The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Slayers racing story (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20277)

HighwayUFO 07-28-2004 02:49 PM

The Slayers racing story

A buddy of mine works graveyard shifts in a warehouse all by his lonesome. So one night he got this feeling and called me up for a race. I head over to the warehouse and we line em up. We counted down and left at the same time. This race was way to close for me so I opened the propane valve a little more and boy did that forklift come alive. 5 MPH of fury I tell ya.

Just kidding:D:D:D

Keith

Chiketkd 07-28-2004 02:55 PM

Ha ha ha!!! Racing the forklifts in the ol' warehouse... :D :D :D

You're too funneh! :p

-Chike

lee 07-28-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Ha ha ha!!! Racing the forklifts in the ol' warehouse... :D :D :D

You're too funneh! :p

-Chike

As a guy who worked in a warehouse setting many long years ago, let me assure you this is not funny - but a deadly serious sport. We had class racing and was working on a trophy system until some fool (not me this time) turned a tug on it's side practicing power slides.

Chiketkd 07-28-2004 03:05 PM

Powerslides in a fork lift! :eek:

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by lee
We had class racing and was working on a trophy system until some fool (not me this time) turned a tug on it's side practicing power slides.

n00b on demand 07-28-2004 03:17 PM

I sure hope warehouse racing posts are allowed for your sake. :D

Landshark 07-28-2004 03:41 PM

warehouse racing? i guess that's allowed on here. :D

y0, i was mowin' my gra$$, with da bass thumpin' from my 12's, just chillin', and buster-a55 neighbor pulls up with his new Honda mower. starts revvin' on me - WTF? so i sez "you wanna go, beotch??!?! i readied the big Craftman with the 7-point-0 and away we go! neighbor starts pullin' on me, but the jokes on him - my self-propelled bar wasn't even pulled all the way up! i crank it up to max speed and left him behind me, in a cloud of grass clippings! then he did the ricer mow-by. punk.

Royal Tiger 07-28-2004 04:15 PM

That's showing him Alan!!! Next time show him some do-mestic muscle. Crack out the John Deere!!!!

ensteele 07-28-2004 04:20 PM

:D :D :D

What do they say? "There's nothing like a Deere?" :) :confused:

Hocrest 07-28-2004 05:04 PM

Re: The Slayers racing story

Quote:

Originally posted by civic_slayer
...so I opened the propane valve a little more and boy did that forklift come alive. 5 MPH of fury I tell ya.

Maybe you and your buddy should watch this German Forklift Safety Video...
http://www.potgut.com/videos/forkliftsafety.wmv

:D:D:D:D

upnygimp 07-28-2004 05:28 PM

Poor Klaus had a bad day, didnt he.

Royal Tiger 07-28-2004 05:32 PM

Oh my god!!! I laughed so hard I couldn't breath!!!!!!! Definatly helps if you have a morbid cop humor like me!!! It was also a plus to hear it in German. I wish I was more fluent. The best video post IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!! A++++++++++++

Dan

Subafreak 07-28-2004 06:42 PM

A. I worked for Ames a long time ago, and one of the jobs they had use do was to use a fork lift to lift the old counters as high off the ground as we could and then drop to the ground to break them up. (I loved this job:D ) The cool par was the fork lift they gave us had no brakes and we were doing this in a dumpster slope. talk about dangerous.:eek:

B. When I was like 12, me and my freind would help mow each others lawn, but I rigged up my Snapper to blow away his Deer. Plus the Snapper could do wheelies.:cool:

C. Dialup suck but I think I heard of that saftey video.

Whoru465 07-28-2004 09:23 PM

Wow, and I thought the Brits were odd :p

SubaSteevo 07-28-2004 10:38 PM

At Wal-Mart we have occasionally had cart races....

electric cart races :D

Beldin 07-28-2004 11:16 PM

I work graveyards in a nursing home and we have wheelchair races at night.