The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Today Was A Very Sad And Upsetting Day! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43739)

momzsvx 03-12-2008 07:22 PM

Today Was A Very Sad And Upsetting Day! UPDATED

The svx family has lost a svx today. I was t-boned on the passenger side by a black cobalt. I was cited, as I had stopped at this stop sign, I did see the car, however believed I had all the time to cross without the accelerating. My misperception I believe lacked in the oncoming cars rate of speed. Hence the driver was driving a rental car that he was not supposed to be driving. He was in a previous accident recently and they had just got a rental car. The young man was 18 and on his way to school which as he was running a bit late. So now we are minus a 1995 polo green L(AWD).

Okay does anyone know of what my estimate may be for this car? It had 99,554 miles on it.
The end result of the estimate of the car. $4,495 dollars as I have a $500 dollar deductible. I would have kept the car from salvage, however, they want $650 dollars, and I declined. I had mentioned before the figuring of numbers that I would want to keep the car. It was then lowered to $550 dollars. I still think that is a bit high, what does everyone else think?

Crazy_pilot 03-12-2008 07:23 PM

:eek:Is everyone okay?

momzsvx 03-12-2008 07:32 PM

Yes, and I am sorry I had forgot to mention that. Everyone was okay, I am so happy for that. I was the oldest individual and my daughter was the youngest. Thanks for asking. ;-)

Mike621 03-12-2008 07:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident... Glad to hear that you and your loved ones are safe.

momzsvx 03-12-2008 07:41 PM

Thank you Mike,

The car is going to be looked at here soon. I just am not quite sure what they will say. I have never been in this situation before and with this car it just hurts. I wanted to sell this one not harm it nor was I aiming to sell it local due to the fact I was afriad it was going to be harmed. It wound up under my own care. I had hoped it was fixable. When I had it gourned home. My husband pointed out to me that the frame was bad. I have a donor car so I was in high hopes. It's just a sad day.

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-12-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momzsvx (Post 534388)
The svx family has lost a svx today. I was t-boned on the passenger side by a black cobalt. I was cited, as I had stopped at this stop sign, I did see the car, however believed I had all the time to cross without the accelerating. My misperception I believe lacked in the oncoming cars rate of speed. Hence the driver was driving a rental car that he was not supposed to be driving. He was in a previous accident recently and they had just got a rental car. The young man was 18 and on his way to school which as he was running a bit late. So now we are minus a 1995 polo green L(AWD).

Okay does anyone know of what my estimate may be for this car? It had 99,554 miles on it.

AHHhhh damn. That sucks. :( :( Stupid cobalt. I'm in a rush just about everyday, but you don't see me rushing. My car's too important to me. Is it bad enough that it can't be fixed. What did it sound like?
Mine has 99,6xx by the way, pretty close to yours.

momzsvx 03-12-2008 07:49 PM

Ya know the sound was really not bad, but I was in shock of being hit. Honestly, I was so surprised that I was hit; I would not have imagined it was the black car. I honestly felt I had such a clear distance that I had no need to accelerate or trust me I would have that is the cra—pp—er of it all. We know the car can go if needed. I sure wished I would have darn it.

JaySVX 03-12-2008 07:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, but i'm glad to hear everyone is ok.

TomsSVX 03-12-2008 09:15 PM

The SVX does its job again!!! To this day, I have never heard of someone crashing an SVX and getting seriously hurt, or dying... These cars are very safe. Sorry to hear about the accident... Glad everyone is ok

TOm

wannarace928 03-12-2008 09:35 PM

Sorry to hear.:( Glad your all ok.

Someone backed into the front of my teal a while ago. Luckily did not damage it, but still scary. I desided at that time though, if it ever is in an accident I would fix it no matter what. I'm completely obsessed with this particular car.

OrangeOkie 03-12-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momzsvx (Post 534388)
. . . Okay does anyone know of what my estimate may be for this car? It had 99,554 miles on it.

I would print out this ebay sale when it concludes in 4 days and use this a starting point in negotiations with your adjuster. They will try to low ball you since that is their job and how they are compensated. I did this with a motor cycle I lost and got a very good and fair price for it.

WestCoastSVX 03-12-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 534443)
The SVX does its job again!!! To this day, I have never heard of someone crashing an SVX and getting seriously hurt, or dying... These cars are very safe. Sorry to hear about the accident... Glad everyone is ok

TOm

I was thinking the same thing Tom. Especially when she mentioned her daughter was with her so we know more than just the driver's seat was occupied and still no injuries.

I've heard must worse accident stories with no serious injuries over the years, probably could start a whole new thread on them. In fact, I might. ;)

It's Just Eric 03-12-2008 10:32 PM

Well...t boned probably means shes done for

If you have a donor car, id swap over every concievable part from the wrecked on onto it, use the insurance money for some upgrades and a paint job, and be on my merry way

ensteele 03-13-2008 12:01 AM

I am sorry to hear about your SVX. I am glad to hear that no one was hurt. A car is replaceable. People are not. Good luck

momzsvx 03-13-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie (Post 534451)
I would print out this ebay sale when it concludes in 4 days and use this a starting point in negotiations with your adjuster. They will try to low ball you since that is their job and how they are compensated. I did this with a motor cycle I lost and got a very good and fair price for it.

Thanks for the info. I have never done anything like this before. I am worried about the outcome. I have heard I could buy the car back. I already have a parts car for my 94 Lsi. The windshield is cracked really bad and the frame is so bad on the 95. I was hoping to get money to pay off my recent purchase of last year. I hope they will let me take the tires off and put some old ones on as well as I would love to get my stereo out too. I have never taken the plastic seals off but one of mine is broken on my 94. Has anyone done anything like this? I mean taken them off without killing them? I was hoping the adjuster would have called me by now.

The car on ebay makes me want to buy it. Sure wish I could and store that baby.