The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   ~:o( Gonna Miss Y'all (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53596)

Aredubjay 03-26-2010 03:42 PM

~:o( Gonna Miss Y'all

Both SVXs are down for the count. Trouble is, they're still the only cars I have and, business (since I quit my job last May) has been slow, so, I haven't been able to have them tended to.

Patience has developed a loud "whirring" noise -- only under load -- it lets up when you let off the gas, but, I'm guessing something in the tranny -- it sounds like it's lightly "scrubbing" when it downshifts. Also, occasionally, there's a loud POP! as if something has broken loose. Nothing in the speed or performance of the car changes after this POP, so, I thought it may be brakes (it was the same sound I was getting when my LR caliper locked up and my tone ring was shattered. However, there doesn't seem to be any drag. I changed the pads today -- though they were only about 50% worn. Took it for a test drive -- No POP (so far) but the whirring and scrubbing was still there. Oh well, what can you expect for 304,000+ miles.

"The Twin" is acting like the timing belt has jumped a tooth -- chugging along -- it started out just happening on takeoff, then, began missing all the time. It seemed like a fuel delivery problem, possibly a bad coil, but it doesn't SHAKE like a bad coil would. Haven't had time to look things over -- when I do, the weather's crappy (no garage to work in), so, dunno if I'll ever get to it. Althoug I guess I'll have to do something soon -- gotta be able to get around. Oh, and she seems to be leaking from EVERYWHERE! Coolant, oil, PS Fluid...you name it. Again, need to get under her to tell what's going on.

Anyway -- didn't want to weight y'all down with my problems, but wanted to let you know what's going on. Have a Yuengling and a Mimosa for me. It's pretty much bummin' me out that this will be my first miss EVER, but, I'd said that the TENTH would probably be my last. I didn't know I was being prophetic.

Y'all take care and have fun.

Trevor 03-27-2010 01:42 AM

Re: ~:o( Gonna Miss Y'all

Bad, bad news Randy,

Surely there is someone passing your way who will provide a ride. The back seat of an SVX is quite comfortable as I have proven when letting my son drive.

It is very necessary that you represent Fort Revor.;)

Sincerely, Trevor.

TomsSVX 03-27-2010 08:03 AM

:(frowny face mcpeterstein:(

Have someone pick you up on the way out??

Tom

svxcess 03-27-2010 09:15 AM

A few years ago, we all put or heads together and got Michelle to Reading.

I know we can get Randy to Reading as well.

But time is short. If he is willing to be there, I am sure we can make it happen!!

1986nate 03-27-2010 09:32 AM

I might be able to swing down that way. Will have to see how the laguna is running after I fix her up today.:)

ensteele 03-27-2010 10:53 AM

Randy - I am sorry to hear that. We will all miss seeing you and your fuzzy balls - I mean fuzzy dice this year. I hope you will be able to get there. It is not the same without you. (John is not as fun to pick on). Good luck and stay in touch. :o

huck369 03-27-2010 03:29 PM

Randy, I have a second parts SVX now...if I have any parts you need, you're welcome to them.

I'd offer you the YELLOW SVX to take, but it is needing both rear wheel bearings replaced, and one front one....and with me hobbling around on crutches, I don't expect it to get done anytime soon....I could maybe get FrankenWedge ready for the trip if you wanted to try it, just need to swap another set of wheels and tires onto it (and see if it'll start:rolleyes:...hasn't been started for about 6 months:eek:)

Green1995SVX 03-27-2010 06:35 PM

I'm not going this year either, but Reading is STILL my favorite holiday.

LarryIII 03-28-2010 05:59 PM

Randy,

Sorry to hear that your not coming. If you can get to Reading you can drive SUBYDOO around, e-mail me.

1986nate 03-30-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 639944)
I might be able to swing down that way. Will have to see how the laguna is running after I fix her up today.:)

I would be able to get you to Reading but the laguna will be completely packed with parts for the return trip...