The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   sacramento/SF area mini-meet? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145)

tober76b 03-20-2001 11:39 PM

to follow suit with the other areas,
we should have a mini-meet ourselves.
is there anyone out there in the immediate area?
toby

zsvx 03-24-2001 05:48 PM

Yes!

It doesn't seem like there is any SVXers around here sometimes does it? I would be up for an SF area meet. Any other takers?

Red SVX 92 03-24-2001 06:52 PM

If you can somehow schedule it for the week of April 9-14, or late May, I may be able to attend. =) I live in Sacramento, but I go to school in Long Beach. I know there's at least one other SVX up in Sac, because I remember seeing a red one with a spoiler a couple times. Doubtful he's on the board though.

zsvx 03-24-2001 07:14 PM

Well April 14 is a weekend so that sounds promising.

I have seen other SVX around here (I drive by one almost daily) but I have not been able to locate them on any of the message boards I've been on.

tober76b 03-25-2001 02:26 PM

sacramento?

april 14th sounds good.
any ideas on where to meet?
i'm in chico so i'd prefer sacramento somewhere.
toby

zsvx 03-25-2001 03:05 PM

heh

We all know where we would PREFER we meet :D

I think the best thing to do is figure out where everyone is coming from then find some place in the middle.

Hopefully we can get a few more people in on this before April too (htyei, BradT?)

tober76b 03-25-2001 08:26 PM

preference

yah yah. :p

what should be on our agenda?

toby

zsvx 03-27-2001 03:10 PM

no idea

Good question. Any suggestions?

tober76b 03-27-2001 04:49 PM

1. we can compare modifications and/or perform some of the simpler ones. (eg. battery wiring upgrade, visor fix)
2. group photo shoot with a digital camera (i can most likely borrow my roommate's)
3. we should take a cruise and turn some heads.
4. go to lunch/dinner.

any other ideas?
toby

Red SVX 92 03-27-2001 08:26 PM

Well, I might end up not cruising with you guys, because I might turn heads the wrong way. According to the current timetable for a hood, I may be in Sacramento without a hood on my car. Oh well, I'll just go with the flow....

Hangtownsvx 03-29-2001 01:26 PM

N Ca meet

I am willing to meet somewhere. I have ideas for a meet for the Sacramento Mother Lode area. Probably in the fall, though, I am pretty full up this spring.
Ken
Placerville

SVX_2000 03-29-2001 02:05 PM

N CA mini meet

Matt,

I work in Santa Clara and there are four SVX right here at my work site. One owner of a red SVX just told me today that he was interested in a meet. So, you can count 2 more who are interested. I know one other guy who owns a black SVX who works in Sunnyvale who might be interested in coming to the meet also.

Toby,

If you can make it, it will be great. I went to Chico State and I would be interested in knowing how things are these days with the town and the school. I last visited about 5 years ago.

Cheers,
Juan

Aredubjay 03-29-2001 02:17 PM

<<I work in Santa Clara and there are four SVX right here at my work site.>>

Question is, do they know about THIS site? Bring 'em on. :)

zsvx 03-29-2001 02:32 PM

Re: N CA mini meet

Quote:

I work in Santa Clara and there are four SVX right here at my work site.
:eek: FOUR?! I think seeing that many SVX in one place would make my head explode :D I've probably seen 4 total for the 6 years I've been living here. If you don't mind me asking, where do you work at?

Quote:

Question is, do they know about THIS site? Bring 'em on.
Yes! Do bring them on, we need more Nothern California reps on this site :)

If we all decide on a time and place we might have a decent sized meet going here.

SVX_2000 03-29-2001 07:23 PM

Hi,

I sent the URL for this site to one of the SVX owners because I know him. The other two owners park on the opposite side of a very large complex. We have about 10 buildings here and with all these people is hard to meet everyone. I will try and leave a note with the URL reference to this club and suggest that they visit it. I work on at iPlanet (alliance between Sun Microsystems and AOL/Netscape). The campus can be seen from Lawrence Xpway and Lafayette. It's about 1/4 mile from Hwy 101.

Cheers,
Juan