The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Car Keyed.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11353)

AnthraXFan 06-14-2003 02:06 PM

Car Keyed....

Well, i won't go into the details, but i got a nice key mark about 2 feet long on the driver side rear of the car, and a nice 4 foot key mark across the spoiler. Any suggestions for touch up paint, rubbing compound, waxing, or what to do? Never been keyed, and i blame the hulligans!
Thanks
I have a 96 Polo Green L

Mr. Pockets 06-14-2003 02:10 PM

It just depends on how deep the scratch is, man. If somebody was really serious, they got it down past the color, so you're looking at a repaint to make it look right again. Scratches that long, even touched-up, are going to show. Touch-up paint, I've found, chips off easily in any application larger than a couple millimeters across.

I don't understand why somebody would key someone else's car. I've known people I can't stand, but I can't think of a situation where I'd think it was okay to vandalize someone else's property.

DavieGravy 06-14-2003 02:46 PM

The only way to know for sure is to run it by a body and paint shop. That's what I'd do.

Tim 06-14-2003 04:03 PM

If its not deep at all try Maguires Scratch X. I had key marks on my car from when I bought it and it got off 2 of the 3 key scratches I had on it. They were about a foot long too.

Silver's relatively easier to remove scratches than the black was.

awdsvx 06-14-2003 04:39 PM

Sorry

Sorry to hear that. I once found a slurpee on my rear spolier, made me pissed off already, but truely sorry for your misfortune. I would try a oxidation remover for car paint, that might work if the scratch is not so deep, and have a buffer to buff it out.
:(

SVXdriver_007 06-14-2003 07:02 PM

Re: Car Keyed....

Quote:

Originally posted by AnthraXFan
Well, i won't go into the details, but i got a nice key mark about 2 feet long on the driver side rear of the car, and a nice 4 foot key mark across the spoiler. Any suggestions for touch up paint, rubbing compound, waxing, or what to do? Never been keyed, and i blame the hulligans!
Thanks
I have a 96 Polo Green L

I can't honestly help you with the key marks but I may be able to help you in a nice selection of weapons just in case you know who did the keying.

ww111 06-14-2003 07:54 PM

Did someone say Wepons?!?

I can "Hook you up" :D with the guys who did this for me...

http://www.defenshield.com/video/fped_c4blast.mpg

Lots a fun.

10 Lbs of C4
Those Marines know how to have a good time.

Collins
92pearlie
"bada BOOM!"

SHISVX 06-15-2003 05:21 AM

awwww :( my car got keyed to, right across the hood :( i can't offer any advice, but i can offer my condolances, i'm sorry :(

Kelli

CigarJohnny 06-15-2003 05:46 AM

I never understood the mentality of people who get their jollies from that stuff. :rolleyes: I hope you can get the scratches out without too much trouble. It would break my heart if someone did that to mine.

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I once found a slurpee on my rear spolier, made me pissed off already, but truely sorry for your misfortune.
I once found a box o' wine on Ron's spoiler. There was little recourse except to help him drink it! :D (...tips his coffee cup to Ron );)

ensteele 06-15-2003 09:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know what I would do if that happened. That is one of the worse forms of vandelism there is. One scratch can do so much damage and make the car look so bad. I have nerver understood how people can do that. :(

AnthraXFan 06-15-2003 06:11 PM

hey everybody. thanks for the comments and such about the keying. I really was driving rather nice to the other side of town here. Not sure when it happened, but it's not like a cut someone off then parked and had them come by or anything. No idea who did it unfortunately. Doesn't look too bad, but really puts a bit of a pisser on whenever i drive it now. Hope some scratch remover will put it away. Thanks everyone.

Subafreak 06-15-2003 07:25 PM

It would almost be worth them doing it if you could have seen them do it. Do you think self defence would hold up it court? Maybe temperary insanity.

Noir 06-17-2003 11:09 AM

re: beware

sorry about the keying man. something to add to vandalism. i was at the duncan donuts saturday night around 1am. living near emory university is a pain in the a%% due to the rich college kids with too much time on their hands. i overheard the two guys in front of me talking about going to home depot and buying some adhesive named 'liquid steel'??? apparently they plan to go and glue shut people's doors and trunks. i hope this never happens to anyone here. never used liquid steel before but i wonder how long it takes for the 'liquid' to crystalize.

if this ever happens to me, you'll see me on tv for beating down 2 punks that go to emory university.