The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What should I do??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21988)

majeskyb 10-15-2004 02:30 PM

What should I do???

I was surfing Autotrader last night looking for a car for my sister, when I came across a '94 Cadillac Eldorado, for $1500- mechanic's special. I showed my wife, and now she's all excited. She's calling the guy up today to see what's wrong with it, since I told her that if it's nothing too bad, we'll buy it. A little background here- My wife is in love with Cadillac almost as much as she is with me. So, I know for a fact she isn't going to turn this down if she has the chance to get it. I've got no problem fixing it up, but my problem is- if she gets it, I don't think I'll be getting an SVX, at least anytime soon. What should I do??? I'm going to talk to her about it shortly, so I'll find out what's wrong with it, but if it's nothing I can't handle, I guess we'll have a Cadillac. I need help people! Thank you all ahead of time!

Chiketkd 10-15-2004 02:45 PM

Ouch. You're stuck between a wall and a hard place there buddy. If a Cadillac makes your wife happy, I'd say buy the darn thing - you'll be really happy down the road! ;)

If the car has a ton of problems, then tell her the truth and let her know it isn't a feasible investment.

Good luck.

-Chike

majeskyb 10-15-2004 02:49 PM

well, she hasn't called the guy yet. She has to take the ferrets to the vet because they're acting weird. but I should find out soon. I know what you mean- I don't really want the car, but she's the one in love with them. And if I can make her happy, that makes me happy. I'll keep you all updated and let you know whenever I find out

Mr. Pockets 10-15-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by majeskyb
She has to take the ferrets to the vet because they're acting weird.
But...they're ferrets...

majeskyb 10-15-2004 04:35 PM

weird poop, and they needed their shots. but, yes, weird is normal for them :D Oh yeah, almost forgot- the vet gave all of them (3) a clean bill of health, along with their rabies and distemperment shots. All that and the place only charged $82.

Chiketkd 10-15-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

but, yes, weird is normal for them :D
:D :D :D

-Chike

Earthworm 10-15-2004 05:16 PM

Get the Cadillac and when it comes time to get your SVX if she gives you any hassel just remind her how much you sacrificed so she could have her car :D :cool:

majeskyb 10-16-2004 04:27 PM

Good news!

Well, for me. She called the guy and was told that it had already been sold. Plus it needed a new engine. She told me that we can still look for another Caddy, but now I know that the SVX can't be taken away from me. Now it's back to saving for it...

Andy 10-16-2004 04:48 PM

Just look after them ferrets. They are my favorite animal. A pet that catches dinner :D

Chiketkd 10-16-2004 09:43 PM

Re: Good news!

Quote:

Well, for me. She called the guy and was told that it had already been sold. Plus it needed a new engine. She told me that we can still look for another Caddy, but now I know that the SVX can't be taken away from me. Now it's back to saving for it...
Hurray! Good luck finding another Caddy for her though - you rekindled a flame that's now a raging fire... ;)

-Chike