The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   GT4 video........um, holy s**t!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14033)

Landshark 10-27-2003 08:46 AM

GT4 video........um, holy s**t!!!!

this game is gonna be sick!!!
:eek:

http://www.gtadvance.com/videos/gt4_6.zip

Mr. Pockets 10-27-2003 12:20 PM

Everything I do between now and when GT4 comes out is merely to pass the time.

Of course, I play a lot of games. I doubt there are many married men of my age who play games (outside of my profession, of course) nearly as much. And I can say, without any hesitation, that I have played the GT series way more than any other game.

MartyMcFly 10-27-2003 12:31 PM

Just one word. UNBELIEVEABLE

mfg hrc

Landshark 10-27-2003 12:32 PM

driving the SVX in that game - how cool is that gonna be?!?!? :D

Mr. Pockets 10-27-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
driving the SVX in that game - how cool is that gonna be?!?!? :D
It was pretty badass in the PSX versions of the game, so I would assume that it'll be equally badass.

There's no doubt in my mind that Polyphony will put a 5-speed in the SVX, like every other racing game which has included the car. What we should do is change the gear ratios so that they match the real car, which would basically make the fifth gear unusable. Then we can race them online.

WOOHOO!

We'll do stock classes and modified classes and...and...

By the way, I recently got a widescreen HDTV and GT3 looks sooooo much better in 16:9 through component cables. I was completely shocked by the difference in quality. :eek:

BordeauxComet 10-27-2003 08:31 PM

Quote:

Everything I do between now and when GT4 comes out is merely to pass the time.
Word!!

Does anyone know if the SVX is actually gonna be in this one? There's over 500 cars so I'd hope so!
-Nathan

BTW I read the other day that the average gamer is 29 years old.

NikFu S. 10-27-2003 08:46 PM

ive heard by many ppl in many places it will be, but i also saw ppl with lists that didnt include it. drop a note to whomever makes the game. im sure theyd tell you.
ive driven the svx in other games and it wasnt too bad. it ran low 15s and handled like a pro while keeping up with the current crop of badass speedsters.
then again, its only a game.

CigarJohnny 10-27-2003 08:50 PM

Holy Crap!

That was game footage??? DAYUM! It's getting hard to distinguish the games from real video footage. I like how the spectators step back when you get too close. I will definitely be getting a PS2 when they hit $99 like I here they will do by Christmas to compete with the GameCube pricing. That game looks amazing!

Chicane 10-27-2003 09:00 PM

Eh... well... I bought GT2 specifically for the SVX. It really isn't that great. It can't compete with modded supras and stuff, just because there is no turbo option. I mean, it can be made reasonable fast, but nowhere near supra/porsche/GTR territory.

Anyway, that footage looks pretty good, but it pisses me off where they placed the spectators.... thats just NOT realistic. Anyone who sits on the outside edge of a hairpin turn is an idiot. :mad:

- Rob

NikFu S. 10-27-2003 09:03 PM

ive seen footage of people getting wacked by auto-x cars cuz they were on the outside of a turn. not just hairpins either.
if you can hitem then i say werder up.:D

omahasubaru 10-28-2003 06:30 AM

I doubt this was auto-x... I have seen some old GroupB footage of Rallying where the outside of turns were lined with spectators... very close calls and some actually contact.

I wish I could see this video.. I'll have to wait until I'm home due to filters at work. I have also seen the propesed list of cars for GT4... it was huge and the Alcyone SVX was on it.

Mr. Pockets 10-28-2003 09:26 AM

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the GT series, has been asked about the spectators in interviews. He's said that, though Polyphony realize the spectators were big hit, they may not make it into the final build of the game.

As for GT4's visual quality, I agree - it looks really good. Of course, we'll only know how much of an improvement they've made once we see the actual game, but I don't doubt that it'll look better than GT3. Those guys are indeed powerful wizards.

Anyway, yes, lists released by Polyphony include the SVX. There is little doubt in my mind that the SVX will be in the game.

mbtoloczko 10-28-2003 10:07 AM

Wow. I didn't realize it was game footage until I re-read this thread! Unbelieveable.

Mr. Pockets 10-28-2003 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mbtoloczko
Wow. I didn't realize it was game footage until I re-read this thread! Unbelieveable.
I wouldn't say that all of it is real, in-game footage. Some of it is pre-rendered footage using in-game assets, but not the engine. That's my theory. The previous GT games have all had similar footage in the intro videos.

Earthworm 10-29-2003 03:49 PM

Sure enough, when I go to download the video I get Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Oh well, try again later.