The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IT's Baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28099)

GreenMarine 08-27-2005 09:21 PM

IT's Baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

That's right guys, the SVX is back and almost BETTER than ever!!! Boxer4Racing did a great job with everything!!! Let me just say that the other cars in SM are very lucky that I will not be making it to the Subaru Challenge on the 17th of September.... :D:D:D Naa, I'm just talking $hit now.... :)

But the car is back, here in Raleigh and running great!!! It was like having a wet dream when I drove it yesterday for the first time in a year and two months.... Soooooo much diffrent than driving the Rabbit Diesel around :rolleyes:.... However, with that said, the Rabbit will remain my "Primary" around town car... The SVX will be my weekend "toy", used for AutoX-ing and weekend/holiday trips...

Just wanted to let everyone know!!! :):cool:

Chiketkd 08-27-2005 09:31 PM

Congrats Chris. Have any new pics of your ride back in 100% restored condition? :)

-Chike

SVXRide 08-27-2005 09:31 PM

Chris,
From the looks of their web site, Boxer4 is a WRX/STi shop. What exactly did they do with your SVX?
-Bill
p.s. welcome back to the land of running SVXi!! :D :D

GreenMarine 08-27-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Congrats Chris. Have any new pics of your ride back in 100% restored condition? :)

-Chike

Nope, not yet... .Sorry... I'm pretty sure that I will get some over Labor Day weekend though.... :)

GreenMarine 08-27-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Chris,
From the looks of their web site, Boxer4 is a WRX/STi shop. What exactly did they do with your SVX?
-Bill
p.s. welcome back to the land of running SVXi!! :D :D

Dale Teague (the owner of Boxer4Racing), swaped out my origional engine for my "new" one :):).... He also installed a few little goodies that I specified :D:D Cut me a great deal too, so in return, I am going to get my car designed to be a "Boxer4Racing bilboard".... There should be some vinyl cut soon that will say "Boxer4Racing" and that is going to be draped over the car... My number (SM #114) will be on the side, along with any other products that I am using (ie. Royal Purple, Stebro, STi, Exedy)... Also any shops and sponsors that help me out along the way will earn a place on the side of the car... It is gonna be a pretty AutoX-er :cool::D

TomsSVX 08-27-2005 11:11 PM

congrats on getting the car back... still wish you were going to the Challenge so I have someone to run with but you have other things to do. I am looking to invest in a one peice driveshaft soon so maybe u want my old custom?? Let me know

Tom

GreenMarine 08-27-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
congrats on getting the car back... still wish you were going to the Challenge so I have someone to run with but you have other things to do. I am looking to invest in a one peice driveshaft soon so maybe u want my old custom?? Let me know

Tom

I just may be interested :):)

ensteele 08-28-2005 10:59 AM

Chris - great to hear that you have the car back. I know that it has been a long wait for you. I am sure it will be worth it. :)

immortal_suby 08-28-2005 11:06 AM

Welcome back Chris - glad to hear you got the X back in motion. Now don't go too street racer on us with those decals. :p

GreenMarine 08-28-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Welcome back Chris - glad to hear you got the X back in motion. Now don't go too street racer on us with those decals. :p

Hahahaha, naa, it won't be a "Streetracer".... it will look alittle like Mike's (Dr.Biggly) National STX winning WRX.... This:
http://photos.drbiggly.com/vehicles/racecar_sub.jpg

Not gonna go overboard... But all the shops and companies that make it possible for me to get out there and race, I will advertize for them on my car... Because it is nolonger a daily driver.... It is a weekend Racer/cruiser.... :)

svxcess 08-28-2005 12:41 PM

There was a very dark purple SVX at the 10th anniversary meet that had a lot of corporate sponsors/decals on the leading edge of each front door. They were listed vertically (about 15) in silver vinyl. Looked really good.

Did anyone who was there happen to have taken a photo of it?

svxfiles 08-28-2005 01:53 PM

Glad you are back on the road, Chris! :D
What was wrong with the old motor?

Subafreak 08-28-2005 03:46 PM

It's about gadam time! How are you gonna be able to go from an SVX to a dezil Rabbit? Hell if it was at least a GTI I could understand. :D

Time to start driving fast and hugging corners again, just keeps it off the rocks :rolleyes: :)

GreenMarine 08-28-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Glad you are back on the road, Chris! :D
What was wrong with the old motor?

Not totally sure..... But I am gonna go get the motor and put it in my girlfriend's brothers garage for a while till christmas break when I can get down there and take the head off the drivers side and find out what (if any) internal damage there is.....

Bobb 08-28-2005 09:53 PM

Congrats

Hi Chris, Its great to see you have your"X" back on the road. Take care of it this time. I don't think you can do this over and over. Take care, BOBB