The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Microsoft zune (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46687)

redlightningsvx 10-21-2008 07:24 PM

Microsoft zune

Has anyone downloaded the 3.0 update and has had nothing but problems since or is it just me?

LetItSnow 10-21-2008 08:03 PM

Re: Microsoft zune

First gen or second?

redlightningsvx 10-21-2008 08:38 PM

First gen 30GB. I just read about the 2nd gens just quit working all together after the update, even the first gens. Here's a linky about the problems i have now http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/gen...0-install.html

Landshark 10-21-2008 10:36 PM

Microsoft needs to stay out of the hardware business.

Manarius 10-21-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 569793)
Microsoft needs to stay out of the hardware business.

They tend to contract out to other companies and sell it as MS.

Landshark 10-21-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 569795)
They tend to contract out to other companies and sell it as MS.

apparently they are contracting the wrong companies.

Xbox360. fail.
Zune. fail.

Manarius 10-22-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 569796)
apparently they are contracting the wrong companies.

Xbox360. fail.
Zune. fail.

Agreed. The Xbox and Xbox 360 have both had heat problems. You'd think that they would have figured out how to beat the heat by this day and age.

Wikedjuggalo 10-22-2008 06:39 AM

I hate the Zune and their stupid ass app that attempts to synch every song on your computer when you plug it in. I have had a Creative Labs Zen Vision M for over 3 years now and mind you I do not have one scratch on the screen and it still works flawlessly. Brother has a Zune and had it less then a year and the damn play button stopped working.

Tim 10-22-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 569829)
I hate the Zune and their stupid ass app that attempts to synch every song on your computer when you plug it in. I have had a Creative Labs Zen Vision M for over 3 years now and mind you I do not have one scratch on the screen and it still works flawlessly. Brother has a Zune and had it less then a year and the damn play button stopped working.

I have a creative labs zen extra 30gb thats about 3 times the size of an ipod or zune. It's over 6 years old and still works flawlessly. Even the battery still holds a charge :)

Landshark 10-22-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 569833)
I have a creative labs zen extra 30gb thats about 3 times the size of an ipod or zune. It's over 6 years old and still works flawlessly. Even the battery still holds a charge :)

same here witha 40gb Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra ..... it just sucks for using in the car, where i used it mostly.

i'm not a fan of Apple stuff, but iPod FTW (in the car).

shelfy 10-22-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 569839)

agreed! and now they're practically giving the things away.

techy101 10-22-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 569839)
same here witha 40gb Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra ..... it just sucks for using in the car, where i used it mostly.

I had a Creative Nomad Zen and it was great, but everything that I've tried from Creative after that has been total junk. When I finally caved and got my 60 gig iPod Video a few years ago I was about to pull my hair out. That was my fourth device in just a couple of days. I'd been getting Zen Vision M's but they kept not working.

The first and third froze mid-firmware update and were unrecoverable. The second one I was able to load about half my music on but it just ignored the rest of the music on my PC (all unprotected .mp3. Tunebite FTW) and the headphone jack only worked if you pushed the connector just right, and as soon as you let go it would begin crackling again.

I'm not a fan of Apple's over-priced wares, but I have to concede that the they managed to do a damn good job on the iPods's. They have a great interface, smooth, reliable and easy to use. (I feel sick defending apple, but I have to give credit where credit is due.)

subeman90 10-22-2008 10:17 AM

my friend has a Zune and loves it to death...yet the GF's iPod likes to lock up more then i would care to have it do that.

i use CD's :lol:

Wikedjuggalo 10-22-2008 10:41 AM

The Vision M is no bigger then a Zune and to me is superior in quality. I can't say all of them work great but mine has worked great. I do not like Ipods because Itunes annoys me to no end. As far as working in my car I have a AUX input so meah, If I had an IPod I could use that stupid connection that came with my DVD player.

shelfy 10-22-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 569851)
the GF's iPod likes to lock up more then i would care to have it do that.

they do like to do that. crazy iPods. :(