The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let' hear it for Earl (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8735)

wawazat?? 02-11-2003 03:45 PM

Let' hear it for Earl

I may be a bit slow, but it appears from his signature that he now owns 4, count 'em 1-2-3-4 SVX's.:D I'm guessing his recent addition is the deligeds 5 speed?

Woo Hoo!

Todd

Green1995SVX 02-11-2003 04:06 PM

Earl is a SVX hogger.

Mike

Tim 02-11-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Earl is a SVX hogger.

Mike

Bah, but you know you still have the best looking svx mike :)

Green1995SVX 02-11-2003 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221

Bah, but you know you still have the best looking svx mike :)

I dont remember what it looks like... (going on 6 weeks svxless) :(

Mike

ensteele 02-11-2003 05:12 PM

I wondered how long it might take for someone to see the signature. I did let it slip in the chat room yesterday.

I am going to fly back on Thursday the 20th to pick it up. I will spend the night there in Kansas City, MO, and then leave on Friday AM. I will arrive in Colorado that evening, and might spend the night there (had an offer anyway) and go to the meet with everyone that day. I would leave early afternoon for home and arrive home Sunday evening.

I am excited about the 5 speed, and the other options that deligeds has on it. I have heard a lot of positive feedback on it.

Now I have my Red, White, and Blue SVXs. :D

Mike, I won't buy any more for a while so you can get a couple for yourself. ;)

svxistentialist 02-11-2003 05:16 PM

Congratulations Earl

We may [hopefully not:eek: ] be losing a member in Dorian, but at least the car stays in the family.

Wish you well with it.

Joe;) :)

ensteele 02-11-2003 05:24 PM

Thank you. That is true. It will be kept in the SVX Family and will be well taken care of. It will have its own covered place to stay out of the weather, and will be driven often. It would have been a shame to see it go on ebay to someone who would have messed it up with additional unsightly mods. ;) :D

Tim 02-11-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Mike

I havent driven mine today cuz i was home sick from school, and im already going through withdrawal... hehehe.

vkykam 02-11-2003 06:35 PM

Um, Uh, Earl,

Just what kind of a job do you have to be able to afford 4 SVX and its related repairs? :eek:

I'm in the wrong industry, I tell ya... :D

VK
Eh!

Ron Mummert 02-11-2003 06:51 PM

Earl, your auto insurance agent must have you on his/her speed dial key. How are you & the Kennel of Kars treated on your policy? Are you getting a "four-pack" discount? Clue us in.

Thanks, Ron (red, white & blue with envy).

ensteele 02-11-2003 07:13 PM

;) :) :D

petesvx2 02-11-2003 08:17 PM

Quote:

Mike

Thats because when she says she's going to stay in the garage, she's over at my house getting jiggy with her bad self....:cool:

Aredubjay 02-11-2003 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vkykam
Um, Uh, Earl,

Just what kind of a job do you have to be able to afford 4 SVX and its related repairs? :eek:

I'm in the wrong industry, I tell ya... :D

VK
Eh!

You 'n' me both, Victor. Right now, I couldn't afford to change o-rings in 4 SVXes. :(

CONGRATS EARL! :D

ensteele 02-11-2003 10:32 PM

Thanks Randy Speaking of O rings, I still had a leak in my Pearlie and when I looked closely, I see that the pressure fitting that goes to the stearing line is leaking. When I looked in the repair manual, I see several other O rings that are in that piece. It isn't the regular O ring that we replace below the tank, but a few others. Your job at the 10th anniversary is now vinicated sp? and I will take back all that I said about it. Can I have my O ring back? LOL :)

Aredubjay 02-11-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Thanks Randy Speaking of O rings, I still had a leak in my Pearlie and when I looked closely, I see that the pressure fitting that goes to the stearing line is leaking. When I looked in the repair manual, I see several other O rings that are in that piece. It isn't the regular O ring that we replace below the tank, but a few others. Your job at the 10th anniversary is now vinicated sp? and I will take back all that I said about it. Can I have my O ring back? LOL :)

I have placed the o-ring on a plaque, and it hangs on my office wall. I don't think the glue I used would make it conducive to re-installation.

Phew! I'm glad I'm "vinicated" (vindicated :D). I still felt bad about mucking the job up. I can get some sleep now.