The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How To Locker & Files (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12074)

ensteele 07-19-2003 04:03 PM

How To Locker & Files

I have started to add a few files to the "How To" locker. If you have one that you would like added, email it to me and I will get it for you. I have been converting the files into Acrobat so everyone can use them.

If you are not familiar with this, it is in the "Personal Lockers" area under "How To".

If there is one that is not in the locker that you would like to see put in there, let me know and I will see if someone can write it up. :)

My email address is: ensteele@cnw.com

Phast SVX 07-19-2003 04:52 PM

im going to do a brake rotor/install, i took all the pics last time i changed i just need to get around to writing it.
phil

ensteele 07-19-2003 08:55 PM

When you get it done, let me know. :)

JLittell 07-19-2003 10:08 PM

Earl, Glad to see that you are willing to do this...lots of SVX knowledge in here going to waste! The "How-Too" can really help prevent redundant posts and questions!

vzSvx 07-19-2003 10:51 PM

Brilliant idea!
Thanks, Earl . . .

ensteele 07-20-2003 02:45 AM

I just added some more files to the How To locker. There are pictures and instructions on different things. :)

flynavy 07-20-2003 07:18 AM

brakes

great job with the locker! i'm looking foward to that brake job stuff phil. next on my list are the brakes and a set of cross drilled slotted rotors. i'm anxious to see what you'll post. i saw the ryan macdonald how to but the pics left me with some questions.

ensteele 07-20-2003 10:07 AM

Post the questions and we can try to help out where we can. It isn't all that difficult. :)

Trevor 07-21-2003 04:51 PM

GREAT JOB

Earl -- good one,

You have undertaken something very worthwhile which has been needed for some time. Special thanks are the order of the day. You will have received a couple of entries from me by Email. Let's hope you get LOTS of support.

I wonder if you should change the thread heading to -- " More How To's Wanted " or what ever, in order to get more attention ?

Special thanks and regards, Trevor. *<)

northernkanuck 07-24-2003 10:25 AM

Great job Earl. I was looking through the file and noticed a how- to for the speakers but nothing for the stereo head unit. I recall a few members (I have lost too many brain cells to remember and I am saving my last few for the Rolling Stones concert in Toronto next week) posting very detailed instructions. If someone could direct you to where they are I am sure it would be easy for a man of your many talents to add to the list.;)

Keith

ensteele 07-24-2003 10:49 AM

I will try to get that one. I do remember that someone had that at the 10 anniversary meet. Maybe someone can help me out with who that was. He did a demo in the 110 deg parking lot, and some of use were more interested in getting some water than going to that one. :)

Jimsbaby 07-24-2003 10:39 PM

NEEDED!!!!!

ok first off great idea with the newer updated folder...and also need is how to put a glove box back together i took mine off due to that stupid door lock timer behind there now let her sit for a day or two and now i have extra parts and no glove box staying in....someone help if u can

ensteele 07-24-2003 11:28 PM

I am only aware of 1 How-To on the glove box. The main caution is:

"Attention - never wait for more than 5 minutes before reassembling your glove box, or you may never get it back together." :rolleyes: :D jk

I will see what I can do. Maybe someone else has some ideas! Anybody? :)