The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hit & Run (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16628)

Gargoyle 02-21-2004 05:22 PM

Hit & Run

:( I am rather upset at the moment & really wish I was not making this post but ..
About an hour ago I was coming back from the car wash ( wanna look sharp for the airport run tomorrow morning )
Spent about 2 hours in the sunshine polishen & cleaning the leather,the glass, vacum etc.etc.etc Felt GREAT talked to 4 different people about that wierd windowed car Smile Smile Smile It was a plesant day & every-one who cared was washen there rides. ... So i finish & head home ( only about 25 blocks away)

So there I am raybans on windows & roof open Radio jammen,Its stop & go simi heavy trafic & I am allmost to my turn off Aurora Ave N @ 175'th Trafic stops for the crosswalk light & I stop and then A good tune comes on & I look down to turn it up & WHAM I get slamed ,, I Jump out of my car & look at the rear end & I'm like holy **** you gotta be kidden me. I walk to the drivers window of the Ford F-150 & go Man are you kidden me ?? He goes man I'm sorry & I look back at my car & then this guy hooks a left & starts racing away Im screaming are you ****ten me !!!!! No g** damn way
So I jump in the car and take off after him, Im tryng to get my cell phone out of my jacket wich is folded up on the passengers seat Im kinda freaken out I cant belive this guy is gonna try & run on me. Well I get my phone out & call 911 they have to transfer me to the local dispatch & im giving them the plate # & make & model It's a late 90's Ford F-150 black with COLORADO plate # 12074RS.
Well this dispatcher is tellen me to pull over & wait for an officer & Im like ya right NOT!!!!!! I have a full tank of gas & this guy is no way gonna out run me so he keeps maken all kinds of turns tryn to out run me & I'm like no way dude I got the phone in one hand giving cross raod updates the dispatcher keeps tellen me to stop Ya right are you kidden me I only have Liability Ins. Im not letten this guy get away.
Well he ends up tearing down a middle double turn lane past a School bus ( just now dawned on me its saturday but there it was ) any way dispatcher tells me if any-one gets hurt it could be on me & its starten to look like some one could So I stop at a 76 station & in about 2 mins an officer shows up & goes where is he ? well I tell her everyhing & she writes up a report & there gonna try & find the guy but I'm not holding my breath ,
Well that's the story & there are a few damage pics in my locker:(

halistan 02-21-2004 05:46 PM

OH MY GOD! the guys lisence plate # is imprinted in your paint! lol. Thats crazy, but fortunatly (not to make light of it) it doesn't look that bad. At least your car isn't totalled :)

~Ray

Alycone 02-21-2004 05:56 PM

I can't believe that happened, that really sucks. Hopefully they'll be able to track the idiot down, wonder if he stole the truck.
:(

svxeno 02-21-2004 06:03 PM

Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllll sorry to see this. I always wondered what I would do if that happened. I think the same thing, just out of rage. Probably best you stopped. I hope they make the moron pay BIG.

Randy ii

NapaBavarian 02-21-2004 06:11 PM

Re: Hit & Run

Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle
dispatcher tells me if any-one gets hurt it could be on me
What a country we live in, if someone does something this blatent and you try to catch them, then they hurt someont it's your fault:mad: can't we just shoot people like that so they won't do it again?

ensteele 02-21-2004 06:53 PM

I sure hope they catch the guy. It will be kinda hard for him to say that it wasn't that truck with the plate imprint. :) It should be much worse that he ran than the actual damage and for hitting you. Hope all comes out ok. That is sure a bummer Gar. Sorry to hear it. :(

NapaBavarian 02-21-2004 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
I sure hope they catch the guy. It will be kinda hard for him to say that it wasn't that truck with the plate imprint. :) It should be much worse that he ran than the actual damage and for hitting you. Hope all comes out ok. That is sure a bummer Gar. Sorry to hear it. :(
Last I heard it's a fellony in California :p

Gargoyle 02-22-2004 07:38 AM

Thanks for the sympathy gang.
As I replay it over & over in my mind , I keep thinking back to the trooper asken why I stoped as she was getting updates & was closing in ( Stupid dispatcher )
I will be getting estemates Monday so I will probably be double mint P-O'd then.
Oh woh my poor baby.. I have had more than a few cars I used to dream about getting hit as they where worth more dead than alive but it seems thieses thing only happen to the things we ( I ) cherish... Ok so I am still upset I'm going to get an asprin & go make the airport run.. Thanks again

SHISVX 02-22-2004 11:26 AM

hey man, they got the plate number...and unless the car was stolen, they can easily find out whose car it is...

i followed someone in my svx before, it was a jeep wrangler...some girl was trying to jump out of it as it was moving and the guy ripped her back by her hair and started beating on her. i called the cops and kept on him with license plate number and everything...he got caught too, the little bastard

Kelli

immortal_suby 02-22-2004 02:29 PM

Glad you weren't hurt.
Holy cripes - I wonder if the idiot realized he left a plate imprint!

Please tell the local news team about it - that is a great story for the dumb criminals section.

NapaBavarian 02-22-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
hey man, they got the plate number...and unless the car was stolen, they can easily find out whose car it is...

i followed someone in my svx before, it was a jeep wrangler...some girl was trying to jump out of it as it was moving and the guy ripped her back by her hair and started beating on her. i called the cops and kept on him with license plate number and everything...he got caught too, the little bastard

Kelli

:D :D :D

I can't stand people like that, they should be removed from the gene pool so they can't make little mean people!

GreenMarine 02-22-2004 02:40 PM

That really sucks.... But it sucks for him because you have his plate!!!! :D:D:D:D You can get him now!!! :D:cool:

shelfy 02-22-2004 09:32 PM

i am ashamed that a coloradoan did this to your car and couldn't be mature enough to deal with it. i believe you can do a title search in colorado if you have a license plate #, which obviously you do. i will ask at work tomorrow if anyone knows and will send you a URL or phone number to call. i thnk the cost is only $2. btw, it is a valid jefferson county issued truck license plate, if that means anything.

Gargoyle 02-23-2004 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
i am ashamed that a coloradoan did this to your car and couldn't be mature enough to deal with it. i believe you can do a title search in colorado if you have a license plate #, which obviously you do. i will ask at work tomorrow if anyone knows and will send you a URL or phone number to call. i thnk the cost is only $2. btw, it is a valid jefferson county issued truck license plate, if that means anything.
Thanks Shelfy, I dont blame Colorado , We have ( unfortunatly )people like that from every state.
My biggest hope is the guy was drinken or something similar ( please please please let him have insurance )
My biggest fear is the truck was stolen !
I am heading out soon to some body shops & see what its gonna cost , In all reality it's not near as bad as it could be but to me my 53 k baby is just that my baby.
hopefully the cops here know by now who the truck is regesterd to, Im gonna try & call later today & see if any progress has been made.
Even though stoping the chase was probably best I can't stop thinken how if i had stayed with him for 3 more min they woulda been there ( Officer showed up withen 2 min of my stoping coming from the direction the truck went :mad:
Again thanks for the moral support & all the help .

greg 02-23-2004 03:35 PM

Uninsured motorist insurance?

Hey don't you have uninsured motorist insuance with the liability? I just have liability insurance but it also has uninsured motorist with it. I have had to make a claim before and it was only a two hundred dollar deductible. You could have your car fixed in no time and they can't increase your rates for an uninsured claim. The claims are apparently runthrough the state not the private carriers and they submit those claims to the state and vwallah...your car gets fixed no rate increase and so on...BTW hit and run applies as uninsured motorist.

Good luck,
~G:)