The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Another H6 joins the family (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15020)

rufus 12-13-2003 12:04 PM

Another H6 joins the family

1 Attachment(s)
After about a year of off and on shopping, I finally found the right new addition to the fleet. 20K on the engine and transmission, and nicely restored with thorough documentation by someone who loved it. It is a 74 in case anyone is curious.

Mr. Pockets 12-13-2003 01:29 PM

Ha! Cool! And just in time for you to put it away for the winter, right? :p

BTW Gordon rocks.

Landshark 12-13-2003 01:38 PM

cool! my buddy just got his '76 Targa re-painted (with a new interior) and running good. should be fun next summer! :)

rufus 12-13-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Ha! Cool! And just in time for you to put it away for the winter, right? :p

BTW Gordon rocks.

Yeah, tell me about it. It is supposed to snow tonight, so I may not even get to drive it in to work on Monday :(

mikecg 12-13-2003 08:43 PM

Kermit??

You need a vanity tag that says Kermit. (ie green with those frog eyed headlights):D

rufus 12-14-2003 08:05 AM

Re: Kermit??

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
You need a vanity tag that says Kermit. (ie green with those frog eyed headlights):D
Actually, I am putting historical tags on it. I'm not sure you can get vanity historical tags In Maryland, but I'll check into it. I do know that you can get a tag that was current in the year your car was made and use that as your actual license plate, which I think is pretty cool.

I think KARMIT would be pretty clever. :D Or how about FROGGER? I loved that game.

Snowing pretty hard right now; I don't think I'll be driving it today. I went out for a late night spin when I got home last night, and came upon a couple large ice patches in the middle of a long uphill stretch of road. That car's behavior in low traction conditions is, as you might imagine, not very confidence inspiring. :D :D :D

Aredubjay 12-14-2003 03:23 PM

SCHWEET! :D

Mr. Pockets 12-14-2003 03:40 PM

You air-cooled Porsche fans might want to avoid Jeremy Clarkson's 'Top 100 cars' video. He illustrates his disgust for the cars in a rather graphic way.

I've always dug Porsches, so it made me cringe. Where's a wincing smiley when you need one?

Landshark 12-14-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
You air-cooled Porsche fans might want to avoid Jeremy Clarkson's 'Top 100 cars' video. He illustrates his disgust for the cars in a rather graphic way.
he must not have had the plums to drive one correctly. i know i don't - but i'm still amazed at what they can do with the right driver behind the wheel.

Mr. Pockets 12-14-2003 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

he must not have had the plums to drive one correctly. i know i don't - but i'm still amazed at what they can do with the right driver behind the wheel.

Yeah, I've told people the same thing about the Justy. ;)

Ron Mummert 12-14-2003 08:36 PM

Re: Re: Kermit??

I went out for a late night spin when I got home last night.

You took it out at four o'clock in the morning?!?!
I hope you remembered to remove the cover.

Ron.