The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I dont know if anyone cares..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2987)

casper150 03-04-2002 06:06 PM

I dont know if anyone cares.....

..but.. i just got the awd fixed on the svx in time for some snow....and it was GREAT! i got to wonder what people in those suv's are thinking when im passing then in the snow!! so , anyways..whats the first thing someone does when they fix there awd? see how far u can go in the snow! so i took some pictures if anyone is interested!! look in my locker.(thats in my front yard btw)!!..i would have wated till we had more snow...but this is it for the big snow around here i think. till next year. oh and by the way, this site is the best svx site around!

Green1995SVX 03-04-2002 06:12 PM

Of course we care. Congratulations, and great pics!

-Mike

casper150 03-04-2002 06:15 PM

figured it was time i put a pic up

Ron Mummert 03-04-2002 08:07 PM

Would that be a '46 -'48 Pontiac in the toy box?
Just curious - Ron.

Aredubjay 03-04-2002 08:53 PM

Re: I dont know if anyone cares.....

Quote:

Originally posted by casper150
..but.. i just got the awd fixed on the svx in time for some snow....and it was GREAT! i got to wonder what people in those suv's are thinking when im passing then in the snow!! so , anyways..whats the first thing someone does when they fix there awd? see how far u can go in the snow! so i took some pictures if anyone is interested!! look in my locker.(thats in my front yard btw)!!..i would have wated till we had more snow...but this is it for the big snow around here i think. till next year. oh and by the way, this site is the best svx site around!
You betcha, we care. I'm envious. Havn't had a good snow since I got my AWD fixed a year or so ago. Of course, I'm expecting the mother lode while my car is in the shop with its current tranny ills. :( Congrats on your fun!

SSSVX 03-04-2002 09:23 PM

Re: I dont know if anyone cares.....

Quote:

Originally posted by casper150
nice pictures. you've a 97 front grille huh. :)

remember we talked on the yahoo messeger once. you're thinking of either fixing or selling the SVX or getting a WRX? good to know that you've fixed it. your SVX looks good. lucky you didn't sell it. :D

i have my awd system fixed in a month too. i haven't really had a change to try on the big snow. :( i want big, big snow and take it to the mountains. i drove to the mountains w/ my half-working awd. almost got stuck at some hills but couldn't get up on certain hills. maybe i'll have my pictues posted at the time when the next big snow....went to the same hills...:cool:

casper150 03-05-2002 06:22 PM

thats a 1948 pontiac, and sorry to say, but come summer, it gets most of the pleasure driving miles! but its such a difference! i challenge any of you to take the heads off you svx in the time it takes me to get mine off the pontiac! too bad subaru couldnt make a flathead straight 8 with some real horse power for the svx! trust me,,we would all be a little happier!..oh and my grill isnt original?? i dont know!

casper150 03-05-2002 06:36 PM

OK, now im kinda wondering what else someone did to my car, i never noticed the grill till now! i can tell there was touchup done to a fender..slightly off color..but nothing else major..what other changes did they make in 97? i wonder if different owners did anything else!

svx_commuter 03-06-2002 05:22 AM

I am glad you got the AWD fixed. I wish I had that snow here as it is fun!