The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   She's fifteen years old! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34177)

rogueBeaste 07-13-2006 08:42 AM

She's fifteen years old!

:) My pearl white 92 was built in June 1991, according to the tag on the door jamb. It has 144,500 on the clock and is running strong; but, of course, I've had numerous expenses with it, not least of which was the factory remanufactured transmission. The paint still looks new (McGuire's three-step method) and everything actually works!

The only problem I have, is to push up a little when opening the sunroof. I also have to buckle up manually because my seat belt ECU died a few months ago. I really don't mind though. I haven't even tried to find one after reading comments on this board. (Probably only available in a felt-lined jewel box from Sotheby's or whatever!)

But it's a joy to drive. My wife took it away from me for a year and a half, but I've managed to get it back from her. (She didn't like paying for things that it always needs - said it was like having a car payment.) It has custom wheels with Toyo tires, upgraded sound system, custom floor mats (OEM) that are embroidered "SVX" on them, and an OEM car cover.

The guys at the Subaru dealer refer to it as "the car he'll always have." It hasn't wanted for anything, actually, and neither do I, at least in terms of cars. I have driven some late model cars and, although they're nice, I don't see how they're much better, really, than what I have.

Cheers, and thanks, staff (SMTP server) for the birthday greetings!

bill

SVXMAN2001 07-13-2006 08:57 AM

Congrats Bill! I am arlington, i do a lot of work out in reston, maybe we could have a mini meet sometime!

Chris

Chiketkd 07-13-2006 09:40 AM

Congrats in adavance on her sweet 16 next year Bill! :)

Mike621 07-13-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueBeaste
:) My pearl white 92 was built in June 1991, according to the tag on the door jamb. It has 144,500 on the clock and is running strong; but, of course, I've had numerous expenses with it, not least of which was the factory remanufactured transmission. The paint still looks new (McGuire's three-step method) and everything actually works!

The only problem I have, is to push up a little when opening the sunroof. I also have to buckle up manually because my seat belt ECU died a few months ago. I really don't mind though. I haven't even tried to find one after reading comments on this board. (Probably only available in a felt-lined jewel box from Sotheby's or whatever!)

But it's a joy to drive. My wife took it away from me for a year and a half, but I've managed to get it back from her. (She didn't like paying for things that it always needs - said it was like having a car payment.) It has custom wheels with Toyo tires, upgraded sound system, custom floor mats (OEM) that are embroidered "SVX" on them, and an OEM car cover.

The guys at the Subaru dealer refer to it as "the car he'll always have." It hasn't wanted for anything, actually, and neither do I, at least in terms of cars. I have driven some late model cars and, although they're nice, I don't see how they're much better, really, than what I have.

Cheers, and thanks, staff (SMTP server) for the birthday greetings!

bill

Bill, congrats on the b-day! I have a couple of those seatbelt ecus if you want to replace it. PM or email effectiveauto@gmail.com .

Earthworm 07-13-2006 12:20 PM

Happy birthday to you and your car! :)

So we are going to see you at the big meet next year correct? :D

Sid E. Ryner 07-13-2006 12:32 PM

Congrats!!
Are you going to buy a '97 SVX for the "Sweet 16"?
:D :D
sid

SSSVX 07-13-2006 02:37 PM

Congrat and post some of her pretty pics.... :D

rogueBeaste 07-14-2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX
Congrat and post some of her pretty pics.... :D

Will do. I have them scattered around a few computers. Should I put them in the locker, or post in this thread?

SSSVX 07-14-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueBeaste
Will do. I have them scattered around a few computers. Should I put them in the locker, or post in this thread?

If you put them in your locker, maybe not many people will go and see your pics. :D In order to post your pics in this thread, you have to have your pics hosting at somewhere such as putting in your locker...

ensteele 07-14-2006 06:35 PM

Happy Birthday to both of you. :)

rogueBeaste 07-20-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001
Congrats Bill! I am arlington, i do a lot of work out in reston, maybe we could have a mini meet sometime!

Chris

I PM'd you on this. Gave you my phone number. Look in your private messages. Thanks, :)

rogueBeaste 07-20-2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid E. Ryner
Congrats!!
Are you going to buy a '97 SVX for the "Sweet 16"?
:D :D
sid

If I were to do so, I'd probably have to transfer lots of parts (new) from my car to the "new" one. Think I'll just try to keep it together. My only worry is that somebody t-bones me, and then I'm SOL for all the money I've got in it. Probably should get some kind of insurance rider that'll pay a 'sum certain' if it gets whacked. :confused: I guess this is what happens if you don't follow the crowd, and "trade up."

Thanks, Sid