The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   QC shift kit (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59667)

redlightningsvx 04-16-2012 09:01 PM

QC shift kit

Got a QC shift kit for sale. Works, just removed it from the fiancee's pearl cause she likes the slow,smooth shifts. Asking $60 shipped or $50 if you get it from me at Reading and I can let you test drive mine with it and also install if needed. Here's the spec page also http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum35/585.html

SpecialFX 04-16-2012 10:01 PM

Re: QC shift kit

I read the link and left confused. I'm not trying to troll your thread, but I just don't understand how this can give the claimed results.

How does altering the shifting make a difference of 80hp as shown on the dyno graphs? If the transmission has the same gears before and after and isn't slipping, shouldn't the dyno show the same either way? The transmission doesn't change the output of the engine. And since when do you do a continuous dyno run through multiple gears? The only major difference is what it reads during shifts (from what I can tell), which is meaningless.

Again, I'm not trying to bash your for sale thread or the product. I just don't understand and am hoping someone can help me make sense of it. I might actually be interested in it, but I can't make sense of those dyno results.

RojoRocket 04-16-2012 10:16 PM

Try it, you'll like it! Mostly involved with eliminating the OEM design cutting HP during shift under throttle.

Glenn

redlightningsvx 04-16-2012 10:24 PM

From the link I posted....
The Quick Change taps into the TCU wiring and eliminates the slow shifts and loss of power between shifts that are part of the tuning associated with our SVX TCU's. It does this by eliminating the 3 cylinder fuel cut and transmission line pressure drop that is used for the very soft and luxurious shift that was desired by Subaru for the SVX. Shifts are always just the right amount of firmness though with the Quick Change, Never too harsh or too soft. The Transmission is much faster to react to throttle for downshifts also.

oab_au 04-16-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialFX (Post 702413)
I read the link and left confused. I'm not trying to troll your thread, but I just don't understand how this can give the claimed results.

How does altering the shifting make a difference of 80hp as shown on the dyno graphs? If the transmission has the same gears before and after and isn't slipping, shouldn't the dyno show the same either way? The transmission doesn't change the output of the engine. And since when do you do a continuous dyno run through multiple gears? The only major difference is what it reads during shifts (from what I can tell), which is meaningless.

Again, I'm not trying to bash your for sale thread or the product. I just don't understand and am hoping someone can help me make sense of it. I might actually be interested in it, but I can't make sense of those dyno results.

Hi I am "someone".:)
Yes those dyno charts were not understood by a lot of people. A wheel dyno measures torque at the wheel, and works out the HP, from the wheel speed.

You give the answer here,
" If the transmission has the same gears before and after and isn't slipping, shouldn't the dyno show the same either way? The transmission doesn't change the output of the engine".

See that is what happens when a torque converter is put under full load. In the SVX, the converter will lower the drive ratio by 1.9:1. So the engine now is turning faster than the wheels, and the torque has gone up.

But the dyno does not know that the ratio has changed, it is working on the premise that the engine torque has increased, at the same rpm, so the engine hp must have gone up.:rolleyes:
No so.:D

Harvey.

redlightningsvx 04-16-2012 11:32 PM

Pending sale........

SpecialFX 04-17-2012 06:56 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry if I derailed the for sale thread a little

redlightningsvx 04-17-2012 08:06 AM

No problem thats why were here. Also the part is SOLD.