The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I could kick myself.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57012)

Sean486 04-09-2011 04:44 PM

I could kick myself....

Backed into someone today. The other car got it pretty bad, but mine got a bit messed up too. Bumper damage plus a dent. :(

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...6/IMG_1072.jpg

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...6/IMG_1073.jpg

kwren 04-09-2011 06:14 PM

Re: I could kick myself....

I know it is a little late, but every time I get in my car in a parking space, I say to myself audibly... Look first----back second. :)
one of those "word to the wise" things.

Sorry,

Keith:cool:

svxfiles 04-09-2011 06:18 PM

Sorry that happened Sean.
Will your insurance cover the repair on your Silver?

benebob 04-09-2011 06:26 PM

:(:(:( At least your about a mile from my favorite body shop. Please put a bandaid on your cars wounds and your pride. It makes me sad to look at it.:(:(:(

Sean486 04-09-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 673489)
Sorry that happened Sean.
Will your insurance cover the repair on your Silver?

I hope so, I will be talking to the adjuster on Monday. The bumper cover has a small split and is slightly malformed on top, so I think it may require a replacement. If they won't cover the repair I will at minimum get the bumper touched up a bit on my own dime. Of course my hope is that I can get it all repaired and have the shop address the rust spot behind the wheel while they are at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 673488)
I know it is a little late, but every time I get in my car in a parking space, I say to myself audibly... Look first----back second. :)
one of those "word to the wise" things.

Sorry,

Keith:cool:

Thanks Keith I will make that my new rule.:o

svxfiles 04-09-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 673491)
I hope so, I will be talking to the adjuster on Monday. The bumper cover has a small split and is slightly malformed on top, so I think it may require a replacement. If they won't cover the repair I will at minimum get the bumper touched up a bit on my own dime. Of course my hope is that I can get it all repaired and have the shop address the rust spot behind the wheel while they are at it.

I would rather have a scuffed bumper that needs painted than have a shop weld a cracked bumper.
If you can not find one locally I am sure that I have at least one.:o
Good luck on Monday.

Manarius 04-09-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 673490)
:(:(:( At least your about a mile from my favorite body shop. Please put a bandaid on your cars wounds and your pride. It makes me sad to look at it.:(:(:(

If your favorite body shop is Dellingers, that dent and bumper is going to cost at least $2k. Insurance will just total the car.

SilverSpear 04-10-2011 04:57 AM

Sorry to know about your accident, glad it is not any worse.
Have you thought about installing proximity backing sensors? I will install one on my Z and another on the SVX later on.
Around here it costs $60 installed (the Chinese stuff). Dunno how much it is over there..

benebob 04-10-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 673504)
If your favorite body shop is Dellingers, that dent and bumper is going to cost at least $2k. Insurance will just total the car.

Nope, its the shop beside them but Dellingers can do fabulous work. Reality is though, $2k for a licensed, insured body shop which will stand behind their work is sadly aboug what it would cost provided the bumper cover is being replaced, foam is being replaced and possibly the bumper itself is being replaced. The shop I told him about years ago for his rust damage is a fan of the marque, even had an XT Turbo there for years and will do his best to ensure that the car isn't totalled if that is what the customer wants.

subeman90 04-10-2011 07:16 AM

it happens to the best of us....:D you should see the bumper on my Baja. :mad: it has been damaged twice in the past 4 months. Once by me and once by an idiot who couldn't bother to clean snow off her car.

Sean486 04-10-2011 07:20 AM

If insurance won't cover it I will look into at least making look better. The sad truth is that the car is starting to develop a few issues that can be lived with, but are not easily fixable ...or cost too much to fix. This latest damage may fall into that category.

Anyhow I am a bit bummed out, but overall not too worried as I believe the damage is cosmetic and won't prevent me from driving it.

gbianchi 04-12-2011 10:49 AM

Sorry to see that happen, I work with a guy who (for whatever reason can kick himself in the nuts) I guess that would be useful for this situation, just joking of course. I have 2 svxs and 2 legacys in my driveway and the opening is only 16 feet, so to get the svxs out I am very very close to the legys. I look then look again then check the mirrors then again and again, my wife gets a little nervous every single time, and thats when its daytime. Im really really anal when its dark. Cheers to all, ...................G

subeman90 04-12-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbianchi (Post 673745)
I work with a guy who (for whatever reason can kick himself in the nuts)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: awesome :lol::lol:

LastSVXintheChi 04-12-2011 12:11 PM

that kind of looks like my bumper...its been like since i had my car 1.5 years...i unfortunately do not have the money to fix it either :(

sorry bud hope all goes well

Gamesy 04-12-2011 01:42 PM

i backed into my neighbour's 4runner all i got was a scuff and he got a fkd up bumper.
if you can, get that dent pulled soon b4 the metal gets used to staying like that