The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   For all of you in Isabel's path... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13259)

srmifer 09-18-2003 12:34 PM

For all of you in Isabel's path...

I wish you, your family, and your friends, the best. Stay safe guys!

RSVX 09-19-2003 05:16 AM

For us in Jersey... Isabel was a joke... but thanks for the thoughts.

And the same goes from me to the ones in her path that got hit with something more thin windy rain.:rolleyes:

Tim 09-19-2003 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX
For us in Jersey... Isabel was a joke... but thanks for the thoughts.

And the same goes from me to the ones in her path that got hit with something more thin windy rain.:rolleyes:

Hey that shopping cart was going really fast! I was pulling the same thing as the guy in the Volkswagen commercial... except its saving the SVX from carts!

SVXRide 09-19-2003 09:48 AM

Southern Maryland faired pretty well -- numerous downed trees and power outages, but here we are on Friday morning and it's a beautiful day....we got our power back on around 6:00 am and now we just have to go out and clean up (I only have one tree I have to straigten up - soft soil and high winds put it over at around a 45 deg angle!). At least all of our trees have been cleaned of dead branches!
Hope everyone else is doing okay! Ron? Mikecg?

SHISVX 09-19-2003 12:54 PM

i got to do stand by all night, i am pretty tired. we only had one call, a tree that fell on a house...other then that...the roads are just a little dirty from all the leaves and sticks...other then that...we just got a little rain up north

Kelli

SubaruPartsGirl 09-19-2003 02:49 PM

I live in Glen Burnie, MD and for those who do not live directly on the water things were not too bad except for quite a bit of power outages and plenty of fallen trees. Alot of the houses along the creeks and rivers up here are under water. On my lunch break today I took a drive over to my old neighborhood which is right on a creek, and alot of the houses along the creek that were close to the water were flooded. The water was about to the bottom of first story windows. In this same creek there is a single house out in the middle of the creek on a small island that I have not gotten to see yet but I hope to do that when I get out of here.

Alot of the people I work with live in Baltimore County and they have had lots of complaints about flooding. Most of the piers at the local marina's were under water, lots of overturned boats and tons of boats were just floating aimlessly in the water. One woman said that she had her boat pulled out of the water and on to shore 2 days ago to prepare and today she found it out in the middle of the tributary close to where she docks it.

Downtown Annapolis is not much more than a large public dock with tons of small shops and retaurants surrounding it and the water had flowed over the dock, and up several feet comming up to the windows of the shops.

Anyway...I am here at work counting the minutes until 6pm...