The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64512)

Nevin 01-15-2018 07:32 PM

Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18)

Hey party people, it's been a while since I've been on here, what with major life changes and all, hahah. Quitting my full time job to start a business with my wife, having a second child, and then our busy season (fall) working 95 to 100 hours in a week doesnt leave a whole lot of extra time for just...tinkering and whatnot.

However the busy season is past, our next year stuff is ready to go, and now is the glorious off-season! Huzzah!

Anyways I have more extra time now, the access to machine works facilities to do my own work, and could use some extra cash in my pocket. So all of this to say, I think it would work to make another run of rear sway bars.

I need to do some checking again on my old suppliers to check pricing to see if things have changed much, but this is kind of a gauge to see if people are interested.

Before, I had done it group-buy style (your name goes on a list, and pay up front then wait 4-6 weeks for your part) and it worked rather well. Only one time did someone fall through the cracks, and it was a genuine mistake on my part, and once I found out I made it right with them, and I believe no bridges were burned in the process. I share that simply because I want to be honest with everyone and not try to hide anything. If there is any dirt to dish, I will gladly dish it on myself, thank you.

So, I would love to get a list of people interested in purchasing the rear sway bar kits.

Included is:
1. sway bar (painted blue, will do other colors for additional cost)
2. big beautiful beefy endlinks
3. GREASEABLE polyurethane swaybar bushings (and I give you the first pack of grease, because I'm classy like that)
4. every nut and bolt needed
5. FREE shipping in the lower 48 (will ship elsewhere for extra)
6. STICKERS!!!!

I can find some pictures too (if I can remember my photobucket password) of past kits in case you are unawares of what this product is and does so as to more easily explain it.

Cost would probably be in the $300 to $340 range. I will do everything I can to give anyone a fair price on a part that really does make driving your car more fun! I'm not a scam artist, I go to church every week, and I will never send a product out the door that doesn't fit or work on my own car! Heck, I even donated a kit to a raffle at Reading a few years back! Not trying to toot the "nevin" horn, but just saying I generally try to be a good fellow!

A few FAQ's...

EIN!!!

Q. Why don't you make a front bar?

A. For more than one reason, thank you for asking.

One, on a front-heavy, awd car (or fwd model as well) the rear is actually what needs to increase grip to make the car perform more like it "should." Increasing total grip to the rear will lessen the grip needed from the front and transfer weight and grip to the rear wheels;eliminating understeer, giving you better turn-in, more solid feel, and a more stable driving experience.

Two, the front bar is a BEAR to get out, and making a kit to fit back in would require a multi-piece bar like the stock one, and tooling to make a bar like this would drive up the costs a bit more than people may be willing to pay.

Three, the bigger bang for the buck award definitely goes to a larger rear bar in the SVX. Doing a front bar would not help UNLESS you already had a larger bar, tires stickier than spiderman, and your corner entry speeds already border on that of "Going plaid!"

TWO.

Q. Doesn't someone else make a kit like this?

A. Yes. You can buy it, and I'm not going to stop you. You have every right to do whatever you wish in a free market economy such as that which we are currently enjoying in the U.S.A. I'm not the boss of you, buy whatever you want. I have bought things from Motorsports warehouse in the past and was treated fairly and have no qualms with Dayle or his product. I have no experience with the RSB kit personally though, so I cannot comment on it specifically.

Question numero TRES!

Q. Are you planning on making any other super sweet things for my MAD RIDE YO to make it faster than all the other hombres?

A. Yes, I think I am going to replicate the 2-in to-1 cold air intake I made and have used on my car for 7 or 8 years. Letting your car breathe and sound better are always good things. I will start another thread and post pictures there. Basically each throttle body would have its own equal length 2.25" ID pipe for about 12" from the TB and as it gets closer to the MAF, it Y's into one larger 3" pipe. This way both sides of the motor get equal amounts of air, and the power goes UP!!!!! SO MUCH POWER!! THERE WON'T BE ANY POWER LEFT FOR ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE!! Seat of the pants dyno says it was 12-15 hp gain, as well as a VERY svxy sound. (see what I did there?)

