The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AC Question (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57939)

The1One1AndOnly 07-29-2011 10:43 AM

AC Question

I got a freon charge but the gas was leaking and caused the cold air to leave real quickly.

The Mechanic put dye and said the hp hose and the hose going from the condenser to the compressor both have leaks.

First question is: What is the name of that hose going from the condenser to the compressor, I want to order it new from the dealer. I already have a new HP hose sitting at home.

Second question is: Can there be something else involved. According to him the compressor and the condenser are fine. My radiator was rebuilt recently and works fine. No vacuum or electrical issues either. Is there anything else that maybe involved?

Thanks

Huskymaniac 07-29-2011 10:49 AM

Re: AC Question

O-rings could be leaking. That was what I replaced and it has held since.

RojoRocket 07-29-2011 12:38 PM

Check the How-To Docs. :cool:

Glenn

kwren 07-29-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 682850)
O-rings could be leaking. That was what I replaced and it has held since.

Heads up! They put dye in the system and located the leaks:confused::confused::confused:

Keith:cool:

Huskymaniac 07-29-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 682870)
Heads up! They put dye in the system and located the leaks:confused::confused::confused:

It must suck to be a shriveled up used car salesman looking old man that has nothing better to do than badger people on an internet message board.

kwren 07-29-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 682890)
It must suck to be a shriveled up used car salesman looking old man that has nothing better to do than badger people on an internet message board.

Tony, I have spent my whole life taking disadvantaged people under my wing that desperately needed help, but I have never seen anyone else that seems to need help with every undertaking.

Since I have never sold a car in my life, and spent the day mixing concrete while working on installing my new rod Iron fence, I doubt if any information on that would ever be useful to you... I will take a shot at your latest dilemma.

Don't hold me to it but guess for you would be… Your reply should possibly be posted in the “NOT EXACTLY SVX” category!

I am trying to quit, but it seems helping you seems to be my lot in life.:)

Green1995SVX 07-29-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 682890)

Tony, just ignore him. I think he enjoys getting a "rise" out of people. Maybe if we collectively ignore him, he'll eventually go away.

kwren 07-30-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 682894)
Tony, just ignore him. I think he enjoys getting a "rise" out of people. Maybe if we collectively ignore him, he'll eventually go away.

You can always tell a lot about a person by who their friends are.:)

Huskymaniac 07-30-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 682894)

Of course, you are 100% correct! Dude has a truly twisted way of "helping" people. Troll is perfect description though. What else would wait for someone to post something so they can pounce all over it with an obnoxious response? I hope I don't have to pose in pictures next to cartoon characters and spend my time insulting or baiting people on message boards when I am that old and close to death. I guess I became his object of affection when Trevor got banned.......

Back to the topic at hand, if you go through the trouble of replacing lines, just make sure you replace the o-rings too.

kwren 07-30-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 682912)
I guess I became his object of affection.

Not true.. Trevor is a quality person.

You have never been my "object of affection" How funny... But... at least, you do have a sense of humor!

I don't actually wait for you to post something... When I see something really stupid, I just look farther, and that "maniac" thing is attached to it. That name tells it all...

Getting your jollies by criticizing a Minnie mouse picture? How un-American.

icingdeath88 07-30-2011 03:13 PM

Stop it guys, this is getting old.

The1One1AndOnly 07-31-2011 12:05 PM

Thanks a lot, I'm ordering it tomorrow, I'm not to technical in that area, so I need to know which o rings specifically..

Should I tell the dealer the hose going from the condenser to the compressor and the o rings for the (from the).....

The1One1AndOnly 07-31-2011 12:08 PM

I guess he put it on the hoses after releasing the gas to see where it was coming out from and used a purple light to see the tares, It had quiet a few on both hoses...

kwren 07-31-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1One1AndOnly (Post 682988)
I guess he put it on the hoses after releasing the gas to see where it was coming out from and used a purple light to see the tares, It had quiet a few on both hoses...

"O" rings... The two for hi and low side of the compressor and both sides of the accumulator would probably be adequate.

Good luck!

The1One1AndOnly 08-01-2011 01:24 PM

Wow that hose is coming out to 150$ even after discount. Does anyone have that hose in good condition, or is it better for me to just get it knew?