The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Friday the 13th! Bad luck (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35616)

SVXyGirl 10-13-2006 12:25 PM

Friday the 13th! Bad luck

My tranny crapped out on a major highway today. :mad: I managed to get it towed to my grandparents farm. So it will probably sit there for the winter...or at least until I find another tranny. So I'm looking for a tranny to do the 5spd swap or another automatic. I'm kinda not ready to do the swap yet. I was hoping the car would wait till next year.

Oh well..

This REALLY has NOT been a good week for me. :mad: Things are just going to hell...

Rotorflyr 10-13-2006 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well and I hope they get better.

I'd suggest if your serious about doing the 5/6spd swap that you not bother with replacing the auto trans in it (unless you get one super cheap or have money to burn!)
If you can afford to let the car sit for the winter, do it and swap the tranny in the spring.

Ralph Gibbs 10-13-2006 12:41 PM

Svx Tran.

Sorry to here the bad news, have you considered repairing the Tran?
It might be worth while to get a repair estimate.

Good Luck ....Ralph

Sov13t 10-13-2006 01:41 PM

:( poop!

I wish you all the best.... and def my suggestion would be go for the 5/6spd mt

huck369 10-13-2006 01:58 PM

I hate to hear that...

Ther is a wrecked Legacy here I can get for $300, with a good 4.11 Auto tranny and rear diff in it....which could be swaped into the SVX....

andrew.anderson 10-13-2006 01:59 PM

Look at this as an opportunity to move your time table forward and go for the AT to MT swap! :)

SVXyGirl 10-13-2006 05:41 PM

I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen, but most likely I will just do the 5spd swap. I already miss the SVX. I had to drive my dad's tracker to work. That thing takes forever to get up to speed.:rolleyes: For now, I'll either be driving a Volvo station wagon or the Fiero. But it's going to suck if we get snow.

Fiero + snow= nothing good

Murphy's Law...

I already have two big projects going on with cars..now another one. Who knows..maybe by next year I'll be driving the 300ZX when it's ready:D

gtdanielgt 10-13-2006 06:19 PM

Becca,

Drew in Minnesota is parting out his car, maybe he can ship you the tranny...

Sorry to hear about the loss :(

Hope all else is well..

-Daniel

sharky512345 10-13-2006 08:17 PM

hey, my friday the 13th sucks too!! first i got a speeding ticket for 68 in a 55 by a forest service federal cop for $325 and then WAPCE issues... :o :mad:

SVXyGirl 10-13-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
hey, my friday the 13th sucks too!! first i got a speeding ticket for 68 in a 55 by a forest service federal cop for $325 and then WAPCE issues... :o :mad:

Not a good day for SVXers. GOT2HAVESVX got hit in a parking lot too. Anyone else wanna share their bad luck from today? :p

I'm already planning a 5spd swap. I may try and do it as a winter project since the Cadillac is on hold and the 300ZX is getting the engine put in the next couple of weeks. Slowly but surely I'm getting the pieces together. I'm going to clean up the garage so I can park the SVX next to the Cadillac. Thank goodness for a garage that can store up to 3 huge tractors! :rolleyes:

So I have to take care of all of my insurance stuff (because I'm not paying insurance on a car that's obviously not going anywhere anytime soon) before I leave for Arizona next week. Hopefully I'll be able to relax in about a week and a half in Bermuda :D :D

GOT2HAVESVX 10-13-2006 08:50 PM

Sorry about your tranny. Wish I had one for you! GOOD LUCK with your swap!

sharky512345 10-13-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl
Not a good day for SVXers. GOT2HAVESVX got hit in a parking lot too. Anyone else wanna share their bad luck from today? :p

I'm already planning a 5spd swap. I may try and do it as a winter project since the Cadillac is on hold and the 300ZX is getting the engine put in the next couple of weeks. Slowly but surely I'm getting the pieces together. I'm going to clean up the garage so I can park the SVX next to the Cadillac. Thank goodness for a garage that can store up to 3 huge tractors! :rolleyes:

So I have to take care of all of my insurance stuff (because I'm not paying insurance on a car that's obviously not going anywhere anytime soon) before I leave for Arizona next week. Hopefully I'll be able to relax in about a week and a half in Bermuda :D :D

well that isn't quite as bad since you were already planning a 5mt swap. it's kind of like motivation to get it done sooner :p

SVXyGirl 10-13-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
well that isn't quite as bad since you were already planning a 5mt swap. it's kind of like motivation to get it done sooner :p

That is true. But I was kinda hoping it would be a little warmer out. :)

SubaRyu 10-14-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl
My tranny crapped out on a major highway today. :mad: I managed to get it towed to my grandparents farm. So it will probably sit there for the winter...or at least until I find another tranny. So I'm looking for a tranny to do the 5spd swap or another automatic. I'm kinda not ready to do the swap yet. I was hoping the car would wait till next year.

Oh well..

This REALLY has NOT been a good week for me. :mad: Things are just going to hell...

Sorry to hear that..good luck swapping the tranny!

Suby Fan 10-14-2006 08:41 PM

that sucks good luck on the tranny or maybe you would be intrested in selling the car?