The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   some pics from today's rally-x! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52721)

rallyingrob 01-03-2010 07:07 PM

some pics from today's rally-x!

hi everybody !
sorry it's been so long....work+family+no money = no time to play with my favorite toy...at least until today !!!

http://armsinc.ca/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8540

http://pics.spoon.org/gallery2/v/Mot...llyX-20100103/

there will be more posted i think shortly...
:)

rob

ps...i didnt do so well today...results arent posted/official yet, but i'm mid-pack at best...:(
i've been on the sidelines for so long now i'm QUITE rusty!

3-4 inches of snow then a bunch of rain on semi-frozen mud made for poor conditions for the wee-beastie...waaay too much inertia + bad "c" solenoid meant i simply could NOT get 'er to turn-in!...and even when set in the corner, too much fuel sent her understeering off into the weeds...lol :)

this may be my only event til april, since i may find out as early as tomorrow if i am flying-out to work in yellowknife til spring....:) :(

SVXRide 01-03-2010 08:01 PM

Re: some pics from today's rally-x!

How much of that mud got in the car? How did you bend up the hood?

-Bill

rallyingrob 01-04-2010 05:58 AM

zero mud/water entered car! :cool:

EVERY single body issue (dents/scratches etc) is the result of the FORMER owner...a drunk-driving idiot lobster fisherman...:(
:(

including the centre console full of vomit AND an exploded rear diff!!

i have NO IDEA how he managed to grenade the diff, but it was in pieces when i bought the car....:(

Alex-svx 01-05-2010 01:48 PM

hehe its cool to see a svx on the rally event i dont expected to see a svx in this action.. :cool:
http://pics.spoon.org/gallery2/d/12337-2/IMG_1187.jpg

Cam 01-06-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyingrob (Post 629684)
zero mud/water entered car! :cool:

EVERY single body issue (dents/scratches etc) is the result of the FORMER owner...a drunk-driving idiot lobster fisherman...:(

including the centre console full of vomit AND an exploded rear diff!!

i have NO IDEA how he managed to grenade the diff, but it was in pieces when i bought the car....:(

when i bought my car the front diff was toast, so i replaced the tranny. the one i put in had a faulty solenoid C. I began experiencing binding in the rear end that would go away with the FWD fuse installed.

Even though I installed the fuse pretty early on i had to replace the diff because the binding was so harsh it did a serious number to the gears.

I suppose that there could have been a similar problem with yours, and after fixing the solenoid the guy did not want to pay for a new diff as well.

just a thought...

Cam 01-06-2010 10:18 AM

despite all the mud, that is a very clean looking SVX. nice picture as well. cant wait to have mine running again so I can go exercise my right to be a delinquent 20 year old :cool:....responsibly, of course.

rallyingrob 01-07-2010 09:12 AM

hehe....im a delinquent soon to be 42 year old!!
lol

car isnt as nice as the pics show sadly...

although the pic would be good for the calendar!!! ;)

hence its conversion to rally beastie (suspension up grades next!)

and a continuation of stripping excess weight...the interior was mostly shot (sorry every one who needs parts!!)

next will be fabbing new inner door panels and removing dum-dum from the floor as well as removing un-necessary dash board internals (plus conversion to lightweight heater assembly)

at the same time i will be installing civic si seats (they bolt in with only minor mods!!)

under the hood, the abs pump will be removed as well as any/all other bits that are deemed un needed....the battery is re-locating to the trunk too...:)

power seat belts are already gone, next will be power windows and sunroof assembly...

i DO have a good fender and hood to paint and install to replace the mangled pieces...:)

rob

ps....has ANYONE put 15" steelies on their svx?...dynomatt...??

i know chrysler wheels fit the bolt-pattern/hub....but they would need spacers to clear the front calipers...

are there ANY known 15" wheels that will clear without spacers?

rallyingrob 01-07-2010 09:17 AM

cam..

yes i suppose that was probably the cause of the rear diff...
the trans was in pieces in the trunk/back seat when i bought the car, so i didnt even bother looking at it, since i had a 4.44 trans to install already...:D

only discovered the rear diff when we took it apart to swap the ring/pinion...

cheers!
rob

Cam 01-07-2010 02:08 PM

well then it all makes sense now :) haha. looks like you brought an SVX back from possibly going to the junkyard. Tranny in the back seat and all...

It's nice to see dedication to a true piece of art. I find it amazing that our SVX's are relatively unheard of.

Cam 01-07-2010 02:09 PM

I just realized this too, but I have to say that is one sexy squeeze clamp on your seat belt :p

rallyingrob 01-07-2010 05:14 PM

lmao!!!

yes...i have race belts to install...just gotta whip up a cross-bar to receive the shoulder belts :) (at least until i get the cage installed ...)

in the meantime, clamping the stock (legacy) belt helps a lot....i power the seatback down then buckle up and put the clamp on, then power the seat back up to where i want it....the clamp works loose of course, but it provides a certain amount of restriction while competing....

and the legacy seat belts are soooooooooooo much better than the power crap ones subey installed originally...:eek::rolleyes::mad:

rob

ps...just got the word, i leave for yellowknife to run the ice roads on monday...wont be back until ummmm probably 3rd week of march!!

Ricter 03-23-2010 10:06 AM

Are you currently running this on the original, and likely worn out, struts?

Chiketkd 03-23-2010 11:00 AM

Nice pics! I love this one the best...

http://pics.spoon.org/gallery2/d/12335-2/IMG_1185.jpg

rallyingrob 04-02-2010 08:13 AM

yes...stock struts are just about toast...
i have an "in" with some subaru rally teams, so i will be using/modding hand-me-down suspension bits until i can afford dms (10,000$$ !!??!!??)
oy vay !!
lol

worth every cent though...

rob

ps...update!!
i have a line on a caged/ log-booked svx rally car for reasonable $$

stay tuned!!

SilverSpear 04-02-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyingrob (Post 640976)
ps...update!!
i have a line on a caged/ log-booked svx rally car for reasonable $$

stay tuned!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D <--Click ME :P