The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question on cosmetics... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18543)

starsh0t 05-09-2004 09:41 AM

Question on cosmetics...

When I got my SVX it was the dirtiest car I had ever seen.. obviously the person who had it before me did not take care of it at all. I've been working to fix that slowly, like vacumming and putting new parts in like rims etc.

So how much would it cost me to:

-fix scratches, dents, missing paint.. not anything MAJOR but minor dings and dangs.

-driver and passenger side have what looks like "dog damage." tiny bite marks and such. backseat has stiching loose.

-sunroof needs to be pushed down a little due to a missing screw which I am sure I can find at a hardware store or something.

-headlights (i am thinking of the clear lenses from smallcar)

-cleaning of the suede

Landshark 05-09-2004 11:23 AM

depends on how much you want to spend. :)

- not sure what an about an auto body will charge, but you can get touch up paint (can't find the link where i got it), a 'chip kit', and maybe a 'Ding King' and try to fix the chips and dents yourself for cheap.

- you can check out www.leatherique.com for really good leather restoring stuff (rejuvernator, crack filler, dye), or you can buy new leathers at Motor Sport Warehouse.

- you can clean the headlights (do a search), or the clears are a nice mod.

- suede can be cleaned (Woolite, i think lighter fluid for stains?) - do a search for 'ecsaine cleaning'.

hope that helps - good luck.

SHISVX 05-09-2004 11:27 AM

duct tape is cheap!

:D

JUST KIDDING

Kelli

Landshark 05-09-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
duct tape is cheap!

:D

JUST KIDDING

Kelli

purple neon and stickers might hide the blemishes, too. ask Kelli how. :D

HighwayUFO 05-09-2004 02:48 PM

To clean the headlights, go to Autozone, Schucks/Checker/Kragen, or any auto parts store and find some plastic polish. Usually comes in a bottle. I used it on my SVX and the before and after is amazing. Give that a try.

Keith

deruvian 05-09-2004 03:18 PM

civic_slayer, about your avatar... Is that Homer's brain in there, or a little centrifugal supercharger??? Looks like the latter to me.

immortal_suby 05-09-2004 03:43 PM

I thought it was a turbo?

Chiketkd 05-09-2004 08:50 PM

And according to ricers, add about 5hp each! :D

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
purple neon and stickers might hide the blemishes, too. ask Kelli how. :D

Chiketkd 05-09-2004 08:52 PM

I thought is was a turbo as well... Got boost on your mind? :D

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I thought it was a turbo?

mark10t 05-10-2004 08:17 AM

<<Question on cosmetics... >>

.......Oops, sorry!

I thought this was going to be about Mary Kay or Avon or something.........

-Mark

petesvx2 05-10-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
<<Question on cosmetics... >>

.......Oops, sorry!

I thought this was going to be about Mary Kay or Avon or something.........

-Mark

Mary Kate and Ashle.........whoopsie :rolleyes: :D

Chiketkd 05-12-2004 11:30 PM

I went to AutoZone today and picked up some plastic polish. After 30 minutes of polishing, my former yellow headlights are now perfectly clear! Civic_slayer is right - the before and after will amaze you! :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by civic_slayer
To clean the headlights, go to Autozone, Schucks/Checker/Kragen, or any auto parts store and find some plastic polish. Usually comes in a bottle. I used it on my SVX and the before and after is amazing. Give that a try.

Keith

ensteele 05-12-2004 11:41 PM

Putting the wheels on the right way adds way more power than anything else. Also won't get you as many negative comments either. :rolleyes: :D

Chiketkd 05-12-2004 11:43 PM

I can respect that... :D :D :D

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Putting the wheels on the right way adds way more power than anything else. Also won't get you as many negative comments either. :rolleyes: :D