The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2024 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65437)

huck369 01-19-2024 08:44 AM

2024 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

This will be the 22nd straight year I've been hosting this meet...

June 21-23 2024

The Alcyone Dragon Meet is held at Fontana Village, near to the Stretch of Highway 129 called "The Tail of the Dragon" and has 318 Curves in 11 miles!
People travel from all over the country to drive this road!
The Meet is for Owners (or previous owners) of either a Subaru XT / XT6 or a Subaru SVX, both of which were named Alcyone in Japan
For reservations call 1-800-849-2258
This is a pretty "Laid Back" meet Usually do a Group Drive, and Cookout on Saturday. It is a very Family oriented Meet
Hope to see ya there!https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...11614969570778

wdb 01-20-2024 12:00 PM

Re: 2024 Subaru Alcyone Dragon Meet

Dates would help! :eek::p

huck369 01-22-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdb (Post 754862)
Dates would help! :eek::p

That it would:rolleyes:......sorry......now added...

SvXit 01-22-2024 01:34 PM

Hey now, just wanted to get a few more details about the meet with a few questions, as I've never been to it before:

1) Is most of the action on Saturday and, if so, when do things get under way? It's a +/- 9 hour drive for me, so just wondering, for instance, if there are activities on Friday. If so, I can make the right travel arrangements;

2) Do you do the full 11 mile drive on The Tail, returning to Fontana? I've seen that driving or riding the Tail can be ... a handful ... on the weekends and is very busy.

Very interested in going so figured I'd plan early!

huck369 01-24-2024 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvXit (Post 754871)
Hey now, just wanted to get a few more details about the meet with a few questions, as I've never been to it before:

1) Is most of the action on Saturday and, if so, when do things get under way? It's a +/- 9 hour drive for me, so just wondering, for instance, if there are activities on Friday. If so, I can make the right travel arrangements;

2) Do you do the full 11 mile drive on The Tail, returning to Fontana? I've seen that driving or riding the Tail can be ... a handful ... on the weekends and is very busy.

Very interested in going so figured I'd plan early!

The majority of people arrive Friday, we usually do a drive into town Friday evening to Eat (sometimes we eat at the Restaurant at the Lodge) and hang out and Bench Race.... Saturday we start out washing cars at the Lodge's Free wash station, then we pick a location to do group pics, and go take them. After that we do a Group Drive some kind of Loop always different, but always incorporating "The Dragon" (we generally have lunch on the drive) then a couple hours of free time, if you want to hit the pool of small water park. then Sat. night we either go diner (sometimes this is a Cook out at someones cabin) and hang out . Sunday, most eat breakfast at the Lodge, and say our goodbyes, as some have a long Drive home.

So the main day is Saturday, but best to get there Friday, as once we get rolling Saturday, it will be difficult to catch up with the group during the day.

Hope this helps

SvXit 01-25-2024 01:30 AM

Thank you kindly, I'll shoot for arrival on Friday!

wdb 01-28-2024 12:21 PM

If you really want to experience the Dragon, get up around sunup and head up there. You won't get Killboy photography, and the souvenir shop won't be open yet, but the road will be mostly empty.

huck369 01-29-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdb (Post 754882)
If you really want to experience the Dragon, get up around sunup and head up there. You won't get Killboy photography, and the souvenir shop won't be open yet, but the road will be mostly empty.

And even better if it's a Weekday.....LOTS less traffic

huck369 04-26-2024 08:30 AM

The Dragon Meet is less than 2 months away, you need to reserve a room/cabin, if you haven't already!

May be the last year I host it