The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If anyone needs ... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3311)

BLKSVX92 03-25-2002 01:56 PM

If anyone needs ...

Hey all, just letting anyone one..that I have a subaru master tech, Charlie, at home willing to work on pretty much anything if need be...in fact as you read this there are most likely at least 2 svx's at his house being worked on ;) So if you are in the area can prob get a hold of me..or i can get his number out there

Oh and Charlie work for a good price...cheaper then you will find anywhere i can almost be 100% sure of that

DOUG: let me know when you get the exhaust and when you want me to get your car so Charlie can get it on for you...he said no probs and in fact wants to do more :D

Seraph 03-25-2002 02:42 PM

uh... let me know where this guy is. I need some help with my svx.

Lwin

BLKSVX92 03-25-2002 02:46 PM

No prob...what probs/issues...im going to see him when im home...so i can see what good days/times...his thoughts etc are

Aredubjay 03-25-2002 03:47 PM

It would be worth the five hour drive, for me, plus a motel stay, if necessary, to have someone who knows what an SVX is, to work on it. I may be getting in touch when it comes time for my 190K service. :D

wawazat?? 03-25-2002 05:05 PM

I've heard of Janitor-in-a-Drum but Subaru-Master-Tech-in-my-Garage beats the hell outta that!!!

Seraph 03-25-2002 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
No prob...what probs/issues...im going to see him when im home...so i can see what good days/times...his thoughts etc are
I want to deal with the smoke issue. I know for a fact now that it is leaking powersteering and engine oil. Powersteering, I can fix (i think). Engine, I know it's not leaking into the cylinders (just did an spark plug change) but it's still leaking a bit non the less. I can smell it and I can see a small puddle of oil while we did an spark plug change. I think those are the big worries I have.

Lwin

BLKSVX92 03-25-2002 06:29 PM

Actually he does the work out of his garage (well actually barn), has complete tools, lift now too...everything one would need ;)

Dgf 03-30-2002 10:12 AM

Would he be interested in troubleshooting my electrical system?(finding the short)
I guess I would have to trailer the car there. (I'm in south Chi. burbs)
How can I set up an appt.?

Bwana 03-30-2002 12:00 PM

Lwin, i had those same problems. I had the PS hose replaced, and also a head gasket replaced for around $430, at a local shop.
Both fluids stopped leaking.

BLKSVX92 03-30-2002 02:34 PM

ill get in touch with Charlie ASAP and let everyone know whats up

montypython 03-30-2002 02:52 PM

Re: If anyone needs ...

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
Hey all, just letting anyone one..that I have a subaru master tech, Charlie, at home willing to work on pretty much anything if need be...in fact as you read this there are most likely at least 2 svx's at his house being worked on ;) So if you are in the area can prob get a hold of me..or i can get his number out there

Oh and Charlie work for a good price...cheaper then you will find anywhere i can almost be 100% sure of that

Mike, thats great to know since your only 45 mins away.
My biggest problem right now is with my XT6. Remember that minus 8F morning we had a few weeks ago? Well it wouldn't start and is still dead. But since I've been travelling continuously since then I've had no time to investigate. It turns over but no trace of firing. I'm thinking it could be the timing belt :(

Bwana 03-30-2002 02:59 PM

Hey Mike, you said in a different thread that you were getting rid of your 17"s for 18"s? If you are not keeping the 17"s i may be interested. I think it's a better idea to get them from someone who's used them and knows they dont rub or anything of that sort. No rush to replace them, seeing as I'd have to save up some cash first anyway.

BLKSVX92 03-30-2002 03:03 PM

Ya im planning on getting 18s in a couple months when the semester is over. i have pics in my locker. they are MODA made by BBS F04 they have Pirelli Supersport P7000 225/45/17 on them. Have had no problems what-so-ever. Ill def let ya know whats up.

Bwana 03-30-2002 04:54 PM

Alright, sweet. Yea i saw the pics, and those wheels are pretty damn nice. My brother likes them too (he's part-driver of the car too) So, just need to convince the parents, and im set. Definately let me know when/if you're getting your new ones.