The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Power Window Problem (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30202)

1320boy 12-10-2005 06:54 PM

Power Window Problem

Im wondering if there is a fuse or something else wrong with my passanger power window.
I dont want to have to replace the motor for it so is there something that i can do or check???
Im very :confused: And its only my passanger all the others work.
Can someone help me? :o

immortal_suby 12-11-2005 06:48 AM

Could be a number of things.
Do you hear a motor turning when you try to open the window or do you hear nothing?
You will have to remove the inner doorskin to get a look at it before we can help any.

1320boy 12-11-2005 11:53 PM

But im wondering if there is a fuse that i can check before i start ripping things apart???? :o

billb 12-12-2005 12:08 PM

Does the passenger window work from the driver's switch? How about the rear windows? I thought my rear windows were working, but they were only working from the driver's switch. Do they work from the driver's switch and from their own switches? Make sure.

If your problem is that the passenger's window does not work at all from any switch, then the fuses should be OK. You'll have to start tearing into the door to find the problem.

1320boy 12-12-2005 08:30 PM

son of a ***** :mad:
i was hoping that i wouldnt have to tear **** out.
but i want to make sure, where is the fuse just incase. all the other windows work just not the pass front :o

1320boy 12-12-2005 08:32 PM

son of a ***** :mad:
i was hoping that i wouldnt have to tear stuff out.
but i want to make sure, where is the fuse just incase. all the other windows work just not the pass front :o

kuoh 12-12-2005 08:58 PM

Actually, the door panel is pretty easy to take off. Just pray you don't have to replace the rear speakers, now those are a pain to get to.

KuoH

billb 12-13-2005 05:23 AM

I agree that the door panel is easy to get off. I was afraid of breaking a bunch of clips but there was no problem. I'll have to look up where the fuse is tonight.

1320boy 12-13-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billb
I agree that the door panel is easy to get off. I was afraid of breaking a bunch of clips but there was no problem. I'll have to look up where the fuse is tonight.

Thanks man i really just want to check that before i think that i have to replace a motor when i really didnt have to :p

billb 12-13-2005 01:13 PM

I'll look tonight. I'd still be optimistic that it's the switch and not the motor. The switch from the driver's control gets routed through the passenger's door switch.

billb 12-13-2005 03:51 PM

There are two fuses in the power window circuit. Unfortunately, per the diagram, either fuse will kill all 4 windows. But, here is the info:

1) In the Main Fuse Box, Fuse is SBF-1. It's a 30 amp fuse near the middle of the fuse box.

2) In the fuse & relay box, it's fuse no. 15. It's a 10 amp fuse in a 7 by 3 array of fuses.

As I remembered, the power for the passenger's window is routed through the switch on the passenger's door. So, even when controlling the window from the driver's switches, the power goes through that passenger side switch. You'll have to pull the door panel to determine if the problem is in the switch or in the motor. That little switch on the passenger's door has 5 terminals and there's a few different modes of switching going on in that little guy. You'll just have to put a voltmeter on the wires to the motor and see if you ever get power to the motor when you use the driver's switch, or if you use the passenger's switch. If you're lucky, you won't ever have power to the motor and you can just replace the switch. I know the switch is about $40. I would guess that the motor is quite a bit more expensive.

Again, pulling the door panel is easy. Pull out the felt down in the door handle. There's a couple of screws down there. There's another screw under the door latch release lever. There's a very easily accessible screw right through the panel over toward the hinge area. After removing those, use a big screwdriver to pop out all of the plastic pins. Then push the panel straight up toward the window opening. That's it. Just be careful with the wiring that will be hanging back there.

Good luck.

1320boy 01-08-2006 12:57 AM

ok i tried and did all that i even pulled the motor out and it works there's power going to it what else could it be????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

immortal_suby 01-08-2006 08:56 AM

Could be the cable has snapped or the sleeve lock regulator has broken. Do you see a cable going up and down when you have the door skin off?

odepaj 01-08-2006 11:41 AM

I have a problem similar to this, none of my windows work, or my sunroof, the power drivers seat works though. When I try to roll down the window I can hear a buzzing sound from inside the door panel, the same happens when I try to open the sunroof, I can hear a buzzing coming from inside the headliner? I think it only does this with the drivers window and the sunroof, none of the other windows make the buzzing noise but they dont roll down either? Any thoughts? Thanks

dustin

1320boy 01-08-2006 05:45 PM

Yeah yeah. but i hear a clicking sound:confused: :confused: :confused:
nothing "LOOKS" out of place, but then again i didnt build the car niether.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: