The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Seraph, please do not refer to me as a "Loser". (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9374)

anthonybuchanan 03-17-2003 12:41 PM

Seraph, please do not refer to me as a "Loser".

I made a post last week and received the following from Seraph.

" I bring mine to the dealer all the time... so... L".

My six year old son uses the capital "L" letter to refer to his other six year old friends as a "loser".

I do not consider lanquage used by my six year old as insulting however Seraph does. I have never attempted to insult another person in this forum and never will.

Seraph, if you start this type of behavior than it's anyones guess what type of forum this excellent forum could become.

Stop it now.

lhopp77 03-17-2003 12:43 PM

Huh??

I suspect Seraph was simply signing his message with his initial--"L" for Lwin.
:cool:

Phast SVX 03-17-2003 12:48 PM

Re: Huh??

Quote:

Originally posted by lhopp77
I suspect Seraph was simply signing his message with his initial--"L" for Lwin.
:cool:

Definitely, Lwin was not trying to call you a looser at all, just signing his name :)
phil

anthonybuchanan 03-17-2003 12:55 PM

I stand corrected.

I love this forum however I have not had the chance to know everyones names. I am sorry and I feel like an idiot.

anthonybuchanan 03-17-2003 12:59 PM

Update.

After this mistake I, though temporarily, do feel like a "Loser" now.
My apologies to Seraph.

Mr. Pockets 03-17-2003 12:59 PM

Re: I stand corrected.

Quote:

Originally posted by anthonybuchanan
I love this forum however I have not had the chance to know everyones names. I am sorry and I feel like an idiot.
You might not have felt like such an idiot had you contacted Lwin privately. At he bottom of every post is a button to send a private message to the person who posted it. If you had simply PMed Lwin for a clarification, you could have avoided the public scene.

anthonybuchanan 03-17-2003 01:00 PM

You are right.

Mr. Pockets 03-17-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by anthonybuchanan
You are right.
Hey, it's okay, though. I've made worse mistakes on these forums. :D

mohrds 03-17-2003 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Hey, it's okay, though. I've made worse mistakes on these forums. :D

Yeah, like saying that you love Google more than I do.

What part of Chicago are you in Anthony? and welcome to the board. We've all made some silly mistakes in our time here. Eventually your hear the tales of them if you read enough posts.

Doug

Seraph 03-17-2003 01:29 PM

It's ok. I have signed my name here with both, -- L and Lwin

Sorry to confuse you with the initial and the *Loser.* We all make silly mistakes all the time. You should come with us to Reading. There will be more items to pick and make fun of after the meet.

L (for Lwin) :D

RSVX 03-17-2003 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
It's ok. I have signed my name here with both, -- L and Lwin

Sorry to confuse you with the initial and the *Loser.* We all make silly mistakes all the time. You should come with us to Reading. There will be more items to pick and make fun of after the meet.

L (for Lwin) :D

Like women playing with your alarm system and peoples wives not remembering your names...

but then, I dont know anything about those?:rolleyes:

Aredubjay 03-17-2003 02:37 PM

I have posted 8.440 times. I don't even want to imagine how many of those were silly misunderstandings . . . or, just plain silly. :D

Anyway, welcome, Anthony. I've gotten a good chuckle out of this thread. :D:D:D

ensteele 03-17-2003 03:06 PM

I am glad you can still chuckle after Lwin has called you a looser a time or two! :D Ooooops - I guess that was his signature again. :o

Aredubjay 03-17-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
I am glad you can still chuckle after Lwin has called you a looser a time or two! :D Ooooops - I guess that was his signature again. :o
No, you're right. Lwin has, straight-out, called me a loser more than a time or two. But, I know him well enough to know that he's joking :confused: . . . I think.:eek:

Mr. Pockets 03-17-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

Yeah, like saying that you love Google more than I do.

No, see, that doesn't go under the 'mistake' column. That goes under the 'verified as 100% bona-fide correct' column.

I have this chart available online. If you had thought to use Google to search for it, you could have found it and avoided such embarrassment.

Doug: 'Oh, hey, before I say this ridiculous thing about Nick, I should head on over to my *favorite* search engine, IWon.com, and make sure there's no conflicting evidence online...do dee do dee dum...'