The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   please help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51771)

kwren 09-23-2009 09:01 PM

please help

just got another SVX and drove it home today! On the way to it's new home it turned over to 38,000 actual miles. Liquid Silver and a beauty! Drives and runs like a new car... A new SVX that is!

An inspection revealed that it doesn't yet have stainless break lines.:(

Does anyone know of a good source for a set for all 4 for about $100.00. I think the Arizona dude charges about two times that for a set for all 4 wheels.

y2daniel1981 09-23-2009 09:24 PM

Re: please help

Congrats on the sweet find. I'm probably just doing to get mine off of ebay. I forget the seller, but there is a company in Canada that has decent prices

kwren 09-23-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2daniel1981 (Post 618869)
Congrats on the sweet find. I'm probably just doing to get mine off of ebay. I forget the seller, but there is a company in Canada that has decent prices

I always say... "We pray a lot" This car was a huge miracle for us. We needed it to happen! Thank the Lord. :)

Thanks for the congrats and thanks for the clue on the ss brakelines. I took a look and found a couple. One was about 130 with shipping and the other was about $80.

Probably go for the higher price since they make them for race cars as well.
not sure yet but probably will go with the ones that sound that best.. From California.
Thanks again,
Keith:cool:

michael 09-23-2009 10:05 PM

These might look nice on a sweet liquid silver
http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...et/blcobr.html
I wish you many years of great service from your new SVX. I can't remember where I got my brake lines. It may have been ebay or CDOC. CDOC was great to deal with, I know I got my brake fluid from them.

y2daniel1981 09-23-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 618876)
These might look nice on a sweet liquid silver
http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...et/blcobr.html
I wish you many years of great service from your new SVX. I can't remember where I got my brake lines. It may have been ebay or CDOC. CDOC was great to deal with, I know I got my brake fluid from them.

Oh yeah, I forgot to check the motorsport sight, good catch ;)

kwren 09-23-2009 11:53 PM

I ordered them from motersport

ensteele 09-24-2009 12:19 AM

Pictures? That sounds like a great find. Where did you find that one? :)

svxfiles 09-24-2009 02:22 AM

Since Race Concepts has disappeared:(
I can no longer get the brake packages that I used to.
So, needing a set of SS lines for The Racer, IN A HURRY, I ordered a set from Dayle at Planet SVX (520-321-9500) for $95.00. and got them in like three days!:cool::)

They are the Goodridge brand that have the metal tabs.:)
Probibly the best made.

If we don't support the guys that are supporting us, (Dayle, LAN, YT, ETC.) then they will go away and we will be worse off for it!
OT

Sean486 09-24-2009 05:31 AM

A 1992 with 38K awesome find, we must see the pictures! :drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 618868)
just got another SVX and drove it home today! On the way to it's new home it turned over to 38,000 actual miles. Liquid Silver and a beauty! Drives and runs like a new car... A new SVX that is!

An inspection revealed that it doesn't yet have stainless break lines.:(

Does anyone know of a good source for a set for all 4 for about $100.00. I think the Arizona dude charges about two times that for a set for all 4 wheels.

kwren 09-24-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 618893)
Since Race Concepts has disappeared:(
I can no longer get the brake packages that I used to.
So, needing a set of SS lines for The Racer, IN A HURRY, I ordered a set from Dayle at Planet SVX (520-321-9500) for $95.00. and got them in like three days!:cool::)

They are the Goodridge brand that have the metal tabs.:)
Probibly the best made.

If we don't support the guys that are supporting us, (Dayle, LAN, YT, ETC.) then they will go away and we will be worse off for it!
OT

That is where I ordered mine from last night!

Keith:cool:................

kwren 09-24-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 618903)
A 1992 with 38K awesome find, we must see the pictures! :drool:

Doesn't have a spoiler on it yet. Am getting one painted for it. Picks will come later!!

Checking out brake pads, belts, and making sure it has the factory transmission filter installed. etc today.

HID lights tomorrow.

Transmission cooler is on the way.

need to pick up another rear view mirror auto dim-compass thing

We are so excited!

BoxerFanatic 09-24-2009 03:30 PM

Holy cow that sounds like a nice car. Less than 40K miles, and a rare color, to boot...

Are you going to mount the new spoiler in the stock location, or back 1.5 inches? :D

NEED INFO on the auto-dimming compass mirror. That is one thing my Legacy has, that I kinda wish I could fit to the SVX... but I didn't figure it was possible, with the SVX's arm-mounted rear-view, rather than glass-mounted...

I am frankly amazed that a car in that condition still exists. Kudos to you for finding and buying it. keep her pristine or better, and it sounds like you are well on your way...

:TTIWOP:

And next time you post a thread about a jewel of a darn-near-truly-new SVX... put a more descriptive title than "please help..." on it. :lol:

kwren 09-24-2009 09:47 PM

the auto dimming one I did was with a forester( not sure which year ) one. They came out with a kit for foresters because originally most foresters did not have the upgraded dimmingone from the factory. Mine looks like a factory job on my burgundy looking SVX.

I will get the information for you tomorrow it the dealer has the last one I purchased on record. If not, I will find it some where.

subbieatnz 09-24-2009 11:26 PM

What is a auto-dimming compass mirror?

kwren 09-24-2009 11:35 PM

a rear view mirror that has a compass on the right corner and dimes the headlights reflected in the rear view mirror from the cars driving behind you!