The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Tribeca Commercial (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27307)

RSVX 07-13-2005 07:13 AM

New Tribeca Commercial

Have you guys seen the new B9 Tribeca commercial? Well, its new to me anyway...

The background music is the song "Dust in the wind" and as the Tribeca drives past other SUVs, the do such things as wither away to dust, turn into elaborate plant boxes, and crush themselves into car sized cubes of metal...

I found it very enjoyable for a subaru commercial!!

Subafreak 07-13-2005 09:21 PM

It's alright I guess. I'm supprozed Subaru spent the money to get a known song and special effects in the commercial.

Personally I would perfer a commercial boasting more facts about horsepower and handleing. After all who is gonna buy it for looks? :rolleyes: :D

Weebitob 07-13-2005 09:26 PM

Makes you wonder why the other SUVs wither away eh? ;)

OOOOOHHHHH!!!! :p

Chiketkd 07-31-2005 03:14 PM

Over the last two weeks, I've seen three B9 Tribecas driving on the road - all right off the showroom floor with 30-day tags. They honestly look great and quite classy. I may even test-drive one when my wife and I look for an SUV in the next 6-9 months.

-Chike

P.S. I've seen the 'ad' you speak of several times. Love the song. :cool:

shelfy 07-31-2005 03:38 PM

i am considering downsizing and trading in teh legacy and teh jeep on one and cashflowing about $400 per month. this would mean putting the svx into semi-daily driver service (at least 200 miles per week).

Chiketkd 07-31-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
i am considering downsizing and trading in teh legacy and teh jeep on one and cashflowing about $400 per month. this would mean putting the svx into semi-daily driver service (at least 200 miles per week).

Do it! You can't keep it super low mileage for ever! Certain cars are meant to be driven! ;)

-Chike

shelfy 07-31-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Do it! You can't keep it super low mileage for ever! Certain cars are meant to be driven! ;)

i think i'll call my salesman tomorrow and take him up on the 24-hour test drive. :)

Chiketkd 07-31-2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
i think i'll call my salesman tomorrow and take him up on the 24-hour test drive. :)

That salesman must have made a lot of money off of you over the years! :p

I seriously doubt you'll be dissapointed. Personally, I won't be surprised if you use the B9 as your primary daily instead of the low mileage '97. The interior is amazing!

-Chike

shelfy 07-31-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

That salesman must have made a lot of money off of you over the years! :p

they have:

2000 subaru legacy gt limited - 5mt
2002 subaru forester s premium package - 5mt
2005 subaru legacy 2.5gt - 5eat

shelfy 07-31-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

Personally, I won't be surprised if you use the B9 as your primary daily instead of the low mileage '97.

you're probably right. in theory, i drive the hyundai to work monday, tuesday, wednesday, and teh legacy on thursday and friday. right now the jeep only gets driven when i'm going camping or hiking at a state park. the svx is for pleasure driving only on saturday or sunday. in the winter, i'd prefer to have awd, so the legacy (or tribeca) most likely will be making the 90 mile round trip five days per week. plus i should let hubby use teh awd car on saturday and sunday. :)

SVX-FF 07-31-2005 07:35 PM

I saw that commercial too, the Volvo was the only one to survive the Tribeca passing it.
I went to the dealer the other day and looked over one. OMFG!!! That thing is totally awesome. The motor is almost identical to the EG33. The fuel line come in at the same spot, the intake setup is similar but made of composite and with a single throttle body and no IRIS. Oils stick, fill cap, alternator, A/C, power steering bump (two piece), ABS, etc are all in the same spot. The back of the engine looked to have the same bolt pattern too. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? 5 speed auto :eek: :D :cool:
There are more bells and whistles than I have ever seen. If you have the time go check one out. you will be amazed at the similarities.

I could go on for hours but it would be better to see one for yourself. If I had 38K I would have one right now.

Steve

awdsvxh6 07-31-2005 09:54 PM

how many people like the new tribeca? my dads friend came over in one and i loved the way it road and handled. it is very comfertable and spacious for how many people we had in there. car and driver liked it except for the damn front end. but over i like it it is quick almost no leaning around turns and it will get up and go when u floor it.

Landshark 07-31-2005 10:52 PM

i believe Rallitek is working on a turbo kit for teh Tribeca.

i don't know what major differences there are between the 3.0 and 3.3 H6, but this may benefit SVX'ers, too.

SVX-FF 08-01-2005 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
i believe Rallitek is working on a turbo kit for teh Tribeca.

i don't know what major differences there are between the 3.0 and 3.3 H6, but this may benefit SVX'ers, too.

That would be great if they get a good turbo to work. The Tribeca is running 10.7:1 compression ratio on 89.2x80mm pistons/stroke. The 3.0 also uses a active valve lift system (AVLS), per the specifications in the booklet I got. but it looks the same other than that.

Steve

Tim-H 08-01-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subafreak
After all who is gonna buy it for looks? :rolleyes: :D

lol the same type of people that buy the H2 for looks.