The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen! Merry F'in Christmas to me!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23509)

CigarJohnny 12-29-2004 07:20 PM

Stolen! Merry F'in Christmas to me!!

Woke up this morning and what should my wondering eyes should appear? An empty space in my driveway where my SVX should be. My SVX was stolen last night!!! And the kicker was that I happened last night and I did not even notice it right away. Not until this morning when I went to leave for work. I have filed a police report but I have no idea how hopeful it is. My guess is not very good but one never knows.

To follow that up, on the way to have my son's broken finger x-rayed today, smoke started coming from the steering column of my wife's PT. Nothing like an electrical fire in the second car the same day the first car is stolen. Fortunately I was able to disconnect the battery while the wiring was still smoldering and had not burst into flames.

I swear...2004 is not leaving my life without a kicking me in the balls then kicking me in the head while I lay in pain. Should anyone see a black 92 SVX in my area let me know. There aren't any other black ones around here as far as I know.

I don't know how long it needs to be missing before they pronounce it dead but if anyone knows of any clean SVX for sale withing a few hundred miles of here please let me know. I may be in the market for another one soon.

Johnny (feeling violated and vengefull)

n00b on demand 12-29-2004 07:22 PM

DAYUM johnny so sorry to hear it. i hope everything turns out ok!

JeffN 12-29-2004 07:44 PM

Man, I tought our cars were low priority with thieves. Should be easy to find it 's stays in the US. Condolences.

Chiketkd 12-29-2004 07:53 PM

Damn Johnny. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully they'll find the arse and send him off to jail... ;)

How's your son's finger, btw? :)

-Chike

immortal_suby 12-29-2004 08:02 PM

It is perfectly legal to kill over the stealing of an svx in 49 states and some parts of canada.

hope it turns up soon and in one piece.

justiceSVX 12-29-2004 08:09 PM

Just curious, but was it locked? Was the factory security system armed?

Just wondering if I should invest ina better system. G'luck getting it back, on the flip side they ARE pretty easy to spot.... who knows. Maybe you'll get it back with a door ding that the insurance companies call totalled, and then you can buy it back for a few bucks and spend the rest on mods.

n00b on demand 12-29-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
It is perfectly legal to kill over the stealing of an svx in 49 states and some parts of canada.

hope it turns up soon and in one piece.

The immortal one likes to kill does he.....i shall join you in your adventures :D

wawazat?? 12-29-2004 08:46 PM

That SUX!

I've experienced a car theft before and it is one of the worst feelings one can experience over an inanimate object. Violated is the best word to describe it.

I'm betting it was kids looking for a joy ride John. I hope it returns to you quickly and intact. :(

Todd

MNYPNNY 12-29-2004 08:53 PM

Poor Johnny!!! You have my condolences. Let me know if I can help kick some a$$.

odepaj 12-29-2004 09:01 PM

i would kill............it makes me mad just reading this thread. ive always been afraid having to park my car on the street (6 cars at my house, the driveway fits all 6 but i would rather not have to play musical cars) maybe its time i invest in an aftermarket alarm system.

justiceSVX 12-29-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by odepaj
maybe its time i invest in an aftermarket alarm system.
Exactly why I was wondering if the factory alarm was armed or not. It's going to make me feel like it's unlocked if someone can steal it out of a driveway with the factory alarm system.

SVXer95 12-29-2004 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in a quick recovery.

drivemusicnow 12-30-2004 12:03 AM

Just wondering.. do you have the vin number? if they try to sell it for parts, i believe the vin number would be on the block, and some other parts... might be able to catch the theives this way?

i'm really sorry man. i don't know what i'd do if my car was stolen..

Alycone 12-30-2004 01:37 AM

That really sucks, poor ebony SVX. :(

ensteele 12-30-2004 02:32 AM

I am sorry to hear that. I had my stereo stolen and a window broken as well as some other damage, and I felt bad. To loose the whole car is much worse. I feel bad about the loss. :(