The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ZOMG! A thought occurs! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39429)

nonSTOP_service 06-19-2007 12:24 AM

ZOMG! A thought occurs!

I had an epiphany today when I was doing an oil change on mah SVX. I was havin a smoke while staring upon my H6 labeled head cover, when it hit me.

This is the first subaru I've ever owned that didn't have the spare tire in the engine bay.

It seems silly, but when you consider this is the 6th subaru to legally be in my possession, it's kinda a neat thought. My concentration was broken when some kids who live across the culdesac (lol i think they're actually older than me) came to bother me. I should add they all have a couple soobs themselves, a 2.5RS, an impreza brighton, and a 2nd gen legacy. (all of which are riced like something straight out of the F&F)

Anyways, one of them started telling me about how my car has a turbo EJ25 and all I could do was look at the H6 logo.

msvx95 06-19-2007 05:45 AM

They need to do some research to find out your car has an EG33.

nonSTOP_service 06-19-2007 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
They need to do some research to find out your car has an EG33.

Or you know... Read. :D

Sov13t 06-19-2007 08:51 AM

word up :confused:

budbaer 06-19-2007 10:57 AM

I've owned several Subaru's and I've yet to have a spare under the hood. My XT, Legacy and Impreza were all spare in the trunk cars. I think it was only the GL's and Brat's and the other "tiny" Sube's that kept the spare under the hood.

XT6Wagon 06-19-2007 11:52 AM

Well given that the Legacy was developed from the XT6, and every Subaru OTHER than the SVX that america saw after that was based on the legacy...

We should all be thankful that Subaru decided to use the XT and XT6 to develop technologies and test them in the real world. Imagine if the legacy arrived with that god aweful electric powersteering that is $80 a quart for fluid and blows up randomly.

SVX also played that role, but to a lesser extent since in the early 90's subaru was removing all the unreliable crap from thier cars, not finding more to put in. I'm still mystified though why the SVX uses a 300zx platform, but with so many changes it in reality shares virtualy nothing. oh and FYI, the Taurus and Sable while assumed to be the same car by everyone... shared just a shade more than 0% of the metal stampings in the car....

dcarrb 06-19-2007 01:06 PM

I liked having the spare in the engine bay. Back in the 80s, nobody around here had seen a Subaru, so that sort of thing just added to the quirky-cool factor. I also liked the sturdy, molded plastic tray with lid that fit into the spare tire well in my '90 Legacy. The SVX really should have come with something like that.

dcb

Bobb 06-19-2007 08:23 PM

Taurus/Sable

Hi XT6, My understanding is that the roof was the same on the Taurus and Sable. Take care, BOBB

XT6Wagon 06-19-2007 08:28 PM

The C-pillars were massively different, so I'd have to check that... and unfortunately I don't have my service manual anymoe to do so. Its possible you are right, but even the floor pans were different. Primaraly talking about the 92-95 ones, as I never paid much mind to the other generations.

NikFu S. 06-19-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonSTOP_service
I was havin a smoke while staring upon my H6 labeled head cover, when it hit me.

Maybe you should be nicer to it?

wynndi 06-19-2007 09:54 PM

Well played Nikfu! Heheheheh

msvx95 06-20-2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Maybe you should be nicer to it?

That was corny...but made me laugh today thanks :D

msvx95 06-20-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
I liked having the spare in the engine bay. Back in the 80s, nobody around here had seen a Subaru, so that sort of thing just added to the quirky-cool factor. I also liked the sturdy, molded plastic tray with lid that fit into the spare tire well in my '90 Legacy. The SVX really should have come with something like that.

dcb

That was one cool feature...I had a 90 legacy too and the trunk was very roomy....that tray ruled! Too bad the rest of the car rusted away.