The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Car and Driver briefly mention SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10048)

nordique14 04-15-2003 11:21 AM

Car and Driver briefly mention SVX

Car and Driver magazine mentioned the SVX in their Geneva Auto Show coverage. Here's the quote:
"Not since the intensely angular SVX coupe has Subaru come up with something as strikingly weird as the B11S..."

Angular? Weird? Oh, I beg to differ.

Cheers,
Matt

benebob 04-15-2003 11:25 AM

C&D

I read that last night too. Sounded to me like they got it confused with the XT

Mr. Pockets 04-15-2003 01:51 PM

I don't think the B11S is 'weird' at all. I think it's very conventional and doesn't take any chances at all. I think that the designer (I can't remember his name, but he's Greek, right?) needs to be reminded that he no longer works for Alfa.

WestCoastSVX 04-15-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I don't think the B11S is 'weird' at all. I think it's very conventional and doesn't take any chances at all. I think that the designer (I can't remember his name, but he's Greek, right?) needs to be reminded that he no longer works for Alfa.
I agree. The B11S is pretty striking now, but every element on it is reflected in at least one, usually several cars that are now in production. And more and more of the new styles coming out are looking like this so by the time B11S hit production, it would not be nearly as unconventional looking as the SVX was when it came out in 92.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, as long as it is not called SVX. ;)

alacrity024 04-15-2003 03:51 PM

Re: Car and Driver briefly mention SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
"Not since the intensely angular SVX coupe....
heh, hey rob, wanna do this one again? ;)

-adam

Chicane 04-15-2003 04:32 PM

I think it's angular. :P

Most 90s cars look like jellybeans, and the SVX certainly doesn't. :p

- Rob

svx_commuter 04-15-2003 07:04 PM

The BS11 has a lot of power and the looks are trendy so it should sell well. That will be great for SubyFuijiGM. However the looks are not what I would call beautiful like an SVX. :) The looks will not have staying power. The SVX has a long lasting 'Look". What did R&T call it? Looks similar to the 911, classic lines?

SVXphile 04-15-2003 07:14 PM

By a nose...

There were several letters in the readers column in a recent Autoweek that praised the BS11. One even refered to the SVX. The photo that accompanied the letters, seemed to make the nose less offensive than others I've seen. I guess it could grow on me.....

...wait a minute. That doesn't sound right...:eek:

Don

lhopp77 04-15-2003 08:43 PM

GM

I keep seeing the references on here about GM and Subaru, but honestly have not seen anyplace else. But, mind you I do not read a lot of car magazines. I just do not understand why that type of relationship would be necessary for a company like Fuji that is a VERY diverse company. In fact the primary company that launched the Japanese space program--satellites.

That would really make me barf to see Subaru contaminated by GM stuff--that would be going backwards.

(Humm--wondered who is going to bite me over this one??)

Lee

SVXx4

zamorush 04-15-2003 08:47 PM

what issue?

B11 does have some weird lines and charachteristics.

nik

Seraph 04-15-2003 10:09 PM

Apart from the doors, nose and the interior, I'll take the BS.. I mean BIIS.

L

wasions 04-16-2003 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I think it's angular. :P

Most 90s cars look like jellybeans, and the SVX certainly doesn't. :p

- Rob

Amen! Rob.

Jellybeans and pumpkinseeds!

Long live (my) SVX! :cool: