The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cobb Tuning response (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14330)

bthomas 11-11-2003 05:41 AM

Cobb Tuning response

hey guys,
I know something like this has been posted before. I wrote Cobb tuning a letter about SVX parts and such and this is there response. I am not sure how to reply to it. Please offer any suggestions. Thanks:

Bryan,

What performance parts are you and the members of the SVX network interested
in? Please also respond with a price range you would be willing to pay for
such product.

We agree, it is a fantastic vehicle but it has been difficult for us to find
a market for the products. Please understand that we do not simply make
products to fit the vehicle but actually go through an extensive R&D process
for everything we make. This means we have quite a bit of time and money
invested in each product that has to be recouped to stay in business.

Thanks,
Trey
COBB Tuning

Landshark 11-11-2003 06:48 AM

sounds like a nice way of saying, "unless you light your cigars with $100 bills, we can't really help you."

bthomas 11-11-2003 09:09 AM

isnt that how we all light are cigars? I know thats how i do

Landshark 11-11-2003 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bthomas
hah! you're ghetto! i light mine off of burning Bentleys. :D

Gargoyle 11-11-2003 10:24 AM

And here i thought we all rolled our cigars IN $100 bills ..
:eek: Oh Oooppps those where the blunts huh :eek:

Green1995SVX 11-11-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

I was also under the impression that that's how it was to be done... :confused:

Landshark 11-11-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
i guess a college student with 3 cars would burn hundred dollar bills......:D

mikecg 11-11-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

I dont smoke..... Is it ok If I just use them for toilet paper?

Andy 11-11-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

only when rolled between virgins thighs

Chicane 11-11-2003 01:04 PM

I didn't get that at all from the response. Basically, what do we need? We've all pretty much decided the intake tube will gain us little hp, if any. So... what do we want from them? I think headers would do nicely. Some equal length stainless ones. The ones that are on there aren't horrible, but some full length headers would DEFINATELY help out.

- Rob

drivemusicnow 11-11-2003 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I didn't get that at all from the response. Basically, what do we need? We've all pretty much decided the intake tube will gain us little hp, if any. So... what do we want from them? I think headers would do nicely. Some equal length stainless ones. The ones that are on there aren't horrible, but some full length headers would DEFINATELY help out.

- Rob

I think that what would be extremely nice, and probably not that much in R&D costs, would be lightened piston heads, lightened valve assembly.... maybe some other engine internals that might already be researched for other cars. I think if we could do a little internal engine work maybe we could raise the redline of the car. Oh, by the way, what would raising the compression ratio do? if you were to not use forced induction, but put lighter heads that increased the compression ration, would that give you more power... i've been thinking about this, and i can't figure out exactly what would happen.. i know 10:1 is a high compression ration, but most "built" crate engines are around 12:1-13:1... just not sure what exactly it would do

Phast SVX 11-11-2003 01:49 PM

listen they cant make parts for us at a decent price, they would have to sell high volume, and as we all no there is no market for that. We need to think of a get rich quick scheem for the network, then go from there....so lets hear some suggestions

now excuse me, my can of corn is almost warm, time to eat!
phil

Andy 11-11-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
listen they cant make parts for us at a decent price, they would have to sell high volume, and as we all no there is no market for that. We need to think of a get rich quick scheem for the network, then go from there....so lets hear some suggestions

now excuse me, my can of corn is almost warm, time to eat!
phil

Maybe we could sell Kelli for a few bills. I am sure she would do it for the good of the network. <ducks quickly and dons hard hat>

mikecg 11-11-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Maybe we could sell Kelli for a few bills. I am sure she would do it for the good of the network. <ducks quickly and dons hard hat>

Glad we're not on the same chunk of rock. The repercusions from that one are going to make a new sea. (a new red sea, red with blood)

Landshark 11-11-2003 02:04 PM

headers- do a search. i believe there isn't much gain to be had because the SVX exhaust manifold is pretty well designed from what i remember seeing on here somewhere.

what would i want Cobb to build - STROKER KIT!!!!!

although they won't and i couldn't afford it if they did.