The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My baby was assaulted and vandalized... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19919)

Rob 07-13-2004 09:54 PM

My baby was assaulted and vandalized...

So I am not in the best of moods this evening.
I get up, shower and shave and return to my faithful SVX for the trip to work. Both doors are open, the face plate of the stereo cover is ripped off the mounts, stereo is gone and so is the cd case.
I am so pissed off I can hardly type......
My beautiful stereo and remote control and cd's are ripped off by some punk a** SOB
I could live without the stereo however I cannot live with the damage done to my car as a result of this bastard ripping off the entire dash.

Does anyone know where to get the replacement parts????

(Cool part to this story. My wife is a forensic scientist at the state crime lab and has processed the SVX with the appropriate cool CSI stuff. Many prints! Lets hope the SOB has a record and I can treat him with the justice he deserves. (9mm seems right)

Thanks for your help, I need some parts now.

PS Lock your cars, there is some prick waiting to steal your stuff.....

Rob
Missoula MT

Alycone 07-13-2004 09:59 PM

:( That's horrible. :(

jklmnopqrst 07-13-2004 11:38 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Rob. (SVX mishaps in Missoula..... this isn't the first time I've heard this :)) Hope the prints turn up a match.

SubaruPartsGirl can hook you up w/ replacement parts for a pretty good price. PM her. I belive she works at a Subaru dealership somewhere.

ensteele 07-13-2004 11:47 PM

The other way to get parts for a good price is to watch for a parts car that someone is starting to sell from Someone on ebay is doing that now. Good luck with the parts, and I am sorry that this happened. :(

LokiDad 07-14-2004 06:01 AM

Re: My baby was assaulted and vandalized...

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob
Does anyone know where to get the replacement parts????

PS Lock your cars, there is some prick waiting to steal your stuff.....

Rob
Missoula MT

I'll echo the earlier reply: check EBay. I believe I even saw a dash for sale there. Plus there are several salvage yards nationally that will have parts. . . and some master search agents/sites on the web that will help you get them. Do a Google search.

I hate to hear about this kind of stuff. The other day someone just decided to break off the antenna on my son's car. A few years ago someone threw a CONCRETE block through the rear windshield of one of our cars on the street. . . and it turns out that that evening someone had poured concrete into styrofoam cups, let it harden, and used them to put out the windshields/windows of over 18 cars.

Hope you can get it straightened out once you can see straight again.:( :( :(

godspeed94 07-14-2004 07:08 AM

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CAR... THERE IS A 92 PEARL BEING PARTED ON EBAY. I THINK HE IS PARTING EVERYTHING. GOOD LUCK!

mbtoloczko 07-14-2004 09:40 AM

Hope you catch the guy.

Chiketkd 07-14-2004 11:31 AM

Your wife has a cool job. I also hope they catch the guy(s)... ;)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by mbtoloczko
Hope you catch the guy.

Mr. Pockets 07-14-2004 11:52 AM

Would the prints or other evidence your wife found be admissible?

Subafreak 07-14-2004 04:31 PM

Dude, a 9mm seems WAY to quik and easy. Don't you have a basement and a blowtorch?

Rob 07-14-2004 08:44 PM

There is NO DOUBT that the prints would be admissible. A crime was commited. Simple fact. The law enforcement man who showed up to take the report said "Would you please perform the evidence gathering (to my wife...) you know how to do this better than me."
The prints are being run through AFIS (automated fingerprint identification system) as I type.
I love my wife, I love my car and I want to catch the SOB who took my stereo and FU my car.
I am still furious.......................

CigarJohnny 07-15-2004 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob
There is NO DOUBT that the prints would be admissible. A crime was commited. Simple fact. The law enforcement man who showed up to take the report said "Would you please perform the evidence gathering (to my wife...) you know how to do this better than me."
The prints are being run through AFIS (automated fingerprint identification system) as I type.
I love my wife, I love my car and I want to catch the SOB who took my stereo and FU my car.

Can't say I blame you. Best of luck in apprehending the creep(s)!

jklmnopqrst 07-16-2004 11:07 PM

Did the prints turn up any results? We want an update!!! :)

blk97lsi 07-17-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob

I feel you on this one. I just parked overnight at a hotel, and had a stupid a** family decide to let their kids play jungle gym on the hood of my car. The hood is pretty much ruined, and a $200 detail still couldn't pull the scratches out of the paint.

Why are people such a**holes?

SHISVX 07-18-2004 08:50 AM

alright, that is it, SVXERS unite!

lets kick there arses!

serious, what a sick SOB!

Kelli