The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Breakfast Foods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13483)

petesvx2 09-30-2003 10:32 AM

Breakfast Foods

Anyone wanna give me a play by play on how to make eggs sunny side up? I keep ending up breaking the eggs in the pan, I just wanna dip my bread thats all.:mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

Zeppelin 09-30-2003 10:49 AM

Make sure that the egg is cooked a little better before flipping it.. (the whites should look done) Once you flip it, cook the other side for about a min.

petesvx2 09-30-2003 10:50 AM

so hmm...im gonna give that a whirl...ive only been cooking one side:rolleyes:

alacrity024 09-30-2003 11:37 AM

another good idea to get them well cooked without flipping them is to cook them maybe halfway, then stick a cover over the pan. the lid will contain all the steal coming off the egg which in turn will cook the top very nicely

-adam (eggs-pert)

petesvx2 09-30-2003 11:58 AM

Thanks Guys!!!:D

Zeppelin 09-30-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
so hmm...im gonna give that a whirl...ive only been cooking one side:rolleyes:

Oh, whoops.. flipping them makes them over-easy, but they'll still be runny :)

petesvx2 09-30-2003 12:09 PM

ohhhhhhhh...ive always wondered what over easy really was...interesting.:cool:

mohrds 09-30-2003 12:11 PM

I grease a pan with real butter, use the lowest heat setting possible and just gently pour the egg out of the shell. It will take a lot longer than using a high flame, but you will have the perfect sunnyside up eggs.

Cook until all the clear is gone and replaced with white. Yolk will still be juicy.

Tomorrow we will talk about poaching eggs :D

Doug

petesvx2 09-30-2003 12:45 PM

But how does one transfer the cooked product...onto the plate where the toast is, WITHOUT breaking the yellow and causing a catastrophe? This is the hardest part I think....Mmmm can't wait for poaching. :D

mohrds 09-30-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
But how does one transfer the cooked product...onto the plate where the toast is, WITHOUT breaking the yellow and causing a catastrophe? This is the hardest part I think....Mmmm can't wait for poaching. :D
With the butter, it just slides out of the pan or get a really big spatula from.....Spatula City!

petesvx2 09-30-2003 02:18 PM

ohhh i didnt have enough lubrication i guess :rolleyes: :p :p

SubaSteevo 09-30-2003 03:21 PM

Pete, you still talking about eggs?

Couldn't resist.

P.S. I know absolutely nothing about cooking eggs. My breakfast usually consists of a pack of Pop-Tarts at most.

Landshark 09-30-2003 04:01 PM

sunny side up = no flip
over easy = a flip

cook long and slow like Doug said, until its white, not slimey. then with a WIDE spatula, scoop it out (sunny side up) or flip it gently and cook a little more (over easy).

the yolk's on you. :)

Darksied-X 09-30-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
With the butter, it just slides out of the pan or get a really big spatula from.....Spatula City!
There's just one place to go for all of your spatula needs: Spatula City!

A giant warehouse of spatulas for every occasion. Thousands to choose from in every shape, size, and color. And because we eliminate the middle man, we can sell all our spatulas factory direct to you. Where do you go if you want to buy name brand spatulas at a fraction of retail cost? Spatula City!

And this weekend only, take advantage of our special liquidation sale. Buy nine spatulas, get the tenth one for just one penny. Don't forget, they make great Christmas presents. And what better way to say "I love you." than with the gift of a spatula? Spatula City!

Spatula City - seven locations; we're in the yellow pages under "spatulas".

At Spatula City, we sell spatulas, and thats all!:D

Green1995SVX 09-30-2003 05:43 PM

This is actually very interesting to me as currently i depend on my roommate to make breakfast. One of these days I'll be on my own and I'll need to know this stuff.

Mike