The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   anyone for Laguna Blue? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3843)

BradT 04-24-2002 06:37 PM

anyone for Laguna Blue?

*Finally* added a couple of photos of my own SVX. Check out my locker. And while you're there ....

Note the photos of my grille and of my black (side) trim. Any ideas as to how to stop the flaking (!) of the coating on the grille -- look closely -- and how to get rid of the discoloration/pitting on the black trim? Thanks.

Green1995SVX 04-24-2002 06:43 PM

Yum.

Earthworm 04-24-2002 11:02 PM

I've always liked the blue SVX's. I wish there was one here in Winnipeg for me to see in person. Given the choice between a black SVX (like I have) and a blue SVX I would take the blue.

DavieGravy 04-25-2002 01:10 AM

That's a really good choice of colour!!!. I remember seeing an SVX with the same paint in my area about a month ago(prob. not a member of this site), and ever since, I've been obsessed. I guess I'll dream unitll I get some cash. Enjoy!

Dave

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 07:10 AM

I love that color. When I get a second SVX (seems to be the trend...might as well follow), I'll probably look for a blue one. It's just a fantastic color.

EverclearAtMSU 04-25-2002 08:43 AM

i love the blue :-)

As for the pitting, your only real option is to clean it really well, and do it alot. As for fixing it, you may just want to buy another grill, or just paint it to match the body.

mangodreams 04-25-2002 08:58 AM

Great color!

I have the same color and I love it also. I have some paint chips on the hood, some dimples and some flaking on my bumber, but otherwise the paint is in good condition. I'm thinking of going to Maaco to get a estimate for a "touch-up."

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 09:12 AM

Re: Great color!

Quote:

Originally posted by mangodreams
I have the same color and I love it also. I have some paint chips on the hood, some dimples and some flaking on my bumber, but otherwise the paint is in good condition. I'm thinking of going to Maaco to get a estimate for a "touch-up."
I wouldn't say the M-word around here if I were you. There's a reason they're so cheap, and you *do* get what you pay for.

Go to a reputable shop and have it done right.

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 10:20 AM

Re: Great color!

Quote:

Originally posted by mangodreams
Maaco
<GASP!>

Earthworm 04-25-2002 10:25 AM

My bodyshop told me to M**** my car. That wasn't very nice of them.

BradT 04-25-2002 10:33 AM

Thanks, everyone.

I guess people really *do* like blue, don't they?

(Of course, if you have an SVX, you like it's color.) ;)

wasions 04-25-2002 11:03 AM

Re: Re: Great color!

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I wouldn't say the M-word around here if I were you. There's a reason they're so cheap, and you *do* get what you pay for.

Go to a reputable shop and have it done right.

I've even been entertaining the idea of painting mine myself. I can't afford a $5,000 - $6,000 paint job, and I'm beginning to think anything might be better than what I've got. I haven't seen any rust yet, but it's only a matter of time unless I can get some spots covered. :eek: