The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT ...well kind of.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10822)

Uncamitzi 05-17-2003 08:34 AM

OT ...well kind of....

unless you've been to a Subaru Dealer Lately..

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid".
That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't have to ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol'stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit and there's only one way to test it. "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those
side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist- I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house; he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Damn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge? The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help
myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge...here's your sign."

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said, "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."

Anybody you know need a sign today? Send this to all your friends. The next time someone says something stupid, ask them where their sign is.

Now I know that you know that I didn't come up with this myself But if you know where I got it.... you just might be a redneck!

happy day

SHISVX 05-17-2003 09:30 AM

that is an old country song...

why don't they get the picture, why don't they understand we're not talking about the planet of apes, we're talking about the everyday man....blah blah....here's your sign

Kelli

lee 05-17-2003 09:35 AM

Be careful, they're probably trying to pass on the SAR virus (Stupid And Redundant).

Maybe instead of SVX cards you could make some up for the site below and hand them out. ;)

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Ashamed to admit how many times I've been close to getting in myself :o

montypython 05-17-2003 10:08 AM

:D :D :D :D

Veeery Funny

:D :D :D :D

ensteele 05-17-2003 10:41 AM

Thanks for that one Mitch - I needed a good laugh this morning! This certainly did the trick. :D :D

(Earl not wearing his sign this morning):rolleyes:

svxeno 05-17-2003 10:52 AM

Mitch,

Did you really post that whole thing on our forum?

If you didn't make that up did you hear or see it somewhere else?

Randy ii

Andy 05-17-2003 11:37 AM

Where can I get one of those signs from?

I already have the sign that says 'SUCKER' I can't see it, but apparently everyone else can.

marlettpat 05-17-2003 07:04 PM

Uncamitzi, youve been listenting to too much Bill Engvall
:D

Aredubjay 05-18-2003 01:20 AM

Re: OT ...well kind of....

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi

But if you know where I got it.... you just might be a redneck!

Hate to give myself away, but, Foxworthy rules! :D:D:D

svxeno 05-18-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Where can I get one of those signs from?

I already have the sign that says 'SUCKER' I can't see it, but apparently everyone else can.

Now THAT'S funny

Randy ii

svxeno 05-18-2003 08:53 AM

Re: Re: OT ...well kind of....

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Hate to give myself away, :D:D:D

This is supposed to be surprising?! :D

Randy ('causin' trouble agin) ii

Aredubjay 05-19-2003 12:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: OT ...well kind of....

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

This is supposed to be surprising?! :D

Randy ('causin' trouble agin) ii

Hay-uhl naw. :D:D

Uncamitzi 05-19-2003 04:35 PM

Re: Re: OT ...well kind of....

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Hate to give myself away, but, Foxworthy rules! :D:D:D

And I'm supposed to be surpised that you came up with it?

I'm really not sure if he didn't steal the basic idea from Gallager(sp?) only it was darts with flags on them while driving...

That way every time someone did something stupid in traffic that you saw... you would shoot them with a dart (not rubber tipped) with a little flag that said "STUPID".... A cop would then see a car with 5 or more darts and pull them over and give the a ticket for being STUPID...:D :D