The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Where does an 18 YO get Venture Capital? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39435)

svxthc 06-19-2007 01:39 PM

Where does an 18 YO get Venture Capital?

Question says it all. I was hoping one of you might know/have rich relatives/have brass balls.

Noir 06-19-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxthc
Question says it all. I was hoping one of you might know/have rich relatives/have brass balls.

i hear robbing banks or selling crack is a quick way to get some VC.

subi-crosser 06-19-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxthc

Put it all down on paper and go to the Small Business Administration.
They will give you examples of how to build a business plan, crunch the numbers to give you 'projections' of potential earnings and tell you what you need to do BEFORE you approach the bankers.
If it is a REALLY GREAT idea, they might even have some $$$$$$$ available.

Did you know that FED-EX came from a college 'Economics Class' project?? The teacher LAUGHED IT OFF and gave the guy a 'crap grade'.
If you have any marks on your credit report, fix them! If you have no credit at all, (even worse!) GET some somewhere! Sears, Wal-mart, JC Penny. Charge something and pay it off right away, ( several times)

Good LUCK!!

jeffast 06-19-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Did you know that FED-EX came from a college 'Economics Class' project?? The teacher LAUGHED IT OFF and gave the guy a 'crap grade'!!

actually that was ups but basically thats what happend

RSVX 06-20-2007 05:39 AM

Google was a college project, as well.

DarknessofDeath 06-20-2007 09:12 AM

what the **** is venture capital?

drivemusicnow 06-20-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
what the **** is venture capital?

Break it down now:

Capital = money, cash, green, Benjaminz.
Venture = an undertaking or project that involves risk.

ergo, some dollars for starting a business.

DarknessofDeath 06-20-2007 10:06 AM

i see.... ~

msvx95 06-20-2007 10:16 AM

Read Robert Kyosaki's book "Cash Flow Quadrant" and you'll see that the best way to go is to run a B type business or become an investor and make your money work for you.

Phast SVX 06-22-2007 09:35 PM

I think you missed your boat in '99, however maybe just add bio to whatever it is you need to take public and you may have a chance

Phast SVX 06-22-2007 09:39 PM

lets be clear on the "venture capitalists" and what they do. They take existing companies which are private S/C corps, and go public with them, sometimes holding their hands sometimes not. They make their money when the company goes public, and they are paid out multiples hopefully of their shares they paid pennies for

drivemusicnow 06-25-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phast SVX
lets be clear on the "venture capitalists" and what they do. They take existing companies which are private S/C corps, and go public with them, sometimes holding their hands sometimes not. They make their money when the company goes public, and they are paid out multiples hopefully of their shares they paid pennies for

True, unless the company doesn't go anywhere (whatever that made up statistic is, like 4 out of 5 new companies go bust in the first year) in which case they lose all of their investment and have nothing to show for it

But for the most part, being a venture capitalist (at least a smart one) means you're rolling in the cash and have some cool "ins" in a lot of different industries.