The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To the family . . . (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9663)

wasions 03-30-2003 03:05 PM

To the family . . .

My daughter is the leader of the spouse/family group for her husband's Army company (attached to the 3d infantry) out of Fort Stewart, GA. As you might guess, things are pretty rough for her these days. Seven soldiers from Fort Stewart have been killed thus far, all seven of which are close to her group, or other groups that she's familiar with. Her husband has been close to several of them.

If you would be interested in dropping him/her a note of encouragement, PM me. Be advised that I won't give an address, email or otherwise, unless I can confirm your identity or have met you in Lafayette, etc. I'm afraid that we just can't be too careful these days, especially where our children are involved.

Above all else, we solicit your prayers.

mohrds 03-30-2003 05:08 PM

I would suggest that you strictly forward all notes and don't give out anyone's address, even if you know them.

I'm just paranoid, but you can't be too careful.

Doug

Bwana 03-30-2003 05:57 PM

My cousin's cousin (does that make him my 2nd cousin?) was injured in that grenade attack when the 4 Iraqi's pretended to be surrendering, and then threw grenades at a tank. He was the machine gunner on that tank. He got burned pretty badly, and had shrapnel all over his body. He's doing ok now in a hospital in Maryland. He says that when he is better, he wants to immediately go back. Shows how much commraderie (sp) that these guys have.

P.S. He was also hit in the shoulder earlier, was bandadged up in the field, and continued on, until this event.

P.S.S. So add another person to your prayers. Thanks all.

Seraph 03-30-2003 06:15 PM

Steve,

I am sending them my prayers -- as well as for all the people in that region. Let's pray that everything will end quickly and safely.

L

ensteele 03-30-2003 06:55 PM

Steve

I will try to write up something and send it to you. You can send it on for me. I think what Doug mentioned is a good idea, and anyone who is willing to do this should understand that this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing. :)

wasions 03-30-2003 08:16 PM

I can think of many (Doug, Earl, Randy, Lwin, among others) that I would gladly send addresses to. That being said, the method Doug recommended is well taken and received. Scott, be assured that I'll be on my knees often, and thanks for adding your cousin (?) to the list.

May God bless you all, and may God bless America.

MNYPNNY 03-30-2003 08:21 PM

Steve and everyone else who may have friends and/or family on the front lines......

My thoughts, prayers, and support are behind you 100%.

~~Michelle

LarryIII 03-31-2003 04:58 AM

Both Rosie and I pray for our troops and wish everyone would also pray that God softens the hearts of dictators all over this planet. Further, pray for our troops everywhere, not only in the middle east. Lastly, pray that they never have to use the tools and training they have been given in combat.

awdsvx 03-31-2003 07:06 AM

Pray for the fallen

Pray for our fallen comrades as well as their families. If you go to

cnn.com

or

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...ies/index.html

Their names and faces are there, may we never forget what they have sacrificed four our nation. I know for myself I will never forget. I am a Army Veteran, and I feel guilty for not being there. May God bless them.

SPC. awdsvx

CigarJohnny 03-31-2003 07:20 AM

Jackie and I think of and pray for the troops quite often. We have two nephews in the military; one in the Navy that has yet to be deployed and another in the Army's Special Forces who is in Iraq at this moment. We know exactly how much the soldiers appreciate even a brief note of thanks and encouragement. May God bless those soldiers that put their lives on the line to defend our freedom and keep them safe from harm. Our blessings and prayers also go to the families of said soldiers who live in constant worry and concern for their safety.