20 PM

I was hoping I'd attract your attention Harvey! You've been a great help in the past.

I've already ruled that out with the 'unplug' test. Ran like crap and still wouldn't go past 1500. Tried gapping the plugs again, no change, tried the fuel pressure regulator, no change.

Checked all connections, and changed oil pressure sensor for a known good unit. No change. Checked TCU connections, all snug as a bug. Adjusted TPS, no joy there either.