The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   any chance on a 21st century SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9034)

SVX26517 02-27-2003 04:32 PM

any chance on a 21st century SVX?

Well ive driven and seen a Baja and it looks like a Brat. As with all car companies brinning back older styles with 21st century spice, do you think we will see a SVX style in the near future?

Mr. Pockets 02-27-2003 04:50 PM

Re: any chance on a 21st century SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX26517
Well ive driven and seen a Baja and it looks like a Brat. As with all car companies brinning back older styles with 21st century spice, do you think we will see a SVX style in the near future?
We'll just have to wait and find out, but I wouldn't bet on it. Even if Subaru did roduce a new coupe, it wouldn't compare to the SVX in terms of overall focus and attention to detail. The SVX was meant to represent the best car Subaru could build, and they're not likely to mass-produce such a demonstration again.

If you want a simpler argument, then look at it this way. The SVX was a product that failed (financially - in terms of its goals, it achieved those perfectly) and the WRX is a product that succeeded. Which direction is their product line more likely to follow?

LarryIII 02-27-2003 05:22 PM

I gree with Nick.

While they may use the name again on a modified WRX or other platform, I doubt if it will be a true SVX type car (luxury GT)

svxtremist2001 02-27-2003 06:37 PM

Bull**** that they ever will we have the few the proud as the army would say!!! SVX four ever!!! Hell ya!!!!

Ron Mummert 02-27-2003 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxtremist2001
Bull**** that they ever will we have the few the proud as the army would say!!! SVX four ever!!! Hell ya!!!!

I think Marines that would say, Ya?

Roon.

Green1995SVX 02-27-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

I think Marines that would say, Ya?

Roon.

Ron, you have got to be one of the funniest people alive. Thanks for all the laughs. :)

Mike

Landshark 02-27-2003 07:28 PM

Re: Re: any chance on a 21st century SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The SVX was meant to represent the best car Subaru could build......
Good Lord, i'd hate to have to deal with the transmission on the WORST car they ever built! :eek: :D

they could probably make a REAL nice SVX now (turbo, sportshift tranny that won't overheat, etc.), but i'd be scared that they'd get too freaky with the styling.

Seraph 02-27-2003 07:44 PM

Re: any chance on a 21st century SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX26517
I hope not. If they do rebadge another POS and call it SVX, I'd get rid of mine and get a 5 series BMW in a heart beat.

L

Green1995SVX 02-27-2003 07:52 PM

Re: Re: any chance on a 21st century SVX?

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

I hope not. If they do rebadge another POS and call it SVX, I'd get rid of mine and get a 5 series BMW in a heart beat.

L

Lwin- As much as I would hate to see another Subaru with the SVX nameplate (especially with how HORRIBLE their styling has been lately), I think going as far as to say you would sell your svx is quite silly! Selling your car just because of Subaru rebranding a new vehicle is just crazy. I love my SVX so much, there is NO FORCE on this planet that would make me sell it.

Allow me to share a dialogue from this evening at the Subaru dealer. I was at the service counter getting some advice on bearing replacment, and a customer standing behind me began to talk to me

Customer: "I have heard some good things about the SVX, but I've never driven one."

Me: "Yes, it is the most amazing vehicle on the planet."

Customer: "Well I would tend to disagree, I have a WRX."

Me: <laughing>

My friend: "Mike just let it go."

I love my SVX, and NO car could take its place.

Mike

SVX26517 02-27-2003 08:29 PM

yep i think you guys are right. In all my times when the SVX was in production, i never saw it in a commercial and once they had known about the tranny flaw, they shoulda put a little more effort into fixing it. It still might still be out today if that happened (maybe) I was thinking of getting one because im a subie freak, now i think i will find a new pleasure moble, but the SVX will be still a badass car.

Seraph 02-27-2003 09:48 PM

Why would Lwin get rid of his SVX?

The reason why I'd get rid of the SVX is not because I want to but I hate to be associated with ugly designed SVX II (if you will) and I *hate* to explain to people how special SVX I is compare to SVX II.

Knowing people (a person is smart, people are dumb), they would assume all SVXes regardless SVX I or SVX II are all the same. Crappy design and all... so although I love SVXes to death, there has to be a limit. You all know I love SVXes. Why would I get 3 of them one after another when I had a chance to get something else. If I had the money, I'd go get another tomorrow as a little present for myself.

L

Seraph 02-27-2003 09:53 PM

On the other hand, they keep the same exterior, improve the ride (we all know it is a nice car but... really... go drive a 2003 touring sedan), definitely improve the seats and update the interior and the powertrain as well as the suspension. Then I'll keep the SVX, strip it down and re-do it all over.

L

Green1995SVX 02-28-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

On the other hand, they keep the same exterior, improve the ride (we all know it is a nice car but... really... go drive a 2003 touring sedan), definitely improve the seats and update the interior and the powertrain as well as the suspension. Then I'll keep the SVX, strip it down and re-do it all over.

L

Lwin-

I dont understand your peoblem with the seats. The svx has some of the most comfortible and supportive seats I've ever experianced. I've driven many many cars.

Mike

Mr. Pockets 02-28-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

L

Some of you may have noticed that I'm a bit of a...purist... :D

Anyway, I disagree, Lwin. Regardless of what has come after the SVX, I love mine for what it is and not how well it compares to something built ten years later.

Update the interior? The SVX's is beautiful the way it is. Just because it doesn't have certain design cues that make you think 'new' doesn't mean squat. It was remarkable for the time and mine is still a joy to sit in every time.

Green1995SVX 02-28-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Some of you may have noticed that I'm a bit of a...purist... :D

Anyway, I disagree, Lwin. Regardless of what has come after the SVX, I love mine for what it is and not how well it compares to something built ten years later.

Update the interior? The SVX's is beautiful the way it is. Just because it doesn't have certain design cues that make you think 'new' doesn't mean squat. It was remarkable for the time and mine is still a joy to sit in every time.

Nick, I couldnt agree more with everything you just said. THANK YOU! :)

Mike