The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading X t-shirts... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44428)

~*~JenSVX~*~ 04-22-2008 02:30 PM

Reading X t-shirts...

I think it'd be a good idea to get t-shirts for the next Reading... How about everyone else? I know someone here has to have done this before for something that would be able to give us an idea of what to do. We could do some sort of design contest or something...

And if the t-shirt idea doesn't fly we can get ponchos!!!

crazyhorse 04-22-2008 04:59 PM

Ponchos are good!

White T-shirts, only if it rains :lol:

SVXRide 04-22-2008 06:12 PM

Clear ponchos and white t-shirts get my vote;):D

Are you thinking of something along the lines of the "X-men" movie logo or an emphasis on the X in SVX?:cool:

-Bill

SVX-FF 04-22-2008 06:17 PM

That would be awsome idea Jen.

Slogan something like

READING X
A DECADE OF FUN

White t-shirts for the ladies, in case of rain:D and gray for the men.

Steve

~*~JenSVX~*~ 04-22-2008 08:10 PM

Yes T-shirts!! umm White is fine... We could do anything really... I was thinking having forum users submit their ideas an then vote on them...
We could do like top 10 quotes to random designs to i dk... I came up with the idea, someone else come up with the designs! lol
We have enough time now that we can come up with the designs for s few weeks and then vote...

ensteele 04-22-2008 09:05 PM

Great idea. I like it. :)

Ron Mummert 04-22-2008 09:42 PM

Ponchos men.

Wet T-shirts women.

Ron.

JaySVX 04-23-2008 03:09 AM

You know Ron, I knew I liked you for a reason...

Great idea on the shirts, I see folks with their hill climb shirts and other misc shirts, and I'm a bit jealous. I want a shirt too!

subeman90 04-23-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 543630)
You know Ron, I knew I liked you for a reason...

Great idea on the shirts, I see folks with their hill climb shirts and other misc shirts, and I'm a bit jealous. I want a shirt too!

you could buy a hillclimb shirt and then you would be supporting an SVX team you know... (hint hint) :lol:

Tim 04-23-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

+1

I Kept seeing everyone with the Benehoc racing shirts and Marisa with her black SVX polo. I want!

Hocrest 04-23-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

I see folks with their hill climb shirts ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 543645)
I Kept seeing everyone with the Benehoc racing shirts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 543639)
you could buy a hillclimb shirt and then you would be supporting an SVX team you know... (hint hint) :lol:

I do still have some shirts left. Send me a PM with your size and I'll let you know if I have one.

green_eyed_lady 04-23-2008 06:33 AM

Logo First!

I had already discussed with a few people the idea of a special "logo" for the 10th, but we haven't made any progress yet. So first things first --

We need a logo for Reading X!!!

I agree that some sort of design "contest" could be held, with the mods narrowing it down to 5 or so, and then the winner decided by a vote by the rest of the membership.

What about it, mods & admins?

Photo-choppers, get ready!

Tim 04-23-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenSVX (Post 543455)
I think it'd be a good idea to get t-shirts for the next Reading... How about everyone else? I know someone here has to have done this before for something that would be able to give us an idea of what to do. We could do some sort of design contest or something...

And if the t-shirt idea doesn't fly we can get ponchos!!!

Why not kill two birds with one stone? We can put this on a t-shirt.

http://www.timeng.net/photos/Reading/ReadingX.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

svxistentialist 04-23-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady (Post 543659)
I had already discussed with a few people the idea of a special "logo" for the 10th, but we haven't made any progress yet. So first things first --

We need a logo for Reading X!!!

I agree that some sort of design "contest" could be held, with the mods narrowing it down to 5 or so, and then the winner decided by a vote by the rest of the membership.

What about it, mods & admins?

Photo-choppers, get ready!

Mods and Admins will give full support on this! ;)

I have a suggestion about the Tshirts and it's this; why not get a big batch of Tshirts made with the SVX Network logo, or an SVX slogan of choice, or possibly even a picture of the SVX [chosen by poll] on the front?

These could be sold as standard merchandise over time.

Then, for Reading X, do up a special Reading X picture as discussed above, and have that heat affixed to the backs of a percentage of the Tshirts.

That way we could use the same basic SVX design Tshirt [or 2 or 3 designs] for everyday merchandising, but add a special back picture for Reading X, the Dragon Run, whatever else we fancy.

Would that work?

Joe :)

Mike621 04-23-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 543665)
Why not kill two birds with one stone? We can put this on a t-shirt.

http://www.timeng.net/photos/Reading/ReadingX.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I would definitely buy a shirt with exactly that on it. However, I dont know if I would make it THE official Reading X Shirt.

We need a good design that would appeal to us all, and mark the significance of the event. Hmm...