The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   iphone.. Should I get one? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47914)

Freeman 12-19-2008 01:44 PM

iphone.. Should I get one?

I've checked the pros and the cons and EVERY online review that is on the internet! I really can't decide if I want the iphone or not! I know plenty of people here have one so have you had any regrets? Can I really not record video or use bluetooth or was that fixed? Sugestions?

odepaj 12-19-2008 01:51 PM

Re: iphone.. Should I get one?

If you get one, jailbreak it....

The process takes 5 minutes now and it gives you thousands of apps to use.

I've got the Ipod Touch but will be upgrading to the Iphone soon.

Everything on it is so easy to use!

Dustin

RSVX 12-19-2008 01:52 PM

No.............

Freeman 12-19-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 577857)
No

That's a very simple answer, lol.. Any reason?

Landshark 12-19-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 577863)
That's a very simple answer, lol.. Any reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 577408)
Right I know I have the false sence of security..
I have "summer" tires that I got from OT and didn't even think of the traction that they have..

I just really can NOT afford any other tires right now.. Hell, I can't afford anything right now.

you can't afford snow tires, but have money for an iPhone? :lol:

shelfy 12-19-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 577888)
you can't afford snow tires, but have money for an iPhone? :lol:

copterbrothel!

Landshark 12-19-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 577889)
copterbrothel!

my brakes quit working and i can't afford to have them fixed.

so should i buy a pet giraffe? :confused:

1986nate 12-19-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 577893)

Who needs brakes anyway? I want a pet monkey:D

I say no on the iphone-Instead use the money for the SVX.;)

GreenMarine 12-19-2008 03:59 PM

I love mine... So I'd say get it... If you are a college student or government employee at all then you can get 15% off your monthly bill too...

~ Chris

Zeppelin 12-20-2008 01:08 AM

iPhones are so over rated. If you want something to surf the web with and play mp3's, blah blah, get a Treo or a Blackberry. They can be had used for MUCH cheaper. I paid $100 off ebay for my Treo 650 over 2 years ago.

Subix 12-20-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 577893)

+1 for pet giraffe. I was thinking about this the other day and feel it would put a smile on my face if I could drive down the street and on some occasion see a longer necker hanging around in the field as I drive by.

iPhones are cool.... but $$ and trendy. I personally just got on the Razr bandwagon about 5 or 6 months ago... I'm so obsolete it's not funny ;)
I really don't see anyone using it much for MP3s... the iPhone that is.

If you already have a cell phone, wait... it'll get cheaper and better.
*course if your like me and my razr situation, it could be years ;)

Mensaf 12-20-2008 01:26 PM

Dunno what you guys are talking about, iphones are awesome, and are leaps and bounds better than anything else around. The downsides are the price and the battery life. I have an iTouch that I'm going to upgrade to either a 2nd gen touch or 3G Iphone soon enough. You literally have any/everything at your fingertips, and since the iphone is already on its second model, you don't have to deal with all the issues that the Storm and G1 users are dealing with right now.

I hate Apple with a passion, but damn do I love their ipods. I hated their ipods as well, until the touch came out. Revolutionary...again.

odepaj 12-20-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omar (Post 578011)
Dunno what you guys are talking about, iphones are awesome, and are leaps and bounds better than anything else around. The downsides are the price and the battery life. I have an iTouch that I'm going to upgrade to either a 2nd gen touch or 3G Iphone soon enough. You literally have any/everything at your fingertips, and since the iphone is already on its second model, you don't have to deal with all the issues that the Storm and G1 users are dealing with right now.

I hate Apple with a passion, but damn do I love their ipods. I hated their ipods as well, until the touch came out. Revolutionary...again.

Damn the 2nd gen iTouch! :mad: Thinkin they are all cool with their external speaker and such....

:( Wish I could afford one...

Dustin

SVXyGirl 12-20-2008 03:22 PM

I have an iphone. I have to say that when I looked around to find a phone to replace my old one, the iPhone was not too expensive (to me). The iphone is great for my lifestyle and my bills are lower than I originally expected. It was a gift for myself. It's not a phone for everyone, but it is certainly an improvement over the "hand-me-down" crappy razor I used to have. The only thing I do not like is the interference that I sometimes get when the phone is placed too close to a radio. :o

Crazy_pilot 12-20-2008 05:01 PM

I'm sort of debating. On the one side I don't want an expensive plan, on the other there are some apps like Dynolicious that I would love to have.