The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Snowshoe II - Planning thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=871)

svxxx26 07-13-2001 01:15 PM

Snowshoe II - Planning thread

I have started this thread to serve as a "workbook" for Snowshoe II, so the posts aren't spread out all over the place.
Don has expresses a desire to move it a bit east to the panhandle to attract some more participants.
There have also been some thoughts expressed that the secluded nature of the original location was desireable, along with the fact that we would also be moving it further away from some.
Personally, even though I liked the small size and seclusion of the original (not to mention being closer), I think we should give the Eastern Panhandle idea a go.
If we're shooting for peak leaf season, I would say Oct. 13 or 20 for a date. How's that sound?

Ron Mummert 07-13-2001 09:55 PM

I don't care which part of West Verginny you decide upon, as long as I can hear the twang of that "Deliverance" banjo in the background. Ron/Tsu

svxter 07-14-2001 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I don't care which part of West Verginny you decide upon, as long as I can hear the twang of that "Deliverance" banjo in the background. Ron/Tsu
I think the Eastern panhandle would be a good location - could attract some of MD crowd, and maybe a couple from NJ or even lure Larry out of DE. Date sound pretty good.

svxxx26 07-14-2001 08:25 PM

Quote:

Hey Girly Man, errr . . . .Ron - I'm tuning up my Banjo real special just for YOU!:eek:

svxxx26 07-17-2001 08:04 AM

Dates

Made a few inquiries, and it sounds like the 3rd weekend in October is about peak - that would be Oct. 20.

Ron Mummert 07-17-2001 08:29 PM

Jerry, have you posted this message "over there", just to attract the commoners? Ron/Tsu

svxxx26 07-17-2001 08:53 PM

You mean THAT place?

Quote:

Jerry, have you posted this message "over there", just to attract the commoners? Ron/Tsu
No, I haven't posted anything "there" yet - thought I would wait until the dates and location were firmed up.
At the moment, everything is still pretty much up in the air.
When we do get things a little more definite, I do plan on doing my best Larry III impersonation and push it as much as I can! :rolleyes:

svxxx26 07-20-2001 08:24 AM

Date & Location!

Weekend of October 20, in the area of Harper's Ferry, WV.
Should be the peak of the fall color season in a very scenic area.
If you're interested, PM me or e-mail alcyone26@hotmail.com

LarryIII 07-23-2001 10:24 AM

Jerry !!!

This is my best Larry the turd, tard, tird, third, er aye, aye, aye, impersonation.

Come one, come all to
"WONERFUL WEST VIRGINNY"
for the
"SNOWSHOE ii SVX MEET"

Meet the always loquacious Aredubjay in person !

See Don & Ron and the incredible "Dueling Pun" show.

Witness the sights and sounds of the awesome 983 HP SVX.

Actually get to touch Eddycat's bathrobe. :eek:

Learn if the mysterious Maria will attend this meet.

Witness Scully & Mulder try to catch "Thet there car with them weird windows".

Larry iii :D
PS: Did I mention HIP ( Hotenanny Incentive Plan- Well it is West, by God, Virginia):)
PPS: The Beautiful Naviguesser and I will try to make it this time.
PPPS: Jerry, I hope that was good enough.

svxxx26 07-23-2001 12:44 PM

YES!!

Larry!!! (oh, sorry - "Larry iii")

Fantastic! You're more West by God Virginian then I am! ;)

Mind if I cut and paste it for future use?:eek:

Looking forward to meeting you and the beautiful naviguesser!

Ron Mummert 07-23-2001 08:53 PM

Yup, Larry, it's West Verginny - The naviguesser WILL be of use. Can she handle a crossbow? See Reynolds & Voight for details. Tsu/Ron

LarryIII 07-24-2001 05:28 AM

West (By God) Virginny

Ron,

The "Naviguesser" doesn't qualify for West Virginny status.
First, she wears shoes (She has enough to make Immelda blush). Second, she is not with child (to my knowledge anyway).
Third, she has more than 2 dresses. (weekday, and Sunday-go -to-meeting).
Fially, she knows which forkand knife to use for each course at formal dinner parties. I, however, always use the thumb and index fingers while sticking out my pinky (I did say FORMAL dinner parties).

Larry III:D

Ron Mummert 07-24-2001 08:02 AM

But Larry, why then in Rehoboth, did she attempt to eat her peas with a knife? Lord, I was so embarrassed, I almost dropped my handfull of mashed potatoes. Ron.

Aredubjay 07-24-2001 08:10 AM

Quote:

But Larry, why then in Rehoboth, did she attempt to eat her peas with a knife? Lord, I was so embarrassed, I almost dropped my handfull of mashed potatoes. Ron.
"She eats her peas with honey,
She's done it all her life.
She know's it sounds quite funny, but,
It keeps them on her knife." :D

svxxx26 07-24-2001 08:11 AM

Re: West (By God) Virginny

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Ron,

The "Naviguesser" doesn't qualify for West Virginny status.
First, she wears shoes (She has enough to make Immelda blush). Second, she is not with child (to my knowledge anyway).
Third, she has more than 2 dresses. (weekday, and Sunday-go -to-meeting).
Fially, she knows which forkand knife to use for each course at formal dinner parties. I, however, always use the thumb and index fingers while sticking out my pinky (I did say FORMAL dinner parties).

Larry III:D

Hmmm . . . I think the operative phrase here is "to my knowledge". Ummm, does she have a brother?

Are formal dinner parties what you use the fancy eatin' table for?