The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why does SOA deny us support? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4050)

Green1995SVX 05-06-2002 09:50 AM

Why does SOA deny us support?

I was thinking today about how SOA's stance has been regarding us SVX owners. It seems they really want nothing to do with us. We have a great club going on here. Has anyone made them aware? It seems like Subaru in Japan is always having events for the SVXers over there etc...

It seems unusual that a company like Subaru, which gets so much business based on brand-loyalty would not want to support us SVXers and work with us. GM, for example, goes out of their way to accomodate the cavalier club. They have an event every year at the plant where they make the cavaler, let us talk to the engineers, make suggestions, tour the plant, see, sit in, and even ride in new concept cars, and they even sponsor a car show and it goes on and on.

So, what's up with subaru? We have their nicest, must expensive "flagship" car. Why no support?

-Mike (Just Venting.)

Seraph 05-06-2002 10:35 AM

Re: Why does SOA deny us support?

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

So, what's up with subaru? We have their nicest, must expensive "flagship" car. Why no support?

-Mike (Just Venting.)

Flagship car is not the SVX. SVX was their bastard child. Their current flagship looks like the impreza or the outback.

Lwin

Green1995SVX 05-06-2002 10:52 AM

Re: Re: Why does SOA deny us support?

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

Flagship car is not the SVX. SVX was their bastard child. Their current flagship looks like the impreza or the outback.

Lwin

The svx was Subarus "flagship" car of its time. I dont think it was the Justy?

-Mike

1994SubaruSVX 05-06-2002 12:14 PM

they must know something we.......

dont about the svx. maybe it is a ticking time bomb or has too many quality quirks. maybe it just doesnt fit into their current lineup so they would rather ignore it. who knows?? :confused:

Aredubjay 05-06-2002 12:59 PM

Here's my take: The SVX is Subaru's "Viet Nam." Their "Bay of Pigs." Their . . . well, you get the point.

It was something that was entered into with the best of intentions only to fall flat on its face. Countless dollars, manpower, etc, poured into a great idea that failed.

It took us years before we were ready to acknowledge Viet Nam. We're still resisting recognizing the Bay of Pigs. They're things we'd just as soon put behind us, and go on.

If not for stipulations of support, levied by the US government for parts availability on imported cars, we might very well be SOL, as far as SOA is concerned, and, in the future (barring a full scale resurgence of love for the marque by someone "important") we shall be.

Green1995SVX 05-06-2002 01:05 PM

It really is a shame. I wonder if SOA watches this message board... I know GM people lurk on the cav board all the time... <shrugs> I really doubt it.

-Mike

Aredubjay 05-06-2002 01:08 PM

Quote:

It really is a shame. I wonder if SOA watches this message board... I know GM people lurk on the cav board all the time... <shrugs> I really doubt it.

-Mike

I'm sure if they did, we'd have gotten "letters" by now. :D

We'd have certainly gotten some kind of stir out of the Yahoo posts, "way back when," if they were monitoring :D

I'm guessing it's "Out of sight, out of mind."

Boone 05-06-2002 01:38 PM

Mebbe a slew of grey haired or no haired veterans at Layfayette will get some reaction.... :eek:

Aredubjay 05-06-2002 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Mebbe a slew of grey haired or no haired veterans at Layfayette will get some reaction.... :eek:
With, or without, tater cannons? :D

Boone 05-06-2002 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

With, or without, tater cannons? :D

Hmmm... taters. :p

SVXMAN2001 05-06-2002 04:32 PM

I love taking my svx to subaru, cause you always get looks. People can't believe its a subaru. don't get me wrong, I like the wrx, but next to the svx. Our cars have SO much more class, and character. We at least have to give subaru the credit of creating the car.

svxeno 05-06-2002 05:11 PM

I just e-mailed the link to this page to SOA. Probably nothing will come of it, however, I tried.

Randy (Wondering if SOA employees have full internet access) ii

sith 05-06-2002 05:29 PM

So wait Randy ... you're saying the SVX was all a plot to takeover Cuba? It makes so much more sense now...

or.. maybe you didn't mean quite so literally :)

Seraph 05-06-2002 05:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Why does SOA deny us support?

Quote:

The svx was Subarus "flagship" car of its time. I dont think it was the Justy?

-Mike

The keys here are "was" and "its time." Sure it is the flag ship then but flag ships do get old and abandoned.

I would like SOA/FHI to do a little more about the state of SVX in the US but if we look from their point of view, we will see a different story. They are a small fish in the big pond and some accidents are better of left forgotten. When Subaru currently has a fair market in the US with the WRX, the last thing they want the consumers to know would be the SVX. They are different cars and in our opinion, SVXes are far better -- but from SOA point of view, imprezas sells better and they will give SOA/FHI more money. Why let consumers aware of trouble prone car they once produced and scare the market away? If people want it, they can do their own research on the SVX.

But I do think that SOA could have some documents that they can circulate with the cars that they created for the US market and their features -- a timeline if you will. Just so that we know they have not really forgotten about the SVX.

Lwin

richeich 05-06-2002 06:25 PM

I know they monitor the i-Club website, but I don't know about here. At least they are trying to pay attention to their current models, and get feedback on them. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Unfortunately, like Randy said, the SVX fell flat on it's face. Beautiful car... bad timing... poor marketing. It was a dark moment in SOA's history, and I think most of the people involved had to fall on their swords. That's why hardly anybody that's left even knows what one is!

And yes, I am a Chicken$hit. Once I figured out the terrible dealer and corporate support for the car, I bailed. There... I said it.