The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to unscrew the front seats for cleaning? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6159)

svx92 09-27-2002 09:57 PM

How to unscrew the front seats for cleaning?

Hi there,

Could anyone please show me how to remove the front seats to clean up the car?

Thank you very much.

Tony.

svx6595 09-27-2002 10:08 PM

It's pretty simple:

All you have to do is pop of the plasic clips by the feet of the seat. I use an impact gun to speed things up. With the power seat unbolt the seat and then tilt it. Unplug the seat and pull it out of the car.

Larry

svx92 09-27-2002 10:46 PM

Thank you very much, Larry. I'll do it this weekend. :)

Tony

DavieGravy 09-28-2002 12:37 AM

I didn't realize it was that easy. I was thinking about replacing my seats. Now I'm even more inclined to do so if I can find them. The cracked leather drives me nuts.

Seraph 09-28-2002 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
I didn't realize it was that easy. I was thinking about replacing my seats. Now I'm even more inclined to do so if I can find them. The cracked leather drives me nuts.
I have heard that Camary seats fits in the SVX. They are softer and are more comfy. I might try that.

Lwin

DavieGravy 09-28-2002 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

I have heard that Camary seats fits in the SVX. They are softer and are more comfy. I might try that.

Lwin

Do you know of any custom modifications that might be involved with putting the camry seats in? If it's a relatively easy process, I wouldn't mind saving the money and the time required to find them.

immortal_suby 09-28-2002 01:10 PM

We finally had a sunny day today so I decided to do a deep clean on the svx and took both front seats out to clean the carpet and get the spare change out of the fore/aft adjustment rails.
What I found under the passenger seat was disgusting.
About one year ago, we took the cat with us for a trip from SC to NY. Somewhere in W.Va Kim thought the cat might stop howling if it was out of it's cage and she set it on her lap for a while.
Well, 90mph and a cat looking out the window do not mix and the little SOB put her last meal on rewind. (the cat's name is actually SOB. pronounced so-bee)
Kim swore she got every chunk of it cleaned up.

But - styaing on topic here, the seats are only 5- 14mm bolts each to remove them and it is very easy.

Seraph 09-28-2002 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy

Do you know of any custom modifications that might be involved with putting the camry seats in? If it's a relatively easy process, I wouldn't mind saving the money and the time required to find them.

That I dont know. I think someone here or on Yahoo board did the switch and he said it was really nice.

$VX 09-29-2002 02:03 PM

I have some black leather seats from a 97 BMW 328i if anyone is interested.

- Ca$h