The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   svx remote (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41274)

redlightningsvx 10-14-2007 12:10 AM

svx remote

i've searched this topic but couldn't find an answer. so can my 94 ls work with the remote to unlock my doors? i was wondering because i was under the impression that you had to have the securety system for it to work right.

etz bseder 10-14-2007 07:56 AM

You do have to have the security system, but there are all sorts of aftermarket security systems that are easy to install that allow remote keyless entry. Because you have power doors, it is easy to set up.

redlightningsvx 10-14-2007 09:52 AM

i knew this but i wanted to keep it oem well i guess not:(

ensteele 10-14-2007 01:02 PM

First, does your SVX have the security system? You can tell if you have a switch (push button) on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Next, if you do and you don't have a remote, you can buy them from a dealership if you want to keep it stock. If you don't care, you can buy a different one on ebay which is a good one and it is cheaper. :)

CorSVXette 10-14-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 500388)
First, does your SVX have the security system? You can tell if you have a switch (push button) on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Next, if you do and you don't have a remote, you can buy them from a dealership if you want to keep it stock. If you don't care, you can buy a different one on ebay which is a good one and it is cheaper. :)

Where is this button located?

94SubieSVX 10-14-2007 02:14 PM

[quote=ensteele]First, does your SVX have the security system? You can tell if you have a switch (push button) on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Next, if you do and you don't have a remote, you can buy them from a dealership if you want to keep it stock. If you don't care, you can buy a different one on ebay which is a good one and it is cheaper. :) </quote>

CorSVXette 10-14-2007 02:24 PM

[QUOTE=94SubieSVX;500413]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

Next, if you do and you don't have a remote, you can buy them from a dealership if you want to keep it stock. If you don't care, you can buy a different one on ebay which is a good one and it is cheaper. :) </quote>

OK Ok. You don't have to yell:D. I still don't know "Where" on the "Steering Wheel" you are talking about. On the "wheel" itself? on the "column"? on one the "levers" such as the "light lever" ?????
I think the only "push button" I see is the one that brightens the clock light.

Evil One 10-14-2007 02:32 PM

On the dash, below the instrument cluster, with the cruise control and fog lamp buttons.

Jim

CorSVXette 10-14-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOMOGO (Post 500416)
On the dash, below the instrument cluster, with the cruise control and fog lamp buttons.

Jim

Thank you. That makes more sense than "the steering wheel":D

ensteele 10-14-2007 03:02 PM

Sorry for the confusion. To the left of the steering wheel. :o It should be next to the cruse control and the closest one to the steering column. :)

redlightningsvx 10-14-2007 06:51 PM

it doesn't have the securety the question was can i program the svx remote to the car without the security in it. but im probly just gonna get aftermarket

Hocrest 10-14-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 500516)
it doesn't have the securety the question was can i program the svx remote to the car without the security in it. but im probly just gonna get aftermarket

No, if it doesn't have the security system, it doesn't have keyless locks. The question is??? Do the non security cars have the wiring for the security system? Would it be plug and play???

Anybody with a non-security car wanna rip into their dash/trunk??? I have a security module and button.

SVXdc 10-18-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 500524)
Do the non security cars have the wiring for the security system? Would it be plug and play???

Yes, USDM cars that did not include the factory security/keyless entry system do include the wiring harness ready to plug the module into. The only other work necessary is replacing the blank switch cap with the one that says "Security."

USDM cars already have the power door lock motors, so all the security module does is pulse the door lock timer module (same function as the lock/unlock button next to the gear shift lever on 1993 and up MYs).

To others who find this thread — even if you have the Security button, it's always possible that the security module has died (common problem) or was removed.

Turbone 10-18-2007 02:33 PM

Where is the security module located? Close to the switch? My 92 Ebony has a aftermarket alarm (that doesnt work) and they disabled the factory one. I would rather have the factory one to work right now.

Hocrest 10-18-2007 02:38 PM

On cars without a passenger airbag, it is located in the space where the passenger airbag would go. To get to it, you need to remove about 30 assorted screws and bolts to remove the glove box door and the glove box box. Then look up in the opening and to the right side is a black box mounted to the heavy steel bar with 2x10mm headed bolts.

On cars with a passenger airbag, the module is located under the rear parcel shelf, between the speakers. You can get to it relatively easy from the trunk.