SORRY this took forever (I have received PM's non-stop for the past 4 years asking if I still make the kit) and any moderator, if this was posted inappropriately, please reprimand me and move it to wherever may be appropriate.

Thank you for your time!

92 SVX 01-15-2018 09:48 PM

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18)

Hey Glad to see you again, Those bars are absolutely great, and the intake, yes that will be nice. but let me ask you do you have Facebook, if so are you in the SVX Nation, or SVX network pages? lots more traffic there these days, that being said I will make a post linking to this as this is a great opportunity for those that have yet to get the rear sway bar.

EndeavorSVX 01-15-2018 10:11 PM

Sounds like a good time. Hopefully I can gather the disposable income by the time both the bars and the intake come out.

Nevin 01-15-2018 10:28 PM

I am not on Facebook. I was once upon a time, but for personal reasons decided it was no longer worth it. Thank you for your kindness in passing along the information!

And I figured winter was a good time to share I was making stuff again.

Cabin fever is a good motivator to get you into the garage and want to tinker before spring comes around!

Cotton 01-16-2018 04:02 AM

Do you have a rough idea on what said intake would cost? I would be interested in that.

Blacky 01-16-2018 04:45 AM

I'm interested in an intake as well. Can't wait for the new thread with details, prices, photos etc.

GC 2 NV 01-16-2018 06:10 AM

Oooooo..... I'm in!!!!!

Would you be able to provide endings for those running STi coilovers??

TBrown1992 01-16-2018 06:30 AM

I'm in! Where do I send my money? Lol

Nevin 01-16-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC 2 NV (Post 747954)
Oooooo..... I'm in!!!!!

Would you be able to provide endings for those running STi coilovers??

Unless you have changed your hubs, there should be no reason to have any different parts, this Will still be a direct bolt-on affair.

And as to the intake pricing, not sure on that yet either... my guess would be in the similar $300-$325 range, depending on options. Options will most likely be whether or not additional pipe is included to put the filter in the fender for a CAI setup, and then the filter itaelf, as most people already have some sort of maf adapter pipe and are already running a cone filter of some sort. I would imagine the base version would be in the $200- $225 range??

Again, I will start another thread for that.

theflystyle 01-16-2018 07:44 AM

Bump for a great RSB, but as I already have it I would likely be interested in the intake :).

Details on the linking components in case any of us want to change upgrade would also be good to have.

GC 2 NV 01-16-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevin (Post 747956)
Unless you have changed your hubs, there should be no reason to have any different parts, this Will still be a direct bolt-on affair.

And as to the intake pricing, not sure on that yet either... my guess would be in the similar $300-$325 range, depending on options. Options will most likely be whether or not additional pipe is included to put the filter in the fender for a CAI setup, and then the filter itaelf, as most people already have some sort of maf adapter pipe and are already running a cone filter of some sort. I would imagine the base version would be in the $200- $225 range??

Again, I will start another thread for that.

Oh, is it just the front that the sway connects to the strut then?

jellybytes2 01-16-2018 08:13 AM

Cool. I was just thinking about these a couple of days ago for my Laguna. Definitely put me on the "I need" list.

Flat6svx 01-16-2018 08:42 AM

I’m in as well please let me know. Thank you

Nevin 01-16-2018 09:27 AM

Ok Well this is still an informal thread. I will wait a few more days and start an actual sign-up thread. As usual there will be money required up front to put your name on the list with an approximate 4 week turnaround.

bob_the_cook 01-16-2018 10:32 AM

Oh, I am so getting in on this one.

Sign me up!

...I've been awaiting your return for a couple years now.

[QUOTE=Nevin;747943]Hey party people, it's been a while since I've been on here...

...So, I would love to get a list of people interested in purchasing the rear sway bar kits.

Included is:
1. sway bar (painted blue, will do other colors for additional cost)
2. big beautiful beefy endlinks
3. GREASEABLE polyurethane swaybar bushings (and I give you the first pack of grease, because I'm classy like that)
4. every nut and bolt needed
5. FREE shipping in the lower 48 (will ship elsewhere for extra)
6. STICKERS!!!!

Cost would probably be in the $300 to $340 range. I will do everything I can to give anyone a fair price on a part that really does make driving your car more fun!