The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I got noticed! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3624)

gcookaustin 04-13-2002 12:26 PM

I got noticed!

During week #1 of being in the SVX, I have been followed by a group of kids (high-schoolers?) who wanted to know what kind of car I was driving. This was at night too. I was about home when I heard someone shout "hey!" to the left of me. We were going about 30 at the time I guess. I rolled down the window and said, "yeah?" There was at least one girl in the car and asked me "what kind of car is that?" I say, "it's a Subaru," and drive on home, and they do a U-turn right before a busy intersection and go back the other direction. Hey, that's never happened to me in the Cutlass Ciera before... :D

Just about done getting it all fixed up! Am getting front brake pads on Monday. When it's all washed up it looks like new, except for the front headlights :rolleyes: Why do they film up again? Also my engine sounds like it's got a turbo sometimes, I saw a post about that a couple of weeks ago so I guess it's off to the exhaust place. Haven't figured out what the squeaky rattle is when I close the doors or hit speed bumps. And the sunroof got stuck upon trying to open it after I had washed it, I just pushed it up by hand and retried a couple of times and it seems to work now.

sith 04-13-2002 01:16 PM

Maybe that's why girls wouldn't talk to me in high school - no svx!

-colin

Green1995SVX 04-13-2002 01:24 PM

It wasnt that. After I got my SVX in high school, girls still wouldnt talk to me.

-Mike

Boone 04-13-2002 01:26 PM

High School kids are the only ones that notice my SVX. The car has been universally ignored by all, including other SVXs I see on the road. Then there was this one old guy who quizzed me about the car but he was really wierd. Maybe it's just me. :( ;) :p

Green1995SVX 04-13-2002 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Then there was this one old guy who quizzed me about the car but he was really wierd. Maybe it's just me. :( ;) :p
LOL. Weird people like that seem to be drawn to me.

-Mike

SHISVX 04-13-2002 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
It wasnt that. After I got my SVX in high school, girls still wouldnt talk to me.

-Mike

*checking Mike out, and tries to get the courage to go over and talk to him*

see, and i am only a LITTLE weird!?!

Kelli:D

Green1995SVX 04-13-2002 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

*checking Mike out, and tries to get the courage to go over and talk to him*

see, and i am only a LITTLE weird!?!

Kelli:D

Checking me out doesnt make you weird. or does it...

-Mike

SHISVX 04-13-2002 02:21 PM

Quote:

Checking me out doesnt make you weird. or does it...

-Mike

Nah;)

Kelli

Green1995SVX 04-13-2002 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

Nah;)

Kelli

aww.

SHISVX 04-13-2002 02:26 PM

Quote:

aww.

now don't be getting all tearie eyed or anything.....

:)

phoenix96 04-13-2002 02:53 PM

In the 30 miles I've driven my car I've noticed a lot of stares. I've been driving very inconspicuously and on out-of-the-way streets though. On Monday I'll finally be able to get it smog checked and get a temporary registration.

Seraph 04-13-2002 03:28 PM

Where are the High Schools near me -- Time to make those high school chicks follow me. :D:D:D:D

Lwin

dart 04-13-2002 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Where are the High Schools near me -- Time to make those high school chicks follow me. :D:D:D:D

Lwin

Well, 15'll get you 20. At least in the states ;) Thats a cool avatar
Lwin. Congrats on the '92 AWD. :cool:

svxistentialist 04-13-2002 05:20 PM

You lookin' at me??

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix96
In the 30 miles I've driven my car I've noticed a lot of stares. I've been driving very inconspicuously and on out-of-the-way streets though. On Monday I'll finally be able to get it smog checked and get a temporary registration.
Hey Andrew, if you're driving paranoid through back streets because your registration is not complete, they are bound to give you lots of looks. They will think you are planning to rob a bank!!

Joe:D :D

phoenix96 04-13-2002 05:31 PM

Re: You lookin' at me??

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Hey Andrew, if you're driving paranoid through back streets because your registration is not complete, they are bound to give you lots of looks. They will think you are planning to rob a bank!!

Joe:D :D

Ah, good point :D