The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Koni 20% off thru May 31st (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57423)

benebob 05-27-2011 04:34 PM

Koni 20% off thru May 31st

got my lastest issue of classic motorsports today. Koni has an add that thru the 31st all but a select few shocks and struts are 20% off. It is worth a try as that equates to a $150-200 discount. Never saw koni have a sale like this before.

svxfiles 05-27-2011 05:06 PM

Re: Koni 20% off thru May 31st

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 677820)
got my lastest issue of classic motorsports today. Koni has an add that thru the 31st all but a select few shocks and struts are 20% off. It is worth a try as that equates to a $150-200 discount. Never saw koni have a sale like this before.

Thanks Ben.
However I just called Classic Garage and, surprise, SVX struts are a special order, and no discount is given.:rolleyes:

Gamesy 05-27-2011 05:34 PM

i'm still seeing if i can get them through work since i'm working at napa auto parts for the summer and get parts at cost.
is there really no other company that makes a similar insert?

Blacky 05-27-2011 06:04 PM

Apparently not.

benebob 05-27-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 677825)
Thanks Ben.
However I just called Classic Garage and, surprise, SVX struts are a special order, and no discount is given.:rolleyes:

Its worth a call to Koni themselves IMO. Then again, I don't need Koni's either;). As an ex-car salesmen don't you know that you never tell the customer about those dealer incentives when you sell a car:lol:.

svxfiles 05-27-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 677842)
Its worth a call to Koni themselves IMO. Then again, I don't need Koni's either;). As an ex-car salesmen don't you know that you never tell the customer about those dealer incentives when you sell a car:lol:.

I have RECENTLY called Koni, and had Advance Auto Parts call Koni and both times they have automaticly redirected our calls to The Classic Garage.

Ben, I'll call you..

kwren 05-27-2011 07:31 PM

http://classicgarage.com/subsvx19fron.html

svxfiles 05-27-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 677849)

"Zalez" has a 50% off sale every freekin day!:rolleyes:
The important part is what you have to spend for the product.
Koni's run from $735-$800.00, usually.

kwren 05-28-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 677851)
"Zalez" has a 50% off sale every freekin day!:rolleyes:
The important part is what you have to spend for the product.
Koni's run from $735-$800.00, usually.

I usually "get it" but am confused with your reply... Is Friday night "beer night"? :lol:

Did you look at the link? Subaru SVX KONI strut inserts $789.96. That is in your $735.00 to $800.00 range.

Since I know nothing about the inserts I am sorry if this was not what you were talking about. I even know less about your Zalez

Check it out tomorrow when hopefully your eyes will be uncrossed:rolleyes:
:lol:

Keith:cool:

svxfiles 05-28-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 677878)
I usually "get it" but am confused with your reply... Is Friday night "beer night"? :lol:

Did you look at the link? Subaru SVX KONI strut inserts $789.96. That is in your $735.00 to $800.00 range.

Since I know nothing about the inserts I am sorry if this was not what you were talking about. I even know less about your Zalez

Check it out tomorrow when hopefully your eyes will be uncrossed:rolleyes:
:lol:

Keith, my eyes are never crossed.

I have probably bought more Koni's from these guys than almost anyone.:rolleyes:

About two years ago the Koni inserts were $660.00 including shipping.

We have only one place to buy them new.

The place that sells them knows this.

I have offered to buy multiple sets at once but was not given a price break.
The "Zalez" referance is a rant about companies that offer "great deals", like 50% off, ALL OF THE TIME!:mad:
"Wait, there is more!
If you order now we will double your order of cow plops!!!
just pay double the shipping and handling!
Act now!:rolleyes:

kwren 05-28-2011 11:49 AM

Nobody checks things out more than we do at our house to get the best deal available. Even then, if we do not believe it is worth the cost, we never do it!
You should see me my three brothers in standing in line at a garage sale playing "let’s make a deal" when we go to Texas to a family get-together...
I think that thing must be genetics, heredity so to speak, kinda like dysentery!

Dysentery is heredity... It is in your jeans!:lol:

Back to reality... The “We have only one place to buy them new.” is always a killer… The insert price has never made sense to me, probably never will.

"Keith, my eyes are never crossed". Good for you! Same here.

kwren 05-28-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 677879)

About two years ago the Koni inserts were $660.00 including shipping.

There is a bit? of inflation going on after just barely over "the first two years", but even with that, the new cost is a bad way for them to treat us SVX folks.

New definition for inflation from the "praise and worship" crowd, if you get my drift... It is now simply referred to as "economic growth", which is always a plus,:rolleyes: and it only affects the things that we desperately need for survival, which actually they chose not include in the equation.
Food, clothing, shelter, and energy costs are all left out. Seriously...
:confused:
Hang in there!

Gamesy 05-29-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 677902)
Nobody checks things out more than we do at our house to get the best deal available. Even then, if we do not believe it is worth the cost, we never do it!
You should see me my three brothers in standing in line at a garage sale playing "let’s make a deal" when we go to Texas to a family get-together...
I think that thing must be genetics, heredity so to speak, kinda like dysentery!

Dysentery is heredity... It is in your jeans!:lol:

Back to reality... The “We have only one place to buy them new.” is always a killer… The insert price has never made sense to me, probably never will.

"Keith, my eyes are never crossed". Good for you! Same here.

sounds like ur family is one of those extreme couponers :P

svxfiles 05-29-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 677974)

What is a coupon?!?!:p

kwren 05-29-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 677974)

Not really, unless you count Costco, just coupons at the "Pink Elephant" car wash :lol:

We are "Costco people" and they do have coupon books pretty regular.

Great quality merchandise, unparalleled warranty on everything they sell, excellent produce and all around emphasis on healthy inventory. Costco has so far "skipped" the second "greatest depression since God created the earth" and actually thrived because of their business model and pricing! Costco actually went to the US Supreme Court over a demand that they sell one particular item at a higher price than they were providing it to customers for... and won!
Costco is also a great place to go everyday to get out of the rain to take a walk inside that "big warehouse"! (Washington state) :lol:

Take care